• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT17| I'm Spartacus

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTWheels

Now that is a difficult question

The areas we most need reinforcements in are not the areas you'd normally have dream signings for. Leftback, centreback, defensive midfielder

Shaqiri/Konoplyanka would be a very good signing for depth as much as anything, but I'm not sure they'd be a season-changer

I don't think it's worth buying a DM. I would rather see Brendan bring through Cody. He is supposedly doing extremely well in his loan to Sheffield United. Brining in another DM would be another player ahead of his progression. We already have Lucas as our 'backup DM'.

I agree with fullback, centre back. I would like to see a top quality attacking midfielder as all our AMs are young and inconsistent. (Coutinho, Suso, Alberto). We could do with another winger as well as we won't be keeping Moses.

Yen

who would be pools dream target? a realistic dream target though.
Well I guess a big name midfielder would be one. A box-to-box midfielder would be good, someone with dynamism would help. We were linked with Rakitic a while back, don't think I've ever seen him play. I suspect we could sell/loan Alberto and sign Will Hughes.

Senior, starting LB and CB are needed, though we have many young defensive talents coming through in those positions.

If what I'm saying doesn’t make sense, my Galaxy S2, and with it, SwiftKey, has shat itself.

Edit: and Konoplyanka!

WJD

It's a stupid question to ask someone's who's team just got battered. Like he gives a fuck.

Nice to see someone with a bit of a bollocks rather than following the normal boring niceties of interviews.

Elchele

A team being so far ahead from the competition is never good for a league, especially one that was desperately trying to gain more international audience. Most football fans that are casually interested in other countries leagues aren't that interested in relegation battles.

I'm pretty sure people are more interested in Bundesliga now with Bayern being the best team in the world and having Guardiola as coach than 3 seasons ago when the race for the title of the league was a close fight. People actually like to follow a huge powerful club.

You have to consider that Bayern are the best team in the world atm, it is normal for them to be that much ahead. This Bayern right now is an historic team, it will be talked about in the far future just like Pep's Barcelona, Sacchi's Milan, etc.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
So Morgan, Cork and Wanyama are probably all out tomorrow.

Our midfield pairing could be James Ward-Prowse and Harry Reed. #YOLO

We have injuries of our own, Dembele and Paulinho are doubtful as are Rose, Kaboul, Walker and Adebayor. I can see it being a wacky game.

Elchele

59525366-m05-fcb-dpa_03_20140322-175113-R9ef.jpg

Scum

I'm at work. Overtime. Why?

Nice one, Ole.

It's a stupid question to ask someone's who's team just got battered. Like he gives a fuck.

Nice to see someone with a bit of a bollocks rather than following the normal boring niceties of interviews.
This.

God i hope Ade is out.

He raped us last time.
Can we have Shaw, Clyne and Prowse pls?

Elchele

Why should a manager fighting relegation care what happens at the top end of the table? It was an honest and very human reply instead of the usual robotic canned answers you usually get from people in football.

There's no need to be a cunt. That's the kind of answer I would expect from someone in here, not from a professional coach. If his team is having a bad time is because of him, not because of Liverpool.

I would agree it could be a terrible question for someone like Wenger, Pellegrini or Mou. But This guy has nothing to lose to answer, and Liverpool are obviously a good candidate to win the title.

EmiPrime

Why are we so mentally weak. :( Why is Giroud so shit.

He isn't shit. As a substitute striker or a plan B against certain teams he's perfect. It's not his fault we didn't/couldn't buy a second striker that can do the business against the top teams and he can't perform to his strengths if like today we're completely missing or constantly giving away the ball in the middle of the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom