• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT17| I'm Spartacus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zabojnik

So Stannis is supposed to be a billion times more awesome in the books than in the show? Cos all I see is a guy who's hyped up by the other characters, a bit of a nutter but otherwise a total flid.

Nah, he's not a billion times better. In the books, there are kinda these two different Stannises. The rigid, boring & uncharismatic one, as percieved by the common folk and people who don't know him very well or at all; and the much more complex Stannis, the one you get to know mostly through Davos & his dialogs and interactions with Stannis. That's not so say that Stannis isn't in fact rigid, boring and one-dimensional. He certainly can be. But he's also so much more, which the books do a fine job of portraying. The show doesn't. At all. The books' Stannis is someone you kind of could get behind. With a lot of reservations, admittedly, but still. The show's Stannis you generally don't give a shit about.

I'm 4-5 episodes in to season 1 and it's already a tiring formula. Does POI get better?

I keep watching it and while it's not a bad show by any means, it just doesn't seem to click with me. Maybe it's the ridiculous premise, which in my opinion hasn't gotten any less ridiculous over the seasons, maybe it's the writing, which I find servicable at best, maybe it's the characters. I like Finch and that's about it. Reese seemed like an interesting character, but his schtick got old very quickly.

Linius

There's nothing about Reese, he's just muscles and a total badass. That's fine by me. PoI isn't the kind of show you watch for brilliant writing like Mad Men or True Detective though the plot is very interesting to follow. It's just good entertainment and an above average network show.

Blablurn

welcome to munich, robert

5,w=650,c=0.bild.jpg

Zabojnik

There's nothing about Reese, he's just muscles and a total badass. That's fine by me. PoI isn't the kind of show you watch for brilliant writing like Mad Men or True Detective though the plot is very interesting to follow. It's just good entertainment and an above average network show.

I agree with this poster.

Clegg

I'm posting from a tablet and I've just noticed that for whatever reason, I'm assuming April Fools, I can translate posts to emoji. I now want to die.

raiot

This is really getting annoying. Really.

And it's probably the last time I will comment on it. I'm not sure what picture you guys have of me but I'm sure that I havent changed much. I don't insult people. I just make some random stuff here and there which is still related to the sports of football. I guess the fact that i do post my stuff throughout the day and not at night changes the perspective for some. I don't insult people and to be honest, I like the people here. I don't have anything against Lambda, Wilbur or even Pulga (even if some discussions come up from time to time but thats what we're here for anyway, right).

And let's face it: Many people write stupid stuff here. Often. And that includes me too. But I don't get why people keep saying I have changed from a good poster to a bad poster lol.

When I look back at the old threads (where many of you guys weren't there) I see a Blablurn who only spammed BAAAAYEEERN and didnt care about the other teams. I didnt care about EPL or the other leagues. The only thing that has changed is my general interest for european football. And this happened due to this thread :)

So, sorry, if you don't like my random stuff here and there but it's surely not like I go for it 24/7. I think I had enough normal discussions in this thread already and I surely don't need to prove that I'm not a troll haha. Oh my.

Anyway, I think I even changed in the last years. I doubt old Blablurn would have enjoyed Milchmonsters posts so much as I do now :p

If you don't like my posts, put me on the ignore list. But guys pls, stop writing I was a better poster in the past :D No idea who came up with that idea.

Hi!
I've only posted in this thread about 2-3 times, but I'm a long term lurker... I read this thread every day for about 2 years.
Your posts have really changed, but for the good!

WJD

Running off that poll on RedCafe's site... Where do we think would Fergie have United this season? I genuinely think we'd be 1st/2nd, even considering the injuries and ageing players.

Fergie

Banned
Running off that poll on RedCafe's site... Where do we think would Fergie have United this season? I genuinely think we'd be 1st/2nd, even considering the injuries and ageing players.
Definitely top 3. He's had worse teams than this.

He would have also probably bought more wingers. Or who knows, bought a CM.

Wilbur

Banned

We'd be fourth at the worst, but very close in points to the three above us. Definitely would have capitalised on City's and Chelsea's slip ups at times.

Haha, I'm afraid you'll lose this harder than Buttner :D

Probably :lol

On my way now. Gotta get a train to Victoria, then tube to Euston, then train to Manchester and then work out the tram stops to get to the hotel

And then jerk off

Then shower

Then jerk off

Then match time baby

In the past 4 years, Fergie has only lost the league by 1 point and goal difference. He would have United top 3 at least.

subtles

If you take into account the amount of money Moyes spent it would be hard to argue otherwise.

Wilbur

Banned
Some people have bizarre views of United this season.

My dad keeps going to me "well hopefully you win" and then I say I'm more likely to come home pregnant

And then my mum says "well hopefully you play well at least" and I say the same thing

WJD

My dad keeps going to me "well hopefully you win" and then I say I'm more likely to come home pregnant

And then my mum says "well hopefully you play well at least" and I say the same thing

i want to meet your mum and dad

mainly your mum

but your dad sounds cool too

Jack cw

Probably :lol

On my way now. Gotta get a train to Victoria, then tube to Euston, then train to Manchester and then work out the tram stops to get to the hotel

And then jerk off

Then shower

Then jerk off

Then match time baby
Damn. You know what they say about sex before a match.
is it because of time constraints? joke posters? wilbur?
Bayern Fans. And your avatar.
I'm predicting 3-0 to Bayern today. 4-0 in Munich.

So you're saying that United is as good as last years Barcelona? :D

raiot

No not because of bayern fans... I'm a bayern fan as well! (since 25 years?) ;)

Most of the time because of time restraints, I don't have the time to reread 20-30 pages a day, I follow it through the day. I only read the last 5-10 pages on big match days.

I think the joke posts and meltdowns make this thread so interesting. You all support your team and beside of the rivalry you all love football, it's really funny to read!

Fourth at worst, especially considering the transfers he was rumoured to be looking at before Moyes came in.

FootballFan

This is really getting annoying. Really.

And it's probably the last time I will comment on it. I'm not sure what picture you guys have of me but I'm sure that I havent changed much. I don't insult people. I just make some random stuff here and there which is still related to the sports of football. I guess the fact that i do post my stuff throughout the day and not at night changes the perspective for some. I don't insult people and to be honest, I like the people here. I don't have anything against Lambda, Wilbur or even Pulga (even if some discussions come up from time to time but thats what we're here for anyway, right).

And let's face it: Many people write stupid stuff here. Often. And that includes me too. But I don't get why people keep saying I have changed from a good poster to a bad poster lol.

When I look back at the old threads (where many of you guys weren't there) I see a Blablurn who only spammed BAAAAYEEERN and didnt care about the other teams. I didnt care about EPL or the other leagues. The only thing that has changed is my general interest for european football. And this happened due to this thread :)

So, sorry, if you don't like my random stuff here and there but it's surely not like I go for it 24/7. I think I had enough normal discussions in this thread already and I surely don't need to prove that I'm not a troll haha. Oh my.

Anyway, I think I even changed in the last years. I doubt old Blablurn would have enjoyed Milchmonsters posts so much as I do now :p

If you don't like my posts, put me on the ignore list. But guys pls, stop writing I was a better poster in the past :D No idea who came up with that idea.

Don't even pay attention to it.

Who is he or anyone in here to tell you are a bad poster. They can put you on ignore or just scroll past your comment if they don't like it. I do it with doicare and kiraly(hasn't posted since clasico lol).

To me, you are the same since I started lurking here. You post less about MGS but other than that, same Bla.

Eternity Awaits. <3

Clegg

Don't even pay attention to it.

Who is he or anyone in here to tell you are a bad poster. They can put you on ignore or just scroll past your comment if they don't like it. I do it with doicare and kiraly(hasn't posted since clasico lol).

To me, you are the same since I started lurking here. You post less about MGS but other than that, same Bla.

Eternity Awaits. <3
Jesus fuck

Wilbur

Banned
I think Blablurn's been fine recently. It's knowingly self aware as opposed to seeming like he's just being dismissive of others. All the other team stuff towards Bayern was funny but veered into rudeness as opposed to joking too many times.

Now all the stuff with the lion just tickles me. Love dat Bla. Eternity awaits.

Fuck Bayern tho

FootballFan

Most of the time because of time restraints, I don't have the time to reread 20-30 pages a day, I follow it through the day. I only read the last 5-10 pages on big match days.

I think the joke posts and meltdowns make this thread so interesting. You all support your team and beside of the rivalry you all love football, it's really funny to read!

Lol. Good to see people who don't post enjoy the thread.

Your welcome to post if you are reading this. Just keep lurking if you support Real Madrid. Thanks!

How is Mac's dad not Jack from Breaking Bad

574487.jpg

Great episode that one.

spidye

holy shit a new bayern fan

please stay for what will be a glorious day.

subtles

I assume everyone scrolls past my posts. :lol

I don't have any problems with any posters except for the obvious troll.

--------------

I genuinely hope United win the game. Not because I want Moyes to stay any longer or for any misguided love for that god forsaken club.

I just think tonight would be amazing if the club everyone writes off actually manages a positive result and makes the return leg more interesting.

Reading the synopsis of the entirety of HIMYM on wikipedia.

From season 1 alone, Ted pretends to have broken up with his girlfriend just so he can fuck Robin, and Lily breaks up with Marshall just because she's not sure if she's missed any oppurtunities because of their relationship.

And I'm supposed to like these cunts?

Clegg

Reading the synopsis of the entirety of HIMYM on wikipedia.

From season 1 alone, Ted pretends to have broken up with his girlfriend just so he can fuck Robin, and Lily breaks up with Marshall just because she's not sure if she's missed any oppurtunities because of their relationship.

And I'm supposed to like these cunts?
I never did.

Marshall was the only semi likeable character. Then he was ruined too.

Wilbur

Banned
Yeah every character in the show apart from Jason Segel is an unlikeable fucking ape. And he's just boring.

The main cast of Friends were all dickheads a lot of the time, but they had chemistry, and the writing and performances were strong enough so that you did believe they all cared for each other.

HIMYM is just callbacks and much too involved with its plotting. Fuck Ted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom