• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT18| Coming Early by L. Piscium

Status
Not open for further replies.
or realty?

Calling us 'the dippers' is not befitting of this thread and does not promote any kind of reasonable debate, which is why we don't call you knobends the chavs or any of that shite.

Simple as that. Maybe we'll crumble next season. Maybe we won't. We can talk about that without resorting to childish nicknames though, surely.

Razgreez

This is why we call him the "effective" one trick pony.

Its all he does, and it works

Oi, that's not fair. Under Heynkes he was tracking back and defending as well, often effectively. His freedom under Pep has just had him return to his old habits

Clegg

Not sure I agree. United played really well over the two legs, but it comes with two caveats.

1) This type of game is Moyes' comfort zone. He's very adept at setting up a team to frustrate a higher quality of opponent which is what we've seen during these two matches. The problem is that in the league, you can't set up like that. Moyes doesn't know how to set up against the teams at the top and immediately above Utd.

2) These type of games require no input from the manager to motivate the players.
Your second point is certainly true and I do have many grievances over Moyes' managerial abilities at the highest level.

And whilst the game plan was limited, we were more potent in attack than we have been in many matches this season. I might be a bit optimistic but if we can mix that kind of swift attacking with a more dominant approach then we'll be alright.

Think United could face a much harder time getting back into CL, than they really think. Especially if Arsenal finally got a manager that could bother preparing for other teams.

ibXRw9s2tHFxk.gif

lol

FootballFan

Calling us 'the dippers' is not befitting of this thread and does not promote any kind of reasonable debate, which is why we don't call you knobends the chavs or any of that shite.

Simple as that. Maybe we'll crumble next season. Maybe we won't. We can talk about that without resorting to childish nicknames though, surely.

Some people man. So childish.

bjaelke

Man Utd Facebook @MUFC_Facebook
good job united u try your best sometimes u win sometimes u lose there is no shame!!! but moyes gotta go cuz he has so many wrinkles

modsyuaskspg.gif

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Oi, that's not fair. Under Heynkes he was tracking back and defending as well, often effectively. His freedom under Pep has just had him return to his old habits
It really wasn't, I'm sorry <3

But yeah Pep killed the beautiful Robben of last season. :(

This thread in OT...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=107606150

One of the things I never understood about how European soccer works is people seem to be okay with how non-competitive it is.

The German Bundesliga for instance has been around since 1963 - 51 years. In that time, one team - Bayern Munich, has won 23 championship titles. The English Premier League is dominated by four teams over the last 20 years - although that seems to be changing with Manchester City being bought by a billionaire. In Spain's La Liga, it's pretty much a two team league with Barcelona and Real Madrid vying for top spot every year.

I get why the top flight teams have fans. I also get why the lower run teams have fans, there is drama in wondering whether your team will stay in the big show next year or not.

What I don't understand is why do teams that are on the B-tier continue to have fans. I know Everton for instance will never be bad enough to be relegated but they will also never be good enough to fight for the top spot unless some crazy Russian billionaire buys them and decides to go nuts.

:loooooooooool, love the Everton bit. Poor Farid.

:lol, this is the football thread where we laugh at such quotes as "get bent" and had a strange late night period often referred to as "after dark". Pictures of cocks getting posted resulting in bans and a debate surrounding the word cunt every six months. It's what we do. Yet for some reason we're above nicknames such as "chav" and "bin dippers"? Pull the other one.

Blablurn

Unlike you I'm not shitting up the thread 24/7. :lol
Im sorry but that's not true. Every non Madrid post of you is some kind of insult. Especially when.bayern plays. It's getting annoying. I ignore it. But blaming ff about shitting up the thread is so much bullshit. Too bad you will not learn anyway.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
1) Success in degrees. A Rotherham fan is as happy with promotion as a Chelsea fan is with winning the PL
2) The hope for growth
3) You can still follow the top-level, and even support a top team
4) It's good to support a local club
5) Easier to get tickets at that level
6) Football is football
7) Stability

José Mourinho;107607632 said:
:lol, this is the football thread where we laugh at such quotes as "get bent" and had a strange late night period often referred to as "after dark". Pictures of cocks getting posted resulting in bans and a debate surrounding the word cunt every six months. It's what we do, yet for some reason we're above nicknames such as "chav" and "bin dippers"? Pull the other one.

It's distinctly RAWK/Redcafe/bluemoon/shedend-ish

That's reason enough, no?

Jack cw

Im sorry but that's not true. Every non Madrid post of you is some kind of insult. Especially when.bayern plays. It's getting annoying. I ignore it. But blaming ff about shitting up the thread is so much bullshit. Too bad you will not learn anyway.
Don't bother with him bla. Everytime I read his post I feel nothing but pitty for him. Don't give him that attention.

Marc

Thought that was obvious when he missed that sitter in the second half.

Nah mate, it was the pass.... Rooneh would have buried it otherwise like the big time player he clearly is.

Fucking Welbeck! *shakes fist*

Wilbur

Banned
United Rantcast, writtenoffmufc (a few notable United twitter accounts) putting the boot in for is having such little possession and playing like we did over this tie

Don't really agree, been shown often that it's a viable way to win against pep/Barca.

pappe

So the rebuilding has to start.

Out:
Young cleverley vidic evra rio

Needed:
New LB, backup CB, jones Smalling evans with him shud do.
A winger and a world class CM.

Keep hold of:
Kagawa Chicha at all costs.

It's distinctly RAWK/Redcafe/bluemoon/shedend-ish

That's reason enough, no?
Eh, not really. Complaining about that one particular issue -- if you can call it that -- in context of the other shite that goes on in here seems entirely trivial. Especially with consideration to the general tone of conversation -- it's not like we're classic interlocutors engaged in philosophical debate. If you can't throw out a flippant comment complete with silly, inconsequential, nickname on here, then what can you do?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Heh ;) he posted a VERY SIMILAR post after Madrid's loss..to some random La Liga team.

Madrid GAF and Barca GAF are in poor form lately. Because it's squeaky bum time innit

United Rantcast, writtenoffmufc (a few notable United twitter accounts) putting the boot in for is having such little possession and playing like we did over this tie

Don't really agree, been shown often that it's a viable way to win against pep/Barca.

It's dumbfuckery of the highest order. Would have gone much worse and you wouldn't even have had those 22 seconds of going through.

Heh ;) he posted a VERY SIMILAR post after Madrid's loss..to some random La Liga team.

Madrid GAF and Barca GAF are in poor form lately. Because it's squeaky bum time innit

I almost had like 5 heart attacks yesterday.

I understood perfectly that this year we aren't winning the champions, at least Barça is neither.

Wilbur

Banned
It's dumbfuckery of the highest order. Would have gone much worse and you wouldn't even have had those 22 seconds of going through.

Exactly. If we're as good a team as Bayern, we'll play like they did last season against Barca. We aren't. We played to our strengths (well, Moyes'). I agree that in the league we're far too conservative but people just saying "it's the United way" and ignoring very specific context (or accepting it and disagreeing anyway) is a bit annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom