• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT17| I'm Spartacus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Butter reminds me of that kid who you put at left back but in his mind he is a skillful winger who needs to do stepovers

dc89

@SkyNewsBreak
Prof Game Match Officials Ltd: Andre Marriner "expresses his disappointment to Arsenal" for sending off wrong player during game at Chelsea

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
@SkyNewsBreak
Prof Game Match Officials Ltd: Andre Marriner "expresses his disappointment to Arsenal" for sending off wrong player during game at Chelsea
I'm just glad for him no once has made a race thing of It, then again we haven't seen the back page of the mail yet

Wilbur

Banned
Moyes has got the defensive tactics spot-on today tbf. Something for us to look at with Upton Park coming up perhaps?

I'm glad that if we did have to play centre mids as defenders, there was one as intelligent as Carrick. He's dealt with everything admirably today.

Fellaini everywhere too. Pls sane man pls bearded genius pls laboured subterfuge pls suck on my scrote and my asshole

Mastadon

Banned
I'm just glad for him no once has made a race thing of It, then again we haven't seen the back page of the mail yet

Barney Ronay skirted around it in his Guardian piece.

First, there was the obvious case of mistaken identity, Marriner incorrectly identifying Gibbs as the player diving to palm away Eden Hazard's shot on the Arsenal goalline. Then, more distantly, comes the issue of whether it was actually a correct incorrect red card in the first place. With Hazard's shot drifting wide, technically no immediate goalscoring opportunity was denied, although there is a sympathy tick for Marriner who based a marginal call on the clear intention of the imagined Gibbs/Oxlade-Chamberlain hybrid to prevent a goalscoring opportunity Then, of course, there is the fact Marriner mistook one mixed race player for another. Not two players who were both blocking the ball, or even two players who look particularly alike beyond similarities in skin tone and hairstyle. There is a horrible piece of timing here: all week the FA has been publicising its new anti-racism drive with the tweet "Have you been a victim of discrimination in football? If you have, #ReportIt".

Wilbur

Banned
Me and my gf are having Happy Meal's for tea on Tuesday. Not even kidding, I need dem Mario toys.

I am 25 years old. Help me.

:lol sounds fine to me

I've actually got work 6-10, but gonna try and get it switched to a Monday or Wednesday shift. I needs it, I needs to see us suffer.

Carrick's been great today. Credit to Jones too.

Mr Cola

Do you imagine they have scientists analysing youngs performances at Utd HQ who go through footage agonisingly trying to fid where he did something good?

Well I assume he and Shinji won't be starting Tuesday

iRSZDuOXVlvqm.gif

Bring on Adnan

Wilbur

Banned
Shitty cross, but Shinji's been really good this second half. Would love to see him play more.

I wish just one of he, Mata and Adnan were as competent at defending as Hazard's come to be, because then we could start all three of them without shit like Liverpool happening ;_:

K1LLER7

Shitty cross, but Shinji's been really good this second half. Would love to see him play more.

I wish just one of he, Mata and Adnan were as competent at defending as Hazard's come to be, because then we could start all three of them without shit like Liverpool happening ;_:
Adnan can still learn.

Shinji isn't half bad at tracking back.

Mata not very good a defending.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom