• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT17| I'm Spartacus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
I think Jacob Steinburg has lost his mind on twitter.

"He says it's nothing to do with race but I don't believe him"

It's probably because you're so completely biased in Spurs' favour, Jacob.

Don't even give a shit if he does support them, Steinberg's name is one I recognise as being pro-Spurs.

Meier

Well, I see they're saying only a sprained knee for RVP so that's fortunate for the Netherlands at least.

I always find that injury table a little questionable. Nani has been "injured" for two years but it's more like he's in the dog house and just not being played. They probably list him as injured for insurance purposes IMO.

Bacon, Confuziuz, Linius, Other Dutchies

What bandwagon you jumping on for the World Cup now that RVP and Strootman are dead? I love Arjen, but he can't carry this team all by himself.

For me it's :

1. Netherlands
2. USA (Half American, so I have to)
3. Ivory Coast (Didier Drogba and Yaya)

After that it can all burn down. Just hope that Belgium, Germany or Spain don't win it.
France and Italy.

Well get outshined by England. Disgraceful.

wedward

Well, I see they're saying only a sprained knee for RVP so that's fortunate for the Netherlands at least.

I always find that injury table a little questionable. Nani has been "injured" for two years but it's more like he's in the dog house and just not being played. They probably list him as injured for insurance purposes IMO.

If he were in the dog house and not actually injured he would probably still be training.

justjohn

I find it strange that the arsenal medical team haven't been sacked yet. Then again their manager hasn't been sacked despite being shit for years. They really do prize incompetence at the emirates don't they?

wedward

I find it strange that the arsenal medical team haven't been sacked yet. Then again their manager hasn't been sacked despite being shit for years. They really do prize incompetence at the emirates don't they?

Can't really blame the medical staff when it's the manager who is overplaying the players.

They are overplayed because we have a thin squad.

We have a thin squad because it's too expensive to have a deep squad.

It's too expensive because Chelsea wipe their ass with money.

So, yeah. Like all things, it's Chelsea's fault.

Splatt

1948036_10152421726642573_2065063736_n.jpg

He won Manager of the Decade.

Really?

Didn't know that...

Mastadon

Banned
"He says it's nothing to do with race but I don't believe him"

It's probably because you're so completely biased in Spurs' favour, Jacob.

Don't even give a shit if he does support them, Steinberg's name is one I recognise as being pro-Spurs.

omg he tweeted u im so jel

Meier

If he were in the dog house and not actually injured he would probably still be training.

Could be. Hard to argue he's injured if he's training though. If he is, I'm sure they can just right off his wages and have their insurance company (who just might be Aon...) pay. How has he been injured more or less for 2 seasons with no one having any clue essentially what's wrong with him?

Hixx

John Bishop, Nick Grimshaw and Patrick Kielty.

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME

THEY ARE ALL IN THE SAME PLACE! SOMEONE TAKE ONE FOR HUMANITY

All these lovely things said about Wenger today :')

Even with all his faults, I would not swap him for anyone else. The man oozes loyalty and class. He IS Arsenal. I hope he wins a trophy this season, it will shut up most of his haters ;)

doicare

I want to cry.

Get it the fuck together Arsenal.

We'd still be top.

Also, if Diaby were healthy he would play. He played last season.
Nope. Arsenal's first choice team is:

--------------------Szczesny--------------------

Sagna--Koscielny--Mertesacker--Gibbs

--------------Ramsey----Arteta----------------

Walcott-------------Özil--------------Cazorla

----------------------Giroud-----------------------

Number of games missed through injury:
Szczesny - 0
Sagna - 3
Koscielny - 2
Mertesacker - 2
Gibbs - 4
Ramsey - 12
Arteta - 4
Walcott - 16
Özil - 5
Cazorla - 5
Giroud - 1
total - 54

Manchester United's first choice team is:

-----------------------De Gea----------------------

Rafael--------Vidic--------Evans---------Evra

--------------Carrick------Fellaini----------------

Mata--------------Rooney--------------Januzaj

-------------------Van Persie---------------------

De Gea - 0
Rafael - 13
Vidic - 7
Evans - 10
Evra - 1
Carrick - 8
Fellaini - 15
Mata - 0 (being extra generous here as he was only bought in January)
Rooney - 4
Januzaj - 2
Van Persie - 11
total - 71

Scum

All these lovely things said about Wenger today :')

Even with all his faults, I would not swap him for anyone else. The man oozes loyalty and class. He IS Arsenal. I hope he wins a trophy this season, it will shut up most of his haters ;)
He will. Then he'll show that loyalty by running off to Barca or PSG.

wedward

Nope. Arsenal's first choice team is:

--------------------Szczesny--------------------

Sagna--Koscielny--Mertesacker--Gibbs

--------------Ramsey----Arteta----------------

Walcott-------------Özil--------------Cazorla

----------------------Giroud-----------------------

Szczesny - 0
Sagna - 3
Koscielny - 2
Mertesacker - 2
Gibbs - 4
Ramsey - 12
Arteta - 4
Walcott - 16
Özil - 5
Cazorla - 5
Giroud - 1
total - 54

Manchester United's first choice team is:

-----------------------De Gea----------------------

Rafael--------Vidic--------Evans---------Evra

--------------Carrick------Fellaini----------------

Mata--------------Rooney--------------Januzaj

-------------------Van Persie---------------------

De Gea - 0
Rafael - 13
Vidic - 7
Evans - 10
Evra - 1
Carrick - 8
Fellaini - 15
Mata - 0 (being extra generous here as he was only bought in January)
Rooney - 4
Januzaj - 2
Van Persie - 11
total - 71

That list is weeks. You are counting games.

You are also assuming that that starting 11 would start every game if healthy.

faridmon

Well, the original ticket is £25. I was dabbling to go, but for that price, I rather go to svereal other smaller gigs within the month (which I have planned by the way)

But out of no where, someone I am acquainted with said that he had an extra ticket and was thinking of selling it for £15. Me, wanting to go to there if it wasn't for the steep price, jumped immediately to buy it, until last minute he said that his friend have actually fucked it up and the ticket is no more.

I really don't understand, maybe they got as a deal or whatever, but how can you fuck an E-ticket?

Now, I am at hope scrolling through Amazon Instant to see what movie to watch :(

Meh, I am going to see Jhonny Foreigner tomorrow, Four Tet next Saturday and Klaxon on the 31st. my gig plans haven't slowed down because of this[

doicare

That list is weeks. You are counting games.

You are also assuming that that starting 11 would start every game if healthy.
I know, games missed is more important than weeks missed and the vast majority of the time the same starting 11 would start.

wedward

I know, games missed is more important than weeks missed and the vast majority of the time the same starting 11 would start.

Nah, Jack and Ox would play. Ox missed 3 months and Jack is about to miss the rest of the season.

Podolski and Rosicky also missed a good amount of games.

Also doesn't really matter how our injuries stack up to United's. You guys wouldn't even be competitive if you were healthy.

Would you not at least agree that players like Van Persie don't really count since injuries have plagued his career outside of 11/12 and 12/13? Its not bad luck when you sign an injury-prone player, and he gets injured

FootballFan

^gab dat to me mug m8

Would you not at least agree that players like Van Persie don't really count since injuries have plagued his career outside of 11/12 and 12/13? Its not bad luck when you sign an injury-prone player, and he gets injured

Then Arsenal's whole team should not count since they are all injury prone.

doicare

Nah, Jack and Ox would play. Ox missed 3 months and Jack is about to miss the rest of the season.

Podolski and Rosicky also missed a good amount of games.

Also doesn't really matter how our injuries stack up to United's. You guys wouldn't even be competitive if you were healthy.
Those players you mentioned are squad players, for every Arsenal squad player you can mention, United have had a squad player out injured for just as long or longer. Fletcher 17 games, Nani 17 games, Ferdinand 15 games, Jones 10 games, Hernández 9 games, Young 8 games..... i could go on.
For the previous 2 seasons he hasn't been injury prone tho, last season he didn't miss a single game!

wedward

Those players you mentioned are squad players, for every Arsenal squad player you can mention, United have had a squad player out injured for just as long or longer. Fletcher 17 games, Nani 17 games, Ferdinand 15 games, Jones 10 games, Hernández 9 games, Young 8 games..... i could go on.

For the previous 2 seasons he hasn't been injury prone tho, last season he didn't miss a single game!

Ok, i'm still not seeing your point. The list said we were top. You said take out the players who never play and I said if we take out Diaby we are still top. That is true. Diaby didn't miss 67 weeks.

You also aren't factoring in when the players are injured. Having Jack and Ramsey out at the same time is obviously more damaging than having them out at different times. Missing Ozil, Ramsey, Jack and Theo out at the same is the issue.

If you want to change the argument that is fine.

Man United have had a lot of injuries. Lots of injuries don't put a title winning team into 7th place and potentially 21 points off the top.

arkon

It depends how they get injured. We need a detailed analysis of careers to date, delineating the types of injuries i.e. during a game or crazy Banega-style injuries.

doicare

Ok, i'm still not seeing your point. The list said we were top. You said take out the players who never play and I said if we take out Diaby we are still top. That is true. Diaby didn't miss 67 weeks.

You also aren't factoring in when the players are injured. Having Jack and Ramsey out at the same time is obviously more damaging than having them out at different times. Missing Ozil, Ramsey, Jack and Theo out at the same is the issue.

If you want to change the argument that is fine.

Man United have had a lot of injuries. Lots of injuries don't put a title winning team into 7th place and potentially 21 points off the top.
I don't think you've understood what i've said, counting first choice team players and squad/bench players United have had more injuries than Arsenal. The only way Arsenal have had more injures than United is if you count reserve players who never would have played anyway.

When players have been injured has been factored in as well which again has been worse for United, multiple injuries at the same time have occurred in central defense, rightback and central midfield.

Injuries aren't the only reason United have suffered this season but they are one of the biggest.

$10 that ManUtd score first but still lose.

£100 that Man Utd don't score at all over both legs

Any of you guys ever been to a funeral where you feel like some of the people are there for the sake of it and for the free food/booze, and don't actually give a fuck about the person who's died?

Meier

Going to see Ellie Goulding by myself tomorrow night since my wife can't stand her. I don't know how many straight guys will be there by themselves, but I'd imagine it'll be a small number.

faridmon

Going to see Ellie Goulding by myself tomorrow night since my wife can't stand her. I don't know how many straight guys will be there by themselves, but I'd imagine it'll be a small number.

Ahh, you might watch the show with bunch of screaming teenagers that might drive you mad and deaf. Went to King Charles gig, oh man, the girls there were just being obnoxious.

ShogunX

Injuries aren't the only reason United have suffered this season but they are one of the biggest.

The biggest reason Man Utd find themselves in mid table is because of David Moyes. From his poor tactical knowledge, average game management and his massive focus on physical training it's all come together to form a bit of mess.

The fact that Man Utd have gone from the Dutch style training regime of technical training to one with a heavy focus on conditioning will of no doubt had an impact on the fitness of the players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom