• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT17| I'm Spartacus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suen

Shame you will lose to the fourth in the finale.
12-05-20-002-drogba-pen1.gif

For such a smart guy, Jonathon Blow seems like a right moron

From a glance at the first and last pages of a thread:

-Has a go at MS for dropping the price of Braid to $10
-Admits that the contract says that they have sole control over the price and sales, as publisher, and he didn't read it properly
-Turns out it's been $10 for nearly 4 years

Yen

I don't regret sacking Redknapp but I suppose replacing him with AVB has turned out to be a mistake. We haven't had a manager with real pedigree for some time, Redknapp, Ramos, AVB, Sherwood, not exactly managers of great repute. Where are they now? QPR, Dnipro, Zenit, that is their level.

LVG might be a stern taskmaster but he at least has some credibility unlike Ramos and AVB. The trouble is that if we did appoint him, he wouldn't be in place until after the WC so half the pre-season is gone. I still don't think this squad needs major surgery, it needs 2 or 3 good signings but there is a good core of quality players. Last season we all laughed at Joe Allen and co but look where they are now.
+1 for implying QPR and Zenit are on the same level.

For such a smart guy, Jonathon Blow seems like a right moron

From a glance at the first and last pages of a thread:

-Has a go at MS for dropping the price of Braid to $10
-Admits that the contract says that they have sole control over the price and sales, as publisher, and he didn't read it properly
-Turns out it's been $10 for nearly 4 years

Social medias making knee jerk reactions too easy to share nnit.

He's def not a moron, he was one of the greatest guests I've ever seen on GB when he was there during e3, could argue against a lot of the clearly BS the MS guys was trying to make everyone eat up. At least he was quick enough to say he was wrong here, and admit his tweet was dumb.

Suen

Jack pls, the other penalty decided everything in the end anyway. I'd prefer you winning the CL over Chelsea anyway because fuck Chelsea. But Bayern being the first to defend the CL trophy since '92? Fuck that, fuck Bayern.

PSG, Dortmund or Atletico pls win if Real Madrid lose.

Jack cw

Jack pls, the other penalty decided everything in the end anyway. I'd prefer you winning the CL over Chelsea anyway because fuck Chelsea. But Bayern being the first to defend the CL trophy since '92? Fuck that, fuck Bayern.

PSG, Dortmund or Atletico pls win if Real Madrid lose.
Hahaha, I agree with the Chelsea part. If Bayern doesnt win this then pls no Real or Chelsea win, because Football is offically dead then, again.

Jack cw

The none important penalty.

The other gave CL trophy and Hazard, not sure what more you could ask for.

For you maybe but we had a score to settle with Chelsea. That game was important for the way this season went. The team started trusting Pep, so yeah from a Bayern perspective it was one of the key matches. The pain isnt that big anymore. We redeemed ourselves in Wembley and I really hope we reach the final for the 4th time in 5 years. Preferably against Chelsea.

For you maybe but we had a score to settle with Chelsea. That game was important for the way this season went. The team started trusting Pep, so yeah from a Bayern perspective it was one of the key matches. The pain isnt that big anymore. We redeemed ourselves in Wembley and I really hope we reach the final for the 4th time in 5 years. Preferably against Chelsea.

It's the Supercup :s

Any importance to it is in your head unless there's some massive disparity between the way it's viewed in England and the way it's viewed in Germany

PL>CL>FA Cup> League Cup>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Supercup>Community Shield>Friendly Cups

Jack cw

It's the Supercup :s

Hitch pls. I couldnt care less about that cup. This was basically a pre season match against the team we lost the CL final a year before and the matches so far under Pep were not that convincing and this was a real test for us. Regardless of the non importance it was Mou vs. Pep and we had a moment of success with the new tactics. From that game on the Pep Bayern started to dominate.

confuziz

Banned
Someone is too thick to realize I loved TLOU, huh.

Infamous is shit. Where's Mr. Cola to back me up?

I think you are literally the only sane person on earth who claims infamous is not a good game. It may not be the best or even in someone's top 10, but it is still a very good and fun game.

I think you are literally the only sane person on earth who claims infamous is not a good game. It may not be the best or even in someone's top 10, but it is still a very good and fun game.

Mr. Cola hates it too. Why? Because we are men of taste.

and the hat is even dumber than the game.

Havent played it. Whats so shitty about it?

Well my original argument that Confuziz is still hurt enough about, to bring up constantly was about the original infamous, but on that : open world game that would have been better in another genre. The world feels empty, the main gameplay mechanics are just not fun, the story is... Well it's not worse than most video games stories, but it's certainly nothing to motivate you to play and the game is damn ugly (one thing that ss at least fixed)... all added in with extremely silly black and white moral choices (do you want to help this guy? Or do you want to murder him for lulz?)

ofcourse it doesn't, it's his logic not mine.

No it's not. I never argued that you thick fuck, stop with the strawmen arguments.

Jack cw

How do I use the Cracked Red Eye orb in DS2? Wanna invade someone to unlock an NPC
From the wiki:
Used to invade the worlds of other players as a red phantom. Must be in human form and not in Majula to use Cracked Red Eye Orb. Please do note that their is a 10 minute time limit to kill the invaded player, or the red phantom will be sent back to their own world.

If used in the Dark Chasm of the Old the Invader will spawn as an Abyss Phantom and can act like the host [the NPC's are also hostile].
If the host dies then the invader receives 1 Bonfire Ascetic.
Well my original argument that Confuziz is still hurt enough about, to bring up constantly was about the original infamous, but on that : open world game that would have been better in another genre. The world feels empty, the main gameplay mechanics are just not fun, the story is... Well it's not worse than most video games stories, but it's certainly nothing to motivate you to play and the game is damn ugly (one thing that ss at least fixed).
Hmm, I liked the first two games, but isnt my favourite series. I guess it has the same flaws like its predecessors. I wouldnt call it shit, the series is actually pretty solid tbh.

confuziz

Banned
From the wiki:

Hmm, I liked the first two games, but isnt my favourite series. I guess it has the same flaws like its predecessors. I wouldnt call it shit, the series is actually pretty solid tbh.

Ofcourse it's not shit.

Duke nukem forever is shit

There is nothing in between for him. It's either a gift from god or it's shit. This is typical gaming GAF behavior though.

Ofcourse it's not shit.

Duke nukem forever is shit

There is nothing in between for him. It's either a gift from god or it's shit.

Yet again statements pulled out of your ass. Quite a few falls into the category for me that i've played lately, like shadowrun expansion, the novelist, alan wake dlc and TWD S2. I seriously can't believe you're a teacher, you're arguing against points I've never made and down right make up stuff, all while you keep being visible hurt about me not liking a game lol

Feorax

@SkySportsAmy: New @SouthamptonFC board say they've inherited a "difficult financial situation". £7.1m net losses. Owe £27m in outstanding transfer fees

Well that doesn't sound promising. (Edit: although Shaw's sale alone will probably cover most of that.)

Also, £90 for the England top? Get fucked.

Razor554

Official: Valdes' knee surgery in Germany this morning went well, he will have to recover for 7 months.

Wonder if he will stay one more season to recover fully from this injury.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Rafa on Chelsea and Liverpool

Benitez snapped at Jose Mourinho this week and was asked what he felt seeing Chelsea lose to Crystal Palace with Liverpool top of the Premier League table.

“Chelsea? Nothing. My family is at Liverpool and my friends, but at the moment I have to focus on Napoli. The atmosphere and the fans are very similar. The big difference is that the stands are closer to the pitch and the players really feel that passion.”

Conte on Mourinho

Conte was also asked about Jose Mourinho’s comments this week, in which the Chelsea manager said Juventus could not consider it a success to win the Europa League when they were constructed to win the Champions League.

“Mourinho was not talking about Juventus. He discussed Porto, Benfica and Napoli, so I think he was trying to make what Benitez did winning the Europa League last season with Chelsea seem less impressive. His real target was Benitez.”

and Conte finally commenting on Rafa's ridiculous statement

“It certainly wasn’t a good first half performance, in terms of approach, character or anything,” the Coach told Sky Sport Italia after a 2-0 defeat at the Stadio San Paolo.

“Napoli played a very good first half and we paid the price for the fact we’ve got such a packed fixture list and the injury emergency means the same players have to play all the time.

“We were facing a Napoli side that was built to win and not to take part. After all, a club that spends more than €100m on the transfer market cannot be happy just to take part.”

It was a reference to Benitez repeatedly pointing out Juve have to be favourites thanks to their revenue, which is much higher than any of the other Serie A clubs.

“The revenue issue is one of opinion. You can make €500m revenue, but it depends on how much you invest in the squad. Napoli spent more in one year than Juventus have in three,” continued Conte.

“We paid out €25m, but covered that expenditure with sales like Emanuele Giaccherini. I hope Benitez will stop saying this or at least check his calculations. It’s important to say the truth and not just spreading stories that have no real basis in fact.

“The numbers are there, you can look at them. Juventus spent €25m on the transfer market this summer and Napoli spent €100m in order to go out of the Champions League in the group phase and the Europa League in the Round of 16.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL Conte shut up please

confuziz

Banned
Yet again statements pulled out of your ass. Quite a few falls into the category for me that i've played lately, like shadowrun expansion, the novelist, alan wake dlc and TWD S2. I seriously can't believe you're a teacher, you're arguing against points I've never made and down right make up stuff, all while you keep being visible hurt about me not liking a game lol

I'm not hurt. I just think you are way too pessimistic when you talk about games (pretty easy to tell when there is a post from you in every gaming thread in existence). You expect perfection while it's not always realistic. If you don't expect it, you can enjoy things more.

But hey, if you want to roll that way, then so be it.

I'm not hurt. I just think you are way too pessimistic when you talk about games (pretty easy to tell when there is a post from you in every gaming thread in existence). You expect perfection while it's not always realistic. If you don't expect it, you can enjoy things more.

But hey, if you want to roll that way, then so be it.

Expect perfection, yet play something as buggy and often fucked up as fifa (and constantly defending bioshock infinite despite its obvious flaws in here).

Yeah....

Fuck off, you're really pulling stuff out of your ass and have nothing but strawman arguments to counter my posts with.

WJD

Infamous 1 was okay
Infamous 2 was really good (fuck you wooden)
Second Son so far is enjoyable, but I'm not have as much fun with it as I did with 2. Yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom