• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT18| Coming Early by L. Piscium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zabojnik

Bkju5vzCUAAkNNO.jpg

Damn, Liverpool has a real fucking chance, if they win against City. IT'S HAPPENING.

Salvadora

Arsenal did nothing of the sort to Arteta.

iirc he was on the receiving end of thuggish behaviour from the Everton players and boos from the fans all game.

Minamino (19 year old that scored against United in pre season) had another great game. He's been Cerezo's best player this season. Kakitani has been hit and miss (more miss lately) this season. Minamino should be ready for Europe within 2 years.

He's very different from the usual Japanese player. He plays with a lot more strength and directness than Honda, Kagawa, Inui, Kiyotake, etc... while maintaining technical ability. Reminds me of Sterling. A lot of people want him to make the trip to Brazil and he has been called up to the national team (domestic players only) so Zacch can assess him more closely.

His last game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuJuSmDwkFs

I reckon the title is decided next weekend. If Liverpool beat Man City, then they are the champions as far as I know.

Win: Ours to lose
Draw: City's to lose, Chelsea right back in it
Lose: City's to lose

Either way, Chelsea are in it, but a draw would be fantastic for them and blow the door wide open as long as they beat Swansea.

jtb

Banned
Theyve got us and Everton away, which will be tough

Everton, Palace will be tough, especially since City have done poorly against Pulis in the past iirc. Liverpool game will be tough too, but that's a six pointer so I don't really count that. basically I think City have the biggest margin of error, then Liverpool, then Chelsea (who have to rely on the other teams slipping up). Will be interesting.

And I know the logic of this is counterintuitive (and perhaps a little bit of wishful thinking) but I think Liverpool's current winning streak just makes it that much more likely that they'll slip up in one of the final games. I just don't think a 15 (?) game winning streak to close out the season is feasible, no matter how good the team is. It's just one of those weird things.

faridmon

Arsenal did nothing of the sort to Arteta.

iirc he was on the receiving end of thuggish behaviour from the Everton players and boos from the fans all game.

Just a joke!

To be fair, its his fault. we all adored him when he left, but the last couple of matches, eh was acting like an asshole. Feigning injuries to get our players sent off, Kissing the Arsenal badge infront of eth fans when you beat us twice and being an all-round asshole to some of our youngsters (Barkely and Stones) in every meeting he happened to play against us.

He destroyed is great reputation by acting like a snob

I still love him though!

Fry

Everton, Palace will be tough, especially since City have done poorly against Pulis in the past iirc. Liverpool game will be tough too, but that's a six pointer so I don't really count that. basically I think City have the biggest margin of error, then Liverpool, then Chelsea (who have to rely on the other teams slipping up). Will be interesting.

And I know the logic of this is counterintuitive (and perhaps a little bit of wishful thinking) but I think Liverpool's current winning streak just makes it that much more likely that they'll slip up in one of the final games. I just don't think a 15 (?) game winning streak to close out the season is feasible, no matter how good the team is. It's just one of those weird things.

It would be historical.

I know what you mean. Its like when you flip a coin and get tails 3 times in a row, you think that the next one is bound to be heads. Think if we won every game for the rest of the season it'd take us to 14, which is unheard of for a team who are not regarded as the best team in the country/league

faridmon

No way Palace & Chelsea will be brutally tough games.

And Newcastle will be back from their holidays by then.

Us winning the League is more probable than this pls

I say this, because them beating City will give them the confidence and the cushion needed to slug it out for the rest of the season. The psychological signs when you are comfortable leading a bit further do help a lot to mitigate any unrest within the team, or so I believe.

faridmon

Win: Ours to lose
Draw: City's to lose, Chelsea right back in it
Lose: City's to lose

Either way, Chelsea are in it, but a draw would be fantastic for them and blow the door wide open as long as they beat Swansea.

Yep. When you ae in total control over your games and its result in context to the league, that is an upperhand.

I wonder if Sherwood will be the Norwich manager next year.

Moyes

Imagine if we just had to beat an uninterested Newcastle to win the league, and we fucked it up. Imagine it. Christ. I'd cry myself to sleep for weeks.

Suen

Bergonzi giving far too many calls against us when we are in good chance to threaten Napoli. How much did De Laurentiis pay him?

edit: oh fuck off Biabiany, Molinaro was just besides you.

Suen how is the Parma - Napoli game going?

Last I checked it was 0-0.
Sloppy and boring play from both sides in first half with Napoli dominating possession. Second half is starting much better with Parma putting quite some pressure now.

Lakitu

st5fu
Imagine if we just had to beat an uninterested Newcastle to win the league, and we fucked it up. Imagine it. Christ. I'd cry myself to sleep for weeks.

You know, I hate to say it but I'd rather we lost the league earlier than on the last day of the season. I don't think I could take it.

Randdalf

Sacking him with 5 games to go?

Fuck off

Moronic

Is what happens when you sign Dutch donkeys.

--

Clegg, I believed

I always believed.

Five games to go against Fulham, Liverpool, Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal. They needed to be safe already since four of those games are already write-offs. With that in mind, I don't think it was a stupid decision, they were going to be relegated anyway if they weren't already in safe position by now.

edit: I thought Norwich were in the relegation zone. Hm.

Hixx

Hughton being sacked is fucking great for us though.

Can't see them beating Fulham... god if we can beat Spurs...

Please Sunderland. Do something canny for once in the league. Beating City and the Mags is getting boring. Let's do Spurs and Everton.

Bergonzi giving far too many calls against us when we are in good chance to threaten Napoli. How much did De Laurentiis pay him?

Sloppy and boring play from both sides in first half with Napoli dominating possession. Second half is starting much better with Parma putting quite some pressure now.

Who will you cheer for when Arsenal play Parma in the EL next season?

jtb

Banned
I didn't realize Everton had a game in hand on us. So they control their own fate? that could be problematic, especially since I can't see us winning 5 out of 5 in our current form.

You know, I hate to say it but I'd rather we lost the league earlier than on the last day of the season. I don't think I could take it.

Same, easily as well. If it was like Chelsea away or something I'd want to at least take it to the wire. Tripping up against Newcastle at home, with them already being on holiday? Fuck that.

faridmon

I didn't realize Everton had a game in hand on us. So they control their own fate? that could be problematic, especially since I can't see us winning 5 out of 5 in our current form.

The fixture looks promising to you lot than to us though. So I say, Aresnal are in the driving seat. But again, I am boron cynics who watched his club failing for 13 years.

Same, easily as well. If it was like Chelsea away or something I'd want to at least take it to the wire. Tripping up against Newcastle at home, with them already being on holiday? Fuck that.

Running for championship or not, Losing to Newcastle at this stage is heartache inducing. You would just summon Kyofou here to talk shit about us again :p

K1LLER7

Cheers. Got bored after the 1st half haha.

Want Parma to win. Rafa can do one.....

But then Mastadon needs Napoli lol.

TeddyBoy

Villa away from home are no joke either, anything could happen.

Actually Villa are best to play at Villa Park, their home record has been awful for the last two years (sorry Wes!). Away from home their counterattacking style works wonders and they pick up quite a few unexpected points (eg. Emirates and Anfield).

Surprised Norwich sacked Hughton, they have to beat Fulham or they look certain to go down, but bringing in your under 18's coach for it just seems the most short term solution for them. Hughton did pretty well at Birmingham in the Championship too, he'd know that league and could have them competing again next season.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
RAFAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

i can't

why are you losing to Parma you bald fuck? THEIR REVENUE?

THEIR STADIUM?

Edit: Suen: Oh Bergonzi is terrible, he'll definitely rob you tonight. He fucked us way too many times before.

subtles

I think we should have an ambulance on speed dial. Can you imagine losing the title vs Newcastle after conceding an equalizer in extra time?

Suen

RAFAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

i can't

why are you losing to Parma you bald fuck? THEIR REVENUE?

THEIR STADIUM?

Edit: Suen: Oh Bergonzi is terrible, he'll definitely rob you tonight. He fucked us way too many times before.
He pulled the same shit on us last season as well. Not a big fan of him.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Too many former Juve players in this side. I don't even know how or why Suen hates us. We feed his club with our garbage every year.

Wonder how much of a difference Steve Peters has made.

Talking of stuff like that, has there been a less eventful season for Liverpool off-the-pitch? No scandals, no drawn-out mind games, no bust-ups. Makes a nice change from Jen Chang threatening a twitter joke-account creator and Gerrard punching people for not being Phil Collins fans :p

Suen

Too many former Juve players in this side. I don't even know how or why Suen hates us. We feed his club with our garbage every year.
That and when you come and knock on our door to take our best players away, whenever that happens. That's why. But I hate Napoli, Inter, Roma, Milan and Lazio too so you're not alone. Of all of you I probably hate Milan the least, don't know why.

Higuain being as shit as he was in Madrid is a huge advantage to us.

Wonder how much of a difference Steve Peters has made.

Talking of stuff like that, has there been a less eventful season for Liverpool off-the-pitch? No scandals, no drawn-out mind games, no bust-ups. Makes a nice change from Jen Chang threatening a twitter joke-account creator and Gerrard punching people for not being Phil Collins fans :p

Brendan shagging a transvestite is about it for this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom