• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT18| Coming Early by L. Piscium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really unimpressed by Rooney and Carrick tonight. Both didn't step up to it at all.

Also want to rage at Evra for being culpable for 2 goals but his goal was great.

Wilbur

Banned
Yeah congrats Bayern and congrats Bayern-GAF. Just better than us, it showed in the end.

Thought we set up well tonight, but Moyes' subs were piss poor. Took off two of our best players on the night while leaving on an injured one who was arguably our worst (although Valencia is a brain dead cunt).

Season over now :lol. I'll miss you, Champions League <3 enjoy your holiday to Liverpool. Come back next year.

Ulumsk

Well shite. Backing Athletico now and for the forseable CL future. Summer transfers will be key to see if United will fall behind or make a comeback to the top. 4th is probably not happening unless Arsenal do a legendary bottlejob.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Bet any money the mainsteam press will shrug off Rooneys performance, too close the WC to give him anything less than a 7

"Industrious, stand out, unlucky with chances, was the difference"

GAHHHHHHHH Im so mad

BkzqTZuCUAAPCrf.png

rvPlOuN.jpg

Jack cw

We didn't embarrass ourselves at all. Some better finishing and we could've went through.

But we did see the gap between the teams though. When Bayern really stepped up the pressure we couldn't handle it. Although they were aided by some fuck awful defending from Evra.
True but Robben and Ribery were incredible today and I thought evra and jones did very well.

Good game Bayern.

Can't fault our effort, everyone put in a shift (although Rooney was awful), beaten by a better team. Gave them a challenge though, which I think is all any fan was expecting.

Let the rebuild begin.

Meier

London. Chelsea and Arsenal, i think more than once

Thought that was probably the case but couldn't recall if it was the same year. 2008/09 both were in the semis. It looks like that's the only time that I can tell -- Arsenal were runner up in 2005/06 but Chelsea went out in the Round of 16.

Clegg

Couple of good signings in the summer and we'll be right back in the Champs League imo. The players have the quality.

Salvadora

Bet any money the mainsteam press will shrug off Rooneys performance, too close the WC to give him anything less than a 7

"Industrious, stand out, unlucky with chances, was the difference"

GAHHHHHHHH Im so mad

The Sun will put him in their team of the day.

Book it.

Razgreez

We didn't embarrass ourselves at all. Some better finishing and we could've went through.

But we did see the gap between the teams though. When Bayern really stepped up the pressure we couldn't handle it. Although they were aided by some fuck awful defending from Evra.

You're complaining about defending when ironically his finishing was better than Rooney and Welbeck combined. The better team is always the one who puts away its chances and Bayern had very few clear cut ones but they took advantage of them. Let's not forget Rooney just came back from injury

Atletico deserved to go through, Barca were just lackluster and lucky not to have conceded multiple goals by the half.

Hope Bayern go on to win it.

Joseca

Banned
It would be a shame if Cholo Simeone and Atletico don't win something this year, they deserve it so much. For the next round:
Bayern - Atletico
Real Madrid - Chelsea (just for Mourinho haha)

Raptor

Feels strange that Barca are out of the semis, congrats to Atletico fans!!

I don't hate Atletico de Madrid at all, and if we lose I hope we lose to them and not to Bayern again for fuck sakes.

Pulga is going to have an aneurysm with all the athletico posts.

This is not only not funny, but also not true. They had easily the best and biggest chances, not really parking the bus in anyway... But were of course clever enough to not storm up and chase Barca around when they will just pass it between each other for 5 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom