• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT17| I'm Spartacus

Status
Not open for further replies.

VLiberty

rafa-benitez-magic.gif

Oh shit :lol

Arnie

Chelsea has briefed the press.

Papers saying Mou is going to clear out his strikers in the summer.

Be funny if they don't get Costa.

Dunno who else they'd get that'd match their expectancy levels. Probably have to play Lukaku; don't know why he's not chomping at the bit to make him number one.

pulga

Banned
I don't understand what Blablurn is expecting United fans to say.

It's basically baiting them into saying "yes m'lord, bayern will pound us a new asshole, m'lord"

i imagine him stroking his cock whilst he reads the responses

Be funny if they don't get Costa.

Dunno who else they'd get that'd match their expectancy levels. Probably have to play Lukaku; don't know why he's not chomping at the bit to make him number one.

I'm not sure Costa would want to leave Spain really. Could see Mandzukic happening instead and wouldn't be against him and Lukaku staying. With Drogba as a player coach (it really does sound like he will at least come as a coach). The dream would be Cavani, he just has to bitch some more about not playing in his favorite position at PSG and come to Chelsea already.

-----------------------------Hart---------------------------------

Johnson-------Cahill----------Jagielka---------Baines

--------------------Gerrard-------------------------------------
--------------------------------Barkley-------------------------

-----------------------Lallana-----------------------------------

--------Sterling--------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------Rooney-----------

------------------------Sturridge--------------------------------

Don't be a prick, Roy.

Arnie

I'm not sure Costa would want to leave Spain really. Could see Mandzukic happening instead and wouldn't be against him and Lukaku staying. With Drogba as a player coach (it really does sound like he will at least come as a coach). The dream would be Cavani, he just has to bitch some more about not playing in his favorite position at PSG and come to Chelsea already.
Cavani is the one, but I just don't believe PSG would sell.

Atletico have to sell someone, so that makes sense (provided Costa is willing to go).

Mandzukic is good, much better than what you currently have, but not the next evolution.

It's so strange that Lewa wanted to stay in the Bundesliga and go to Bayern. What can he bring to that club that they don't already have?

He is staying where he is now.

hahahaha

do you believe this?

And I'm sure everyone's already seen it but I'm posting it anyway because it's fucking hilarious https://t.co/T7WHBoQnDF

faridmon

He's not staying at Everton. If he leaves Chelsea again it surely must be a permanent deal and no way Everton got the money Chelsea will want.

If Mou is not happy with him and wants him out, I doubt any of the big clubs will come for him with good amount of money. I think we can pay up to £15m.

Scum

Don't be a prick, Roy.

Hitch, pls. You left out Milner, Lennon, Defoe, Sheringham and Jenas.

Elchele

It's so strange that Lewa wanted to stay in the Bundesliga and go to Bayern. What can he bring to that club that they don't already have?

Mandzukic is not a perfect fit for our game, he's much better than Gomez in that aspect but nowhere near the fluidity we need upfront. For example when Pizarro plays, the whole attack is much more fluid and diverse... Lewa is basically a young and better Pizarro for us.

Also, Mandzukic most likely will stick around for one more season.

Suen

I don't understand what Blablurn is expecting United fans to say.

It's basically baiting them into saying "yes m'lord, bayern will pound us a new asshole, m'lord"

i imagine him stroking his cock whilst he reads the responses
I can see him starting a new thread in OT in the future. The title will be "Do you stroke your own cock while reading the responses here?"

Hitch, pls. You left out Milner, Lennon, Defoe, Sheringham and Jenas.

Seriously, the more I see of Llallanna, the more I think he should be starting at the WC, let alone being there.

Next to Gerrard is the problem position. Not massively happy with either Barkley, Wilshere or Henderson there

Don't be a prick, Roy.

Hodgson is a safe better. He won't go with Sterling, Barkley and Lallana in the main team.

Arnie

If Mou is not happy with him and wants him out, I doubt any of the big clubs will come for him with good amount of money. I think we can pay up to £15m.
Which isn't enough.

It's naive to think that Chelsea will release him for £15 million or less.

He's a top talent, albeit one Chelsea believe they can profit hugely from. You've basically been acting as a shop window this season.
Mandzukic is not a perfect fit for our game, he's much better than Gomez in that aspect but nowhere near the fluidity we need upfront. For example when Pizarro plays, the whole attack is much more fluid and diverse... Lewa is basically a young and better Pizarro for us.

Also, Mandzukic most likely will stick around for one more season.
Yes but you're already so far ahead of every other team in the league that it all seems wholly pointless.

It's like spending shitloads of money on special tires to put on your Lamborghini before a race against 17 Vauxhall Astras.

Scum

Seriously, the more I see of Llallanna, the more I think he should be starting at the WC, let alone being there.

Next to Gerrard is the problem position. Not massively happy with either Barksley, Wilshere or Henderson there

Of course, Lallana should start. But he won't.
"Bu bu bu...I'll take him. He'll add that little bit extra. Bu bu I won't start him. He lacks experience."

Take Delph.

PowderedToast

Don't be a prick, Roy.

now this is a team

though even if this happened, we would still stink of hodgeball. how sad.

Chelsea has briefed the press.

Papers saying Mou is going to clear out his strikers in the summer.

Huh had not seen those quotes.

It is clear to everybody that Chelsea next year want to bring a striker,’ said Mourinho. What’s the future for the others? The ones who are staying are competing with the striker we are bringing in.

It is normal at the end of the season if players who are not playing a lot or players who are not happy and prefer a change will go. That is also part of the market.

We want to improve the team and the players and make some surgical movements in the transfer window. It is also clear we want to improve our players.

‘It feels like the end, that it is over,’ said Cahill. ‘It is massively disappointing and at the end of the game, it was a horrible feeling.’

Mourinho marched on to the pitch, making a beeline for Cahill and hauled him up, put an arm around him and told him to leave with his head held high.

‘I told him he was one of the guys who should not be on the floor,’ said Mourinho. ‘I told him he was one of the guys who should walk to the dressing room with pride, that he had another performance where he gave absolutely everything.

GOOD. Now fuck off for good Torres. Ba I can't be mad at, he does a decent job when he actually gets a chance I think, although also not good enough. Eto'o is 45 and can stay for cheap if he wants.

Suen

Arse-GAF we should get Keita, and develop him for the future. He's convinced me of becoming a future star, really. Also what happened to Griezmann to Arse rumors?

now this is a team

though even if this happened, we would still stink of hodgeball. how sad.

That lineup given a degree of freedom would hammer Cost Rica at least.

As it is, we'll strain to draws against Costa Rica and Uruguay, and be on the flight back to Heathrow before anyone even gets the chance to be kidnapped and held for ransom.

Yen

Is this a Muppet list of who you want but know you won't get, or a list of realistic targets?

Eh, realistic. LB, CB, CM, LW is what I think we should be after. Konopylanka would be good for the last position. After that, I'm stumped as to who we should get.

Edit: I'd love Kroos though he would be unrealistic. Still, we're more attractive than United now. Cheers Dave.

Elchele

Yes but you're already so far ahead of every other team in the league that it all seems wholly pointless.

It's like spending shitloads of money on special tires to put on your Lamborghini before a race against 17 Vauxhall Astras.

We got him for free m8
The board already said they will continue to "upgrade" the squad each year, so it doesn't end up like Barcelona with a bunch of old guys

Salvadora

Realistic Arsenal targets always come across as fantasy because we all know too well that we'll either go for some unknown 21 y.o forward playing in Ligue 2, or someone known but underwhelming relative to ambitions.

Arnie

Arnold, let's do it. Let's muppet. Who do you want in the summer?

Is this a Muppet list of who you want but know you won't get, or a list of realistic targets?

Who I want - that we can afford - and who might be persuaded to come to a title challenging, Rodgers ran Liverpool ahead of a year of Euro madness. NOTE, this list is in order of preference:

- Shaw (He's going somewhere, probably to Chelsea, but fucking throw money at him and use Flanno, Sterling and Hendo as the real reason he should be coming)
- Reus (Throw £50 million at him and make him the marquee FSG poster boy)
- Kroos (Just to fuck with United, who don't have a hope of getting him anyway)
- Victor Valdes (mad shout. Lunacy. But he's a good keeper and his distribution could add another dimension)

pulga

Banned
That lineup given a degree of freedom would hammer Cost Rica at least.

As it is, we'll strain to draws against Costa Rica and Uruguay, and be on the flight back to Heathrow before anyone even gets the chance to be kidnapped and held for ransom.

are you implying latin america is dangerous and full of criminals

wesmumei pls

Hixx

Weird how there's not been a big scorer in the Championship this season. Ross McCormack highest by far on 27.

Wonder who our top target will be when we get relegated
e5YuU.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom