• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT17| I'm Spartacus

Status
Not open for further replies.
kololololhluj4.gif
Wat. That's pretty crazy given how poor this season has been.

TrueBlue

Chelsea's run in is so easy. I'd say ours is the second easiest. Everton away will be a tough match for City and Arsenal.

Not necessarily. A lot of the teams we have to play might be in the relegation scrap by the time the games roll around. Those are never easy, plus we have to play you guys at Anfield.

Chelsea has a habit of fucking up against some real shit teams though, wouldn't surprise me if Palace and Swansea away causes way more trouble than they should.

This too.

Wilbur

Banned
if you think about the spirit of soccer it is not about who scores but about the team enjoying each other company with joy

if we beat man city on tuesday i will forgive nd erase MOYES ALL HIS SINS

my new harry potter spell: Kagawus fantasticus!! ()()

Chim chim-in-ey, chim chim-in-ey
Chim chim cheroo
Rooney from FIFTY And Rooney from TWO

Wilbur

Banned
Hope Moyes learns the right lessons from today and doesn't completely capitulate against City.

I suspect we'll see

DDG; Raf, Rio, Jones, Evra; Carrick, Fellaini; Valencia, Mata, Welbeck; Rooney

Which I'm okay with. Would rather Shinji over Valencia but that isn't gonna happen.

We'll still lose.

Wilbur

Banned
and if Daniel Braaten scores the winner against Bayern in next years CL finale for Copenhagen, I will forgive him for being utter shit.

That's not going to happen either though.

I hope you know this wasn't me that said this

it does sound like something i would say though

Clegg

Shame Mata can't play in the CL as we actually play some pretty good football when he's in his preferred position. Also hope that we'll see him as the 10 over the next few weeks too. He his the vision to operate there unlike Rooney who is more of a bulldozer.

Thought Kagawa was just ok. He aided the team in attempts to quicken our build up, but his individual moments were a bit lacklustre.

Shame Mata can't play in the CL as we actually play some pretty good football when he's in his preferred position. Also hope that we'll see him as the 10 over the next few weeks too. He his the vision to operate there unlike Rooney who is more of a bulldozer.

Thought Kagawa was just ok. He aided the team in attempts to quicken our build up, but his individual moments were a bit lacklustre.

When RVP is back, Mata will be right back on his wing. Can't wait.

Some folks idiocy knows no bounds.

When your teams gets wanked on all the muppets really do come out to play it seems.

I enjoyed the comment by the commentator against Southampton a few weeks ago where he had a go at someone who called in after the Hull defeat and said Rodgers had to go and didn't have a clue.

Clegg

Not like you can do anything of worth for this season either way.

It's interesting to see what Moyes will do though, not like Rooney is going anywhere with his new contract.
If Mata impresses behind the striker, which he hopefully will coz he's class, than Moyes will defo have some decisions to make in the summer.

Right now I think what United fans want most is to see the team play some good football again.

Clegg

Mata's first touch take down from De Gea's kick kind of showed how his qualities differ to Rooney's in the number 10 role. One is subtle in his play while the other doesn't know the meaning of the word finesse.

K1LLER7

Where you can't play Mata anyway.
ibg1yxwimtZgdv.png

They.... Can't. :(
He can come dressed in his kit and take Young's CL winners medal :p

-----

Thought Fletcher was great today. Although he doesn't have the same range of passing as Carrick has, he's constantly trying to play it into the more creative players. Not so many sideways passes and it looks like he's under less pressure on the ball too. Definitely helps the midfield play.

Arnie

Still dehydrated from last night.

Grabbed a chilled can of Fanta Fruit Twist from the fridge.

Finished in three goes, in under 60 seconds.

Operation Lloyd Grossman is now in full effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom