• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT18| Coming Early by L. Piscium

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
barca just tanked because messi and neymar want to be fully with for the world cup. champions league in a world cup year = mickey mouse tournament.

Bet any money the mainsteam press will shrug off Rooneys performance, too close the WC to give him anything less than a 7

"Industrious, stand out, unlucky with chances, was the difference"

GAHHHHHHHH Im so mad

He worries me more than anyone else (aside from Roy) for our chances of even getting through the group stages in the summer. You just can't afford to miss chances like that at the top, top level when you create less than 3 chances per game

K1LLER7

Couple of good signings in the summer and we'll be right back in the Champs League imo. The players have the quality.
Get some CM's. Get a LB. Get a partner for Jones, although Smalling did well today. Still prefer Evans.

Decide what is happening with CF position.

Start Mata, Kagawa and Januzaj behind the striker from now on.

Bayern- twats
Chelsea- cunts
Real- pepe loving cunts
Atleti- status yet to be confirmed?

Simeone pls.

Anyone thinking Atletico are not cunts are out of their minds. They are huge cunts and that's their play style. That's what makes it so exciting to watch though.

Would rather have Bayern or Madrid than them tbh, it's exactly the kind of stuff that Chelsea, with all the players that lacks balls, will die from.

Jones, Fletcher, Smalling, Kagawa and Welbeck in particular acquitted themselves really well I thought.

Kagawa's finally coming good. Just needs the quality around him.

bud23

Recount.

oDWx6LC.png

Barca actually won.

The grass, Wooden, it was the fucking grass. Blame the grass, it's all its fault. lol

Pulga is going to have an aneurysm with all the athletico posts.

This is not only not funny, but also not true. They had easily the best and biggest chances, not really parking the bus in anyway... But were of course clever enough to not storm up and chase Barca around when they will just pass it between each other for 5 minutes.

ok, maybe this is better?:

4KU2XeY.jpg

WJD

Got to be noted that Darren Fletcher is a fucking hero.

To come back from his illness and be one of the standout performers in a Champions League quarter final in Munich is absolute stunning. He deserves a winners medal more than anyone out there and it's a damn shame he'll never get another chance.

Clegg

You're complaining about defending when ironically his finishing was better than Rooney and Welbeck combined. The better team is always the one who puts away its chances and Bayern had very few clear cut ones but they took advantage of them. Let's not forget Rooney just came back from injury
I can't fault him for his finishing, but his defending was thoroughly poor. I my view he was at fault for two of Bayern's gials. Alex Buttner dealt with Robben better than Evra did tonight.

I've already said that Bayern were the better side but they weren't so much better that I can say we wouldn't have been undeserving winners of we'd gone through.

Marc

Heh, didn't see that Rooney was having a go at Welbeck for the pass... haha... such a gutless choker.

According to Souness though, Barca got through their tie. Possession wins.

Wilbur

Banned

To come back from his illness and be one of the standout performers in a Champions League quarter final in Munich is absolute stunning. He deserves a winners medal more than anyone out there and it's a damn shame he'll never get another chance.

Yep. So proud of him.

Requeim

Recount.

oDWx6LC.png

Barca actually won.

football is alive

Also this.

He's my favorite player. It's good to see him playing again

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I do not look forward to next season lovefest with Liverpool in the CL, sky have been slowly stacking the pundits over the years in anticipation of this.

That Rooney chance... I can't believe the commentator.

I fucking hate Rooney.

He'll stay.

It was incredible. Perfectly laid back for what should have been an already wound up shot. Instead he just lets it bounce off him and roll away. Commentator said fuck all about it, funny that. Time for England to move on from Rooney, and yous lot should have done the same

Scottify

With apologies to London-GAF, the only team I can root against is Chelsea. I just don't like John Terry. About the other teams I'm neutral.

LegoArmo

I agree, he was brilliant, and him being subbed off was idiotic.

Also, fuck Rooney, and fuck the commentators for trying to blame Danny for every ball misplaced he didn't reach, or every perfect pass that Rooney fluffed. Fuck you, ITV.

Raptor

Now Real should go full steam with all we got for la Decima, forget the Del Rey cup foget the league, just go all out for la decima!!

Come we can do it!

Wilbur

Banned
It was incredible. Perfectly laid back for what should have been an already wound up shot. Instead he just lets it bounce off him and roll away. Commentator said fuck all about it, funny that. Time for England to move on from Rooney, and yous lot should have done the same

He blamed Welbeck's pass, I was fucking fuming.

Wish Fergie would have stayed long enough to sell him.

vgJames

Banned
I'm going to miss the Champions League. Big nights like this always hurt but they always get you hyped and you start to believe.

I dream of United without Rooney and Moyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom