• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT18| Coming Early by L. Piscium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

That would be our third English team in a row and probably the third similarly playing team. No thanks.

You know how many matches were "Well, we were on equal footing until the 60th minute and we had two 100% chances and should've won"? Many.
Well when everyone was writing off our chances before the tie I think it needs to be noted that we weren't blown away by Bayern.

And do you know how ungracious your post sounds?

Very,

Wilbur

Banned
I'm going to miss the Champions League. Big nights like this always hurt but they always get you hyped and you start to believe.

I dream of United without Rooney and Moyes.

I fucking screamed and jumped out of my seat when we scored, hope kicked in. Even after their first I was still excited :lol. Hope that kills you innit.

Fergie

Banned
Got to be noted that Darren Fletcher is a fucking hero.

To come back from his illness and be one of the standout performers in a Champions League quarter final in Munich is absolute stunning. He deserves a winners medal more than anyone out there and it's a damn shame he'll never get another chance.
Absolutely.

Utter legend.

FootballFan

iAYMXJVcuFLT0.gif

#Respect

Hopefully Atletico and Bayern make the final.

Football is still barely alive. Its heart still beats.

Kosma

Banned
He blamed Welbeck's pass, I was fucking fuming.

Wish Fergie would have stayed long enough to sell him.

They didnt even show a replay here of that rooney miss and i was like waaaaat that was their moment to win

Bloody rooney had so much space too

TeddyBoy

Who was the guy here betting 100 pounds on United?

Was poor Mastadon, he only intended to put £10 on though. Bjaelke also had a fiver on United too.

Really boring match to watch in the first half, out of 180 minutes, only about 30 was worth watching tbh. Moyes was trying to turtle it and fair play to him, he had to, Guardiola had no response and played the same style over and over again.

Hope Atletico wins the double!

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Throwing all my support behind Chelsea now, please dick on whoever you get

Positives:
1. Shinji, Welbeck, Smalling, Valencia, Fletcher, and Jones had great games
2. Leaving Young on the bench
3. Moyes starting line up

Negatives:
1. Rooney was shit
2. Carrick wasn't good
3. Moyes bottled it in the 2nd half. He was too much of a pussy to take out Rooney despite him being injured and Welbeck being arguably the best player.
4. Moyes took too long to make a sub. The players were too tired.

He blamed Welbeck's pass, I was fucking fuming.

Wish Fergie would have stayed long enough to sell him.

I'd have been livid if I was Welbeck. On the fringes of the team, boyhood fan come up through the club, works his bollocks off throughout, and the gormless cunt you play next to and earns 4 times more than you lambasts you because he just hasn't mentally switched onto the match, costing you a spot in the semis.

I do not look forward to next season lovefest with Liverpool in the CL, sky have been slowly stacking the pundits over the years in anticipation of this.
It's okay. Balance will be restored to the universe soon enough and the dippers feet will be back on solid ground sooner rather than later. Chinned in the UCL groups next season and finish 5th in the league.

Mastadon

Banned
Couple of good signings in the summer and we'll be right back in the Champs League imo. The players have the quality.

Not sure I agree. United played really well over the two legs, but it comes with two caveats.

1) This type of game is Moyes' comfort zone. He's very adept at setting up a team to frustrate a higher quality of opponent which is what we've seen during these two matches. The problem is that in the league, you can't set up like that. Moyes doesn't know how to set up against the teams at the top and immediately above Utd.

2) These type of games require no input from the manager to motivate the players.

Yen

José Mourinho;107605574 said:
It's okay. Balance will be restored to the universe soon enough and the dippers feet will be back on solid ground sooner rather than later. Chinned in the UCL groups next season and finish 5th in the league.
"the dippers"

Well when everyone was writing off our chances before the tie I think it needs to be noted that we weren't blown away by Bayern.

And do you know how ungracious your post sounds?

Very,

That guys been posting biased rubbish in the match thread the whole game. Worse than doicare. My fave was when he said the player shouldn't have got a yellow for time wasting when he carried the ball half way across the pitch.

José Mourinho;107605574 said:

Lunchbox alt

Clegg

Even though we've probably played our two best games of the season I think, more than any other match, these are the ones which show Moyes is out of his depth. Should've taken off Rooney as he was playing awfully. And his decision to take off Fletcher and replace him with a striker was a baffling one.

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA

SUCK IT YOU POS EXCUSE OF A CLUB

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA

You are such a shit poster. Shouldn't posts like this be bannable?

WJD

We just need to avoid the Europa League, make some smart signings and get rid of some dead wood and we'll be right back in the Champions League come 15/16.

Probably.

K1LLER7

This is why we call him the "effective" one trick pony.

Its all he does, and it works
Deflections do help most of the time.

Bayern did well 2nd half. Still look shaky when pressed. Atletico could give them a good game imo. Especially with Costa back.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Congrats to Atletico. Hopefully you get the pleasure of knocking out your cunt neighbors.

At least we can focus on closing out the league now while the Madrid teams tangle in the CL.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
We just need to avoid the Europa League, make some smart signings and get rid of some dead wood and we'll be right back in the Champions League come 15/16.

Probably.
wats wrong with europa league

ur breaking me heart

Cappa

Banned
So far all those calling Cristiano Ronaldo a choker..... are you going to be saying the same about Messi?

I really hope so, or else you're just going to be looking like fools who know nothing about football. Well, one would argue with making a statement like that about Ronaldo would suffice about not knowing enough but .......

K1LLER7

Probably.
EL may be best chance of getting back in the CL.

Need to make some signings tho.

Willy C pls

Stubo

My thoughts:

Rooney stayed on too long, hope it hasn't made his injury much worse. Just because he can't feel the pain doesn't mean it's not there.

Evra's goal was awesome, but he needs to offer more going backwards as well as his attacking play. Buttner isn't good enough as a replacement.

The officials can do one for being so very wrong about a few decisions, though I can't bring myself to suggest that this would've changed the outcome of the game.

We didn't deserve to go through, so it's fair enough that we did not go through. Congrats BayernGAF, best of luck in the rest of the tournament.

Now Dortmund are out I'll be rooting for Atlético.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom