• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT17| I'm Spartacus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suen

lol why did ref give that decision against Higuain? Juve how much money have you payed? sun.png

Napoli dominating the game so far.

JonnyBrad

Sherwood has gone mad.

It's awkward, Arnie's mentioned it before, the Kop was glorious as a standing area and I'd like to see it return to that one day. It's just so awkward though from Hillsborough, I can only really see it being accepted by the entire Liverpool fan base by asking all the Hillsborough families for their approval of a new safe standing area.

Which will never happen. Anfield will not have save standing in my lifetime.

It's dangerous the way it is right now (where people just stand anyway) but there is too much emotion in it.

jesalr

Bj_t08UIMAAJofM.jpg

Classy from Spirit of Shankly. Our supporters trust had worked with them closely recently, and one of the co-chairs passed away this month.

King_Moc

Banned
Which will never happen. Anfield will not have save standing in my lifetime.

It's dangerous the way it is right now (where people just stand anyway) but there is too much emotion in it.

Yeah, when I've been there people stand most of the time anyway. At least with safe standing there would be a rail in front of you. Resistance from Hillsborough families would be for sentimental reasons, rather than safety ones in my opinion. But no one's going to try to get this put in, they've been through enough.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Remind me again; Why do you hate Jan?

He's played like a disinterested twat for the entire season.

Last year he was still prone to complacency against lesser teams but he was bringing the ball out, scoring goals, setting the example at the back. Been bang average this season, just a nothing contribution from him. Chiriches has been vastly better and I hope he takes Jan's place for the last few games.

Sherwood:

"The idea was to stay in the game as long as we could but at 2-0 the game is dead and buried.

If that was the idea then why were our best two CMs on the bench? Oh right, because you don't like 'holding players'. Let's shove Gylfi in there instead then.

Yeah, when I've been there people stand most of the time anyway. At least with safe standing there would be a rail in front of you. Resistance from Hillsborough families would be for sentimental reasons, rather than safety ones in my opinion. But no one's going to try to get this put in, they've been through enough.

How does that stand at Dortmund's stadium work? Never heard of any safety issues arising from it, could be wrong though

faridmon

He's played like a disinterested twat for the entire season.

Last year he was still prone to complacency against lesser teams but he was bringing the ball out, scoring goals, setting the example at the back. Been bang average this season, just a nothing contribution from him. Chiriches has been vastly better and I hope he takes Jan's place for the last few games.

He seems to have lost his focus, which is the last thing you want in a CB
He's a bloody good CB but Ush's probably pissed off with him for not been able to replicate his first season start.

Thanks for the reply.

Damn shame, one of the most talented CB in the league and his lack of focus and passion just throws that talent out of the window.

MPW

Pogba is going to be the best central midfielder in the world at some point.

Just think about that United.

he won't be playing for juve at that point in his career

i see him leaving in the summer to psg for a big fat contract

Scum

Going to get Chinese tonight. Haven't had that in a while. No idea what to have though.

If that was the idea then why were our best two CMs on the bench? Oh right, because you don't like 'holding players'. Let's shove Gylfi in there instead then.

Go back to bed, Sherwood. You're an hour behind.

AHAHAHA

Nacional scored again. 2-0 against Porto. I can already hear that beautiful Champions League song...

Wait, it´s actually 2-1. Didn´t noticed that Porto had scored already in the 2nd half.

Independent supporters' trusts could have such a good influence if they could be professionally organised and in constant communication with the clubs across the leagues, for home and away fans

I think they're doing OK now, but more transparency in pricing, sections, travel recommendations, providing travel, promoting a better atmosphere, discouraging OTT unpleasantness, just getting a clearer idea of where the club's going. All of that would be welcome I think.

Thanks for the reply.

Damn shame, one of the most talented CB in the league and his lack of focus and passion just throws that talent out of the window.

Meeeeh. He's one of the most offensively skilled CB's out there, but he's kind of slow, has concentration issues and position problems he's never fixed. At best he can be a solid PL CB, just below the top CB's.

Weirdly enough effort was never an issue with him at Ajax, always putting in 110% every game. He must not be motivated with the coaches he's had or maybe it's the environment in general.

Going to get Chinese tonight. Haven't had that in a while. No idea what to have though.

Crispy Beef with Sweet Chili Sauce, egg fried rice, prawn crackers, maybe a few Peking Duck&Hoisin Sauce pancakes with stripped cucumber.

That's yo dinner.

Linius

Meeeeh. He's one of the most offensively skilled CB's out there, but he's kind of slow, has concentration issues and position problems he's never fixed. At best he can be a solid PL CB, just below the top CB's.

Weirdly enough effort was never an issue with him at Ajax, always putting in 110% every game. He must not be motivated with the coaches he's had or maybe it's the environment in general.

Jan will be a hero for ever. Proper Ajax player, he loved the club and did everything for us he possibly could.

Arnie

Deep fried crispy chilli beef

Egg fried rice

Salt and pepper chicken wings

Prawn toast

Seaweed

A can of coke

That yo dinner

#kitchenpsyche

faridmon

He maybe slow, but his reading of the game was impeccable the few times I saw him when he arrived at Spurs. He still young as well and he could have learn how to maximise his skills into a something worthwhile. Like I said, He could have been the best CB in the league if he worked hard enough.

Linius

He maybe slow, but his reading of the game was impeccable the few times I saw him when he arrived at Spurs. He still young as well and he could have learn how to maximise his skills into a something worthwhile. Like I said, He could have been the best CB in the league if he worked hard enough.

He made some delicious rushes forward in his Ajax time. I miss those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom