• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT17| I'm Spartacus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scum

Meeeeh. He's one of the most offensively skilled CB's out there, but he's kind of slow, has concentration issues and position problems he's never fixed. At best he can be a solid PL CB, just below the top CB's.

Weirdly enough effort was never an issue with him at Ajax, always putting in 110% every game. He must not be motivated with the coaches he's had or maybe it's the environment in general.

I just blame the managers we've had. lol
Like I said earlier, he's had 3 of them already. Van Gaal/Pochettino/Jol pls.

Crispy Beef with Sweet Chili Sauce, egg fried rice, prawn crackers, maybe a few Peking Duck&Hoisin Sauce pancakes with stripped cucumber.

That's yo dinner.

Hmmm...That's fine choosing but I wonder what Arn-

Deep fried crispy chilli beef

Egg fried rice

Salt and pepper chicken wings

Prawn toast

Seaweed

A can of coke

That yo dinner

#kitchenpsyche

Awwww yeah!

Jan will be a hero for ever. Proper Ajax player, he loved the club and did everything for us he possibly could.
For real. At one point he was so important he was basically our entire gameplan. Wait for Jan to dribble past a bunch of defenders and unleash a 30 yard screamer, or wait until Jan makes an amazing long ball for our striker, winning the game. All the while being a brick wall at the back. And he was the most intense player on the team, always picking a fight with an opposing player.

I see him at Tottenham and I don't see the fire I used to see.

Calleti don't make me hate you baby

Scores so many goals for what I'd call a pretty average all-round player who doesn't even play up front

Muller+coconut.jpg

Just kidding, Bayern-GAF

Linius

For real. At one point he was so important he was basically our entire gameplan. Wait for Jan to dribble past a bunch of defenders and unleash a 30 yard screamer, or wait until Jan makes an amazing long ball for our striker, winning the game. All the while being a brick wall at the back. And he was the most intense player on the team, always picking a fight with an opposing player.

I see him at Tottenham and I don't see the fire I used to see.

I think I've only seen them play once or twice the past few seasons. I have too little interest in football other than Ajax or Barca. Or sometimes a good clash like Liverpool - Man. United etc. So I usually lose sight of how our former players perform :(

I have to admit, I haven't watched any of his Ajax matches except for tidbits here and there.
Man you guys had a fantastic line-up back then!

I wouldn't expect you to watch on a regular basis, most games aren't much fun to watch anyways :p

Sane_Man

Someone please tell me it's true that Sherwood twatted Dawson in the dressing room? I truly want to believe, even though I know it's probably bollocks.

Scum

He made some delicious rushes forward in his Ajax time. I miss those.

I remember watching him about 2, maybe 3 seasons ago when I was with two other mates in Amsterdam. Scored twice in a 4-1 win at home against Vitesse(?) with Eriksen styling, innit. Absolutely great to watch.
Now, after AVB sucked the life and soul out of him as a LB, he's just dead on the inside. :-(

I have to admit, I haven't watched any of his Ajax matches except for tidbits here and there.
Man you guys had a fantastic line-up back then!
Even that lineup was nothing compared to 03/04. Zlatan, Sneijder, VD Vaart, Pienaar, Litmanen, Maxwell, Mido, etc.

Now we have to sell any player that gets anywhere near good.

Linius

Even that lineup was nothing compared to 03/04. Zlatan, Sneijder, VD Vaart, Pienaar, Litmanen, Maxwell, Mido, etc.

Now we have to sell any player that gets anywhere near good.

Mido ended up being a fat twat. Last I heard about him from Sleepless (rip in pieces) he's now managing some club in Egypt at the age of 30 :lol

Zabojnik

Juventus need to make changes.

Napoli looking the better team.

The only change that would help tonight is switching to 4-3-3. Which isn't gonna happen, so ... Game is going EXACTLY as I predicted. We should've fielded the entirety of our B team, we were never going to win anyway.

K1LLER7

The only change that would help tonight is switching to 4-3-3. Which isn't gonna happen, so ... Game is going EXACTLY as I predicted. We should've fielded the entirety of our B team, we were never going to win.
Your CF's don't do much.

Not sure how different it is with Tevez but, the 2 playing today have done nothing.

Mido ended up being a fat twat. Last I heard about him from Sleepless (rip in pieces) he's now managing some club in Egypt at the age of 30 :lol
LOL I saw him be a fat twat while wearing an Ajax jersey, playing offense with El Hamdaoui. Those were dark days. He was great back then though.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Yes it was offside, but they deserve the lead.

Vidal was jogging. I don't think I have ever seen him do this looool pulling a Yaya Toure tonight

They are certainly no Milan Internazionale
You don't want me to turn on Bayern trust me

Zabojnik

Your CF's don't do much.

Not sure how different it is with Tevez but, the 2 playing today have done nothing.

When Tevez isn't playing, they rarely do anything even when we're up against lesser teams. So it's not surprising at all. That's why I said that we should've started Quaglia. At least we could've hoped for a wonder goal.

K1LLER7

Yes it was offside, but they deserve the lead.

Vidal was jogging. I don't think I have ever seen him do this looool pulling a Yaya Toure tonight

You don't want me to turn on Bayern trust me
Commentator said Chiellini was still off the pitch too.

Would have dealt with it if he was on.

K1LLER7

When Tevez isn't playing, they rarely do anything even when we're up against lesser teams. So it's not surprising at all. That's why I said that we should've started Quaglia. At least we could've hoped for a wonder goal.

Take Llorente and Osvaldo off.

Giovinco on. Push Vidal/Pogba forward. Marchisio in middle.

Yen

Yeah, when I've been there people stand most of the time anyway. At least with safe standing there would be a rail in front of you. Resistance from Hillsborough families would be for sentimental reasons, rather than safety ones in my opinion. But no one's going to try to get this put in, they've been through enough.

If the rest of the PL implement it and it's shown to be safe (which it absolutely is) then there is no reason not to introduce it in Anfield. The want for a standing Kop would be massive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom