• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT17| I'm Spartacus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fergie

Banned
This makeshift defence has surprised me, I'll say that. Surprisingly solid.

Fellaini has been good, been all over the pitch. Can't just take it off him.

Wherever it is I hope we get a little money for him, need that war chest nice and big
You'll get a decent amount, he's a good player. Just hasn't worked out for him.

Wouldn't mind us signing him actually...but we have too many players in that position already.

Wilbur

Banned
Rooney is now United's third all-time top scorer.

38 more until top.

steve-carrell-office.gif

Carbonox

Newcastle winning courtesy of a 93rd or whatever minute Cisse goal? Where I have seen that before...

Glad we got the win though.

Wilbur

Banned
Really quite happy with that. As we've seen time and time again with Moyessiah, it's always one step forward two steps back, but if this is to be a false dawn at least I enjoyed it. Nice interplay, Shinji + Mata, Fellaini everywhere, Carrick assured at centre back...

im having a good evening

West Ham were terrible but that was pretty damn comfortable.

Fellaini was fantastic, Fletcher too. Everyone played pretty well except for... Ashley Young, fucking useless.

Clegg

That was actually half decent. Played with purpose and a good tempo. Defended well for the mist part and played some decent gfootball with Mata behind the striker. The only complaint one could have is that we didn't really press home our superiority. The final ball was lacking today

A 0-2 win away from home is nothing to be sniffed at though.

Fergie

Banned
Solid display. Hopefully they keep this up.
But with City next, it's probably back to being depressed soon enough. #YOLO

BjWsmD6CIAECGdU.png

Some pleasantly different things were happening today:

1. Defended with intelligence - understood the threats and looked actually prepared on how to deal with them.

2. Players understood their roles in both defence, transition and attack - this has been massively missing this season, our players looked like they moved around the pitch with purpose. When your team gets this right it even mitigates the performances of your shit players.

3. Fellaini and Fletcher - not perfect performances but they did everything that was needed up and down the pitch. Controlled things well.

4. Rooney, Mata and Kagawa - so much better in terms of fluency and decision making.

5. Counter attacking - more of that please.

Holy shit, Chelsea got the easiest. If we dont trip and beat them, we can win the league.

Chelsea has a habit of fucking up against some real shit teams though, wouldn't surprise me if Palace and Swansea away causes way more trouble than they should.

Barzul

Chelsea are going to win it.

And will probably win it next year also. Mourhino's second year with a team is scary.

Yeah looking at that list, I think Chelsea will win it. City will drop points against one of Arsenal, Liverpool, Everton and United.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom