• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT17| I'm Spartacus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Southampton a lot and everything but they have basically been powered by moneybags. Done alot right outside of that too don't get me wrong but I imagine fans of teams lower down the league are very envious that they got the cash injection they did.

Did the cash injection go instantly towards players to allow them to smash the leagues, or was it just used to stabilise the club and set up an infrastructure for success?

Messi

Madrid or Barca fans complaining about the refs make me laugh. Both teams get redicilous decisions all the time. To act like one gets them and the other doesn't is ludicrous.

So, current avatar or this:

Hjg09eV.jpg

To express my despair.

dc89

Shreeves: manuel, with palace beating Chelsea is that a real incentive to win today and go top?

Pellegrini: I didn't know this? Did palace beat Chelsea? I didn't know, I don't worry about Chelsea.

Yep.. My bet as well. Giroud big game today.

:lol

Hasn't had a game where he's really taken Arsenal's attacking play to another level for a long time as far as I can tell. Even when he scores, it's the result of being the most prominent cog in the attacking machine, rather than being a driving force.

Madrid or Barca fans complaining about the refs make me laugh. Both teams get redicilous decisions all the time. To act like one gets them and the other doesn't is ludicrous.

Madrid fans conveniently forget the history of their club. That's why their salt is especially delicious.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Sitting deep is their best option. Problem is I think they'll start Soldado, and we all know he can't score.

Soldado played quite well against Southampton, he's not ideal but he will work hard.

Until I see the team sheet it's hard to know how the game will go, we could do a lot of different things. I don't think it will be another hiding because we had a full week's rest and we don't have the same injury problems. In the 5-0 we didn't even have a shot at goal, Eriksen was injured and the team was set up all wrong.

Sandro Bentaleb Dembele
Townsend Soldado Eriksen

I think we might see that front 6.

Honestly id prefer it if this southampton side stayed together somehow. Won't happen but it would be nice to see them build.

Shaw to city
Lallana to 'pool
Lambert or rodriguez to rot on chelseas bench

I'd cut a bollock off* for Shaw to move to Liverpool. LB is the real problem spot imo.

*someone else's bollock.

Jarnet87

Now two clubs can sing Viva John Terry. legend.

Isn't Powell an attacking mid/center foward? Moyes doesn't play 10's when everyone is healthy, no future here.

Fry

I cant fucking believe Chelsea lost. All I asked for was a draw.

And they lost. And we have a chance of winning the league.

Wow.

pulga

Banned
Someone told me Barca was gifted another game? Red card, penalty, rinse, repeat loooooooool

Arsenal pls deliver and make me believe in football again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom