• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT18| Coming Early by L. Piscium

Status
Not open for further replies.

bud23

A 14-year-old Polish boy woke from a 3-month coma listening to a Cristiano Ronaldo goal, met star at Real v BVB

David Pawlaczyk’s world was turned upside down in August last year. The 14-year-old was riding his bicycle went he was knocked over by a car, suffering multiple, internal injuries. David was rushed to hospital but slipped into a deep coma. The teenager required immediate treatment and his parents frantically searched for a clinic with experience in dealing with coma patients.

After consulting a number of neurologists, David’s parents were told that sound therapy was the only hope of waking their son and were advised to play familiar sounds to him. Football was David’s big passion – he was a huge Real Madrid fan, so his parents started playing radio broadcasts of matches. Three months later, on November 19, David woke from his coma after hearing the broadcast of Cristiano’s third goal in the 2014 World Cup Play-Off tie between Portugal and Sweden.

The story was picked up by Polish newspaper ‘Fakt’ when Cristiano himself got to hear about it, he invited David and his family to the Santiago Bernabéu to watch Madrid’s Champions League quarter final clash with Borussia Dortmund.

“When the newspaper contacted us and told us that we had been invited to Madrid, David burst out crying,” his mother explained.

After the game, Cristiano spoke to David and his family, gave him a hug, signed autographs and gave him a Real Madrid shirt as a gift whilst wishing him a speedy recovery.

635321373205038408.jpg

BkeB8uqCMAAF7cC.jpg

Legend.

http://as.com/diarioas/2014/04/06/english/1396818573_326099.html

Jack cw

that yellow jersey ain't BVB pal

please save him from us

Haha, he was the alternative if that Martinez transfer would have failed. But after Schweinsteigers performance and injuries lately and Martinez move into defence, we will buy another CM and Marchisio is an option but I doubt he would leave.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Haha, he was the alternative if that Martinez transfer would have failed. But after Schweinsteigers performance and injuries lately and Martinez move into defence, we will buy another CM and Marchisio is an option but I doubt he would leave.
I'll be delighted for him.

Yes, I'm sure his goal helped more than the medical team that worked their asses on the boy. #Legend #Respect

Del Piero did something similar last year lool

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Vidal is suspended and Tevez is doubtful.

Grinta levels drop to -80%.

it was nice to dream

the dream is over

[insert something Bayern GAF would say]

Regarding that Cristiano news, sad to see the yellow media give props to Cristiano and not to the mother who stood by his side. BTW the Mendes GestiFute initiative of cleaning up player's reputation is working.

Media Outlets are eating that shit.

Please sack Moyes. I don't trust his training sessions are the best way to develop young players. The reputation his training sessions have through former Everton players and media rumblings is frightening. This is honestly my biggest worry.

Moyes pls.

Big Willy pls.

If he makes it to United I'm going to start calling him Chris Webber.

Blablurn

Please sack Moyes. I don't trust his training sessions are the best way to develop young players. The reputation his training sessions have through former Everton players and media rumblings is frightening. This is honestly my biggest worry.

soon you will be the only doubter left. the moyes era has started.

Clegg

United have been scouting Carvalho since last season when he was playing in Belgium. Over the last 18 months we must've watches him at least 20 times. You'd have to think that there's some solid interest there.

United have been scouting Carvalho since last season when he was playing in Belgium. Over the last 18 months we must've watches him at least 20 times. You'd have to think that there's some solid interest there.

Chelsea will shoulderbarge their way into it when you're about to sign him.

Meier

City are also interested and have been scouting him for some time so United will to be a bit worried. I'd love to sign him as we really could use the depth at CM/DM, but he's going to cost too much for a rotational player.

Clegg

Not so worried about Chelsea as they're going all guns blazing for a striker. And as Meier says, he's too expensive to a bench option. But United have this odd habit of completely overlooking players who would suit us down to the ground. Hopefully we get this deal done early.

Not so worried about Chelsea as they're going all guns blazing for a striker.

It's not as other clubs operate like United, where Woodward can apparently only focus on one thing at a time, like keeping Rooney. Chelsea will certainly be looking at some CM's during the summer, as it looks like Mikel will be leaving and probably Lampard too. That said I've no idea if Carvalho is what Chelsea needs or if the club is interested, but there's going to be at least one central midfielder coming in for sure. A CM, left back and striker.

@Liverbros, would you start Lucas against City? Think Gerrard-Henderson-Allen could easily get overwhelmed by Silva-Toure-Fernandinho. Would like to see Gerrard-Lucas-Henderson.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
im sure you were also the founder of the fuck bayern campaign!!!!
Yes.. Shut up Bla, no one defends Bayern more than me here.
KuGsj.gif
(but not anymore for obvious reasons)
His idol is Nani.

he's everyone's idol to be fair. Picking up a paycheck for doing fuck all? THAT'S THE DREAM!

yurt, the not-so-silent chief.

WHAT's UP FELLOW DIRTY MAGE! You should see my PSN inbox after a night of invasions.
KuGsj.gif

No one takes dying in 1.5 seconds too kindly these days. :(

bjaelke

Luis suarez stopped to play football with my cousin (age 7, with Down syndrome) in a park, all because he had a liverpool ball.
Bit more background due to interest. Initially he just ran over and took the ball of my cousin . My uncle (pictured) didn't realise it was Suarez initially and thought it was just some annoying man. Luis was interacting with my cousin and letting him nutmeg him. Yes that's right, my seven year old cousin has nut-megged Suarez. Obviously my uncles was mind blown once he realised it was Suarez and asked for the picture. Now my cousin when he grows up has a picture with one of the best Liverpool players to grace anfield. So thanks Suarez. What a guy you are. This was around all the Evra/ivanovic drama, and made my believe he has a true compassion.

65sdzMg.jpg

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Wooden if your reading this lets do the games man

Facism

WHAT's UP FELLOW DIRTY MAGE! You should see my PSN inbox after a night of invasions.
KuGsj.gif

No one takes dying in 1.5 seconds too kindly these days. :(

The best thing about psn/xbox live, hatemail. Will miss it in the PC version lol.

I got so much shit from people when doing the bellbros covenant. Always some idiot carrying a greatsword thinking he's gonna tank through a soul spear or soul greatsword lol.

Get a seed of giants or whatever it's called. I had the best invader in the world try and do me in heid's tower of bukkake. He sat in that central area with all the giant armours and spammed the moonlight greatsword's R2 at me. used the seed, he got 1hk by the greatsword-carrying brothers there. Got dem mad hatemail, bredrens.

Shit i'm going to try that in belfry luna when PC version is out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom