• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT18| Coming Early by L. Piscium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blablurn

Llorente's lovely first goal from the other day. Better late than nevah.

igDlSLKo7yOGR.gif

great goal! happy it worked out for llorente after the humble start at the beginning of the season.
or was that last season?? i forgot how long he is already at juve lol

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
LLION!!! So happy for him! And also a bit sad, because he's not going to win the WC 2014 with Spain :(

apparently 8 of his 13 (Serie A) goals were decisive! Clutch!
Woop Woop!

Madrid, Chelsea, Barca and Bayern sounds like a classy CL semi final if you ask me.

define classy

because you mentioned the children snatchers

great goal! happy it worked out for llorente after the humble start at the beginning of the season.

Yeah it's his debut season :p

I wouldn't even call his start humble, it was terrible tbh. I think he missed our first three CL games.

Zabojnik

I wouldn't even call it humble start. It was a non-start, as in he didn't play until like late october, iirc. Has been doing very well until a month / month and a half ago, when his form suddenly took a nosedive. He admitted it himself. Guess a year of semi-inactivity and a new training regime might have something to do with it. Or not, our whole team was dead for a while there. Some players still are. Hopefully Llion's slump is over. I'm not under the illusion that he's world-class, but he is levels of magnitude better than what we had before.

Our Giroud, amirite, Yurt? <3

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I wouldn't even call it humble start. It was a non-start, as in he didn't play until like late october, iirc. Has been doing very well until a month / month and a half ago, when his form suddenly took a nosedive. He admitted it himself. Guess a year of semi-inactivity and a new training regime might have something to do with it. Or not, our whole team was dead for a while there. Some players still are. Hopefully Llion's slump is over. I'm not under the illusion that he's world-class, but he is levels of magnitude better than what we had before.
pretty much
Our Giroud, amirite, Yurt? <3
I dunno, how does he feel about a threesome with a teammate?

Our As-long-as-he-aint-Matri

Yeah, I dont like Madrid either

that time wasting last night was really....small time :lol and there's just no way past Iker when he's playing like this. This is basically what happened to us in Spain.

Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, Manchester United, Chelsea, Barcelona

Whoever wins, football dies.

Atletico pls.

PSG so bad. Schurle literally takes a light jog into about 5 yards of space in each direction on the penalty spot. This is why Englih people hate the French :p

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Yes! Chelski did an amazing job and Dortmund showed how to beat Real. God I hope we make it tonight and get a Bayern - Chelski final again!

Are you sure you want Mourinho in a European final? He'll turtle his way to victory, and you'll hate it.

but we'll all love it.

spidye

Yes! Chelski did an amazing job and Dortmund showed how to beat Real. God I hope we make it tonight and get a Bayern - Chelski final again!

Are you sure you want Mourinho in a European final? He'll turtle his way to victory, and you'll hate it.

but we'll all love it.
if we manage to beat united today I would like to evade chelsea as much as possible. mou is going to park the bus to his next cl title

I respect your opinion. I hope I will see more posts from you in the future. Have a nice day.

I will do, don't worry about that

Bayern win: I slag them off anyway and feel happy that Man Utd can't win the CL
Man Utd win: I slag Bayern and Pep off, safe in the knowledge that we should finish third at least, and Man Utd probably won't win it anyway
The Allianz falls into a sinkhole: I lol

@Yurt, I'm about to go down the elevator in
Drangleic Castle. Also joined the Dark covenant, but died twice in the Dark Chasm by falling, and got twatted by the phantom Havel guy the one time I got further. Do the 3 different portals take you to 3 different areas?

Just seen the clear Mikhtaryan chance he hit against the post. What a pile of shite, £30m for someone whose only contribution is to knock your own team out if the Champions League

FootballFan

Heard back from Arnie's place, didn't make the next stage. Ah well. Onwards innit. Thought I came across as nervous on the phone anyway.

The dream is over Arnold.

Ahh bad luck man. Arnie would have been a bad superior, so it is for the best :p

Onwards m8.

Blablurn

I will do, don't worry about that

Bayern win: I slag them off anyway and feel happy that Man Utd can't win the CL
Man Utd win: I slag Bayern and Pep off, safe in the knowledge that we should finish third at least, and Man Utd probably won't win it anyway
The Allianz falls into a sinkhole: I lol

The fact that Bayern will make you feel something is more than I could have ever ask for. Glad we bring emotions to Europe <3

Can't wait for tonight.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Yeah, it's really not so bad Zabo. But compared to the preview build? The downgrade is shocking to say the least.

@Yurt
Do the 3 different portals take you to 3 different areas?

Yes! And finishing them leads to an optional boss fight.

Yeah, it's really not so bad Zabo. But compared to the preview build? It's shocking.

Yes! And finishing them leads to an optional boss fight.

Cheers. Now, to figure out how to deal with phantom
Havel
. Too strong to block, too fast to circle-strafe, too precarious to roll. Maybe I can find a sniper spot to pepper him with arrows or spells.

I'm a bit of an all rounder, got a Shield and Bow in the left hand, +10 Firesword, +10 Sorcerer's Staff and +6 Pyromancy Flame in the right

Wearing Havel's helmet, Vengarl's Armour, Allone Knight Leggings and Old Guard Gauntlets, even though it looks shit. The best looking armour has crap stats, and by the stage you get it, you've already upgraded your armour too much to just discard it and start afresh with the good-looking stuff :(

Chaos Storm is boss, using the ring that grants two extra Attunement slots, so I've got Heavy Soul Arrow and Great heavy Soul Arrow attuned. Really stupid that it doesn't automatically switch to the Pyromancy spell when you equip the glove

What a geeky post

Frank describing his life as Rambo's :lol

Zabojnik

Yeah, it's really not so bad Zabo. But compared to the preview build? The downgrade is shocking to say the least.

I needs it. Tried playing Assassin's Creed IV to pass the time and I was immediately put off. Can't play this mainstream shit anymore. At least not so close after having played DS.

COME ON PC VERSIONNNNNNNNNN

Yen

Some of the posts in the GZ spoilers thread… :lol. I think someone in there is playing us like a damn fiddle.

Zabojnik

We would win the Ballon d'Or of NeoGAF every year, if there was such a thing. We'd be the Messi to NBA-GAF's C. Ronaldo. Or something.

We would win the Ballon d'Or of Neogaf every year, if there was such a thing. We'd be the Messi to NBA-GAF's C. Ronaldo. Or something.

NBA-Gaf is Kevin Muscat. Crap, overly aggressive and constantly banned.

@Mastadon, email them. I'm sure they'd change it to a tenner since we're so far pre-game

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I needs it. Tried playing Assassin's Creed IV to pass the time and I was immediately put off. Can't play this mainstream shit anymore. At least not so close after having played DS.

COME ON PC VERSIONNNNNNNNNN

exactly how I felt after Demon's Souls. This is IT, the pinnacle. It can't get any better than this, and I can't climb down to mainstream games.

Cheers. Now, to figure out how to deal with phantom
Havel
. Too strong to block, too fast to circle-strafe, too precarious to roll. Maybe I can find a sniper spot to pepper him with arrows or spells.
Bait him to attack and then slice his face :p he's too slow, you can kill him with a few spells before he can reach you.

Jorge Martinez at best

he's still on our books looooool :((((((

Mastadon

Banned
NBA-Gaf is Kevin Muscat. Crap, overly aggressive and constantly banned.

@Mastadon, email them. I'm sure they'd change it to a tenner since we're so far pre-game

I've just emailed them. I've done this before and not had it refunded so not holding my breath.

It's okay though. In Mosey we trust.

FootballFan

We would win the Ballon d'Or of NeoGAF every year, if there was such a thing. We'd be the Messi to NBA-GAF's C. Ronaldo. Or something.

Anime-GAF is the best, they aren't a community like us, but they have Faridmon and Regulus. GOATs.

They're at home there, whereas we made Regulus leave and made Faridmon feel unwelcome here.

I've just emailed them. I've done this before and not had it refunded though.

It's okay though. In Mosey we trust.

Really? That's ridiculous. It should be flagged up and ask you to confirm like 7 times when you bet anything more than £1 on Moyes United anyway.

Can't imagine it would take longer than 2 minutes for a customer services rep to cross reference your details, confirm your identity and change the stake.

Jack cw

ihxhkRJccjyVm.gif

god, i miss thiago already. we could have won it this year with him :( but with his injury i'm glad if we make it to the semi final.

ah thiago :(

jack pls. do something.
Normally I dont like being dependant on one player. But I never witnessed such a break in play when Thiago is out. He slowly became something like the engine of our game and yes it hurts that he is out but this is the chance for Toni Kroos to prove that he is worth the 10 million he claims as wage.
but we'll all love it.
I'll love it. I didnt really mind beating us 2010 with his troll tactics and I wouldnt mind having him with Chelsea again. Lsing a CL final to Mou would be the ultimate meltdown for him :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom