• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT18| Coming Early by L. Piscium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. If we're as good a team as Bayern, we'll play like they did last season against Barca. We aren't. We played to our strengths (well, Moyes'). I agree that in the league we're far too conservative but people just saying "it's the United way" and ignoring very specific context (or accepting it and disagreeing anyway) is a bit annoying.

I'd rather lose 6-1 than draw 0-0

Said nobody with a functioning brain, ever.

Salvadora

Exactly. If we're as good a team as Bayern, we'll play like they did last season against Barca. We aren't. We played to our strengths (well, Moyes'). I agree that in the league we're far too conservative but people just saying "it's the United way" and ignoring very specific context (or accepting it and disagreeing anyway) is a bit annoying.
Wouldn't expect that criticism off United fans.

It's hardly like you are a possession based side and this is some massive change.

Wilbur

Banned
Would expect better off United fans.

It's hardly like you are a possession based side and this is some massive change.

Exactly. It's the ones with a mouthpiece though. The United rant one is doing the whole "the guy is offending me and still follows me" like beardedgenius does every time someone criticises him.

pulga

Banned
You are such a shit poster. Shouldn't posts like this be bannable?

Nope, but Im pretty sure insulting another member is.

Better pray Wes or such dont see this post or else you'll definitely become a ghost now!

Hahahahah im still laughing. Joke club.

Hixx

Did Moyes really admit to tapping up in his interview?

I mean... there's a scale of Fuckwit to Harry Redknapp and that shit is off the chart.

Did Moyes really admit to tapping up in his interview?

I mean... there's a scale of Fuckwit to Harry Redknapp and that shit is off the chart.

Well although that is obviously what it means, and all other clubs are doing it too, he didn't specifically say that. Just something about lots of players quietly expressing they would like to join despite no CL. Which could also mean they have talked to the clubs first and gotten permission and all...

scently

This thread in OT...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=107606150

:loooooooooool, love the Everton bit. Poor Farid.

God. This is so funny on so many levels. Its also ironic that Everton might actually make the top four.

As for the game; given the way Buttner played last tuesday I was hoping he would start. Evra has been such a defensive liability for such a long time now. Rooney had a really poor game. Should have been subbed. Carrick misplaced too many passes and is so slow in his decision making. This, after having such a fantastic game last week. This shows how much we lack quality in the middle of the park.

Fletcher did good and he has been our best midfielder this season, but that isn't saying much. Kagawa NEEDS to stay in this team. He is quality.

Le Sigh. Hopefully we can sign a few quality players and offload the duds in this team. Like clegg said, we already have a solid foundation, just need to add a few more pieces and we will be solid. Hopefully we can get back to the CL soon.

Oh, Moyes needs to go.

Kiraly

Im sorry but that's not true. Every non Madrid post of you is some kind of insult. Especially when.bayern plays. It's getting annoying. I ignore it. But blaming ff about shitting up the thread is so much bullshit. Too bad you will not learn anyway.

Whatever has Bayern got to do with this.

It's like a race to the bottom with the posts some write in this thread.

Rooney didn't deliver, but neither did Messi or Gotze or Neymar etc

Great players have bad days at the office, just like FM says.

They didn't have good games, but they also didn't have the chances Rooney had. Rooney had the easiest chances to score and just failed.

Moyes bottled it. He clearly has his favorites and has no balls. Fletcher was better than Carrick. Welbeck was better than Rooney.

Scum

FF, get rid of Tata, Mascherano and Pinto. Retire Xavi. They're going to cost you the league title.

Wilbur, sell Rooney. He disrupts the riddim at United.

Wooden, you're getting R. Madrid away 1st lge.

Hitch, and the rest of you, don't buy TLoU again.

Cappa

Banned
So far all those calling Cristiano Ronaldo a choker..... are you going to be saying the same about Messi?

I really hope so, or else you're just going to be looking like fools who know nothing about football. Well, one would argue with making a statement like that about Ronaldo would suffice about not knowing enough but .......

shocker.

Hixx

FF, get rid of Tata, Mascherano and Pinto. Retire Xavi. They're going to cost you the league title.

Wilbur, sell Rooney. He disrupts the riddim at United.

Wooden, you're getting R. Madrid away 1st lge.

Hitch, and the resr of you, don't buy TLoU again.

This is the worst advice in the history of written English.

Now Real should go full steam with all we got for la Decima, forget the Del Rey cup foget the league, just go all out for la decima!!

Come we can do it!

You know what they say, offence wins games, defense wins championships. And when you have at least one defender from Marcelo, Pepe and Ramos off for a red card, it's difficult to win championships.

Still, if a team can do it with 10 men, it would be Madrid, they certainly have the firepower to do it -- Ronnie, Bale, Di Maria, Benz, Isco.. I mean jesus.

pappe

They didn't have good games, but they also didn't have the chances Rooney had. Rooney had the easiest chances to score and just failed.

Moyes bottled it. He clearly has his favorites and has no balls. Fletcher was better than Carrick. Welbeck was better than Rooney.

Its not abt favourites in this case I feel.

Its about lack of guts to replace bigger names. Replacing Rooney and Carrick would raise questions from the press. Replacing Wellbeck and Fletcher dont.

scently

Rooney didn't deliver, but neither did Messi or Gotze or Neymar etc

Great players have bad days at the office, just like FM says.

Indeed. Which is why I don't get the ridiculous insults he has been getting. He is a good player but he had an off day. That is not a good reason to want him gone. RVP fluffed a bunch of chances in the Madrid match last season.

Wilbur

Banned
Indeed. Which is why I don't get the ridiculous insults he has been getting. He is a good player but he had an off day. That is not a good reason to want him gone. RVP fluffed a bunch of chances in the Madrid match last season.

I want him gone because he's a cunt who continually disrespects the club and then gets rewarded for it.

K1LLER7

Yep. Moyes has no balls. Can't have a manager who seems scared to take off top players, even though it would benefit the team.

Kagawa coming good this past month. Hope he can keep this up. Top player.

Wilbur

Banned
Rooney is bigger than Man United though.

800m Facebook likes or something.

:lol hicky please take him for your championship winning season

United players are always going off to you

You know, it must be semi-reassuring to know that even if you don't catch a superstar or a soon-to-be one, any reasonably talented CM will improve your side immensely.

Yeah kinda, but Fellaini is a reasonably talented CM. Need to buy well.

Clegg

You know, it must be semi-reassuring to know that even if you don't catch a superstar or a soon-to-be one, any reasonably talented CM will improve your side immensely.
That was the rationalising we did when Fellaini was signed.

Carvalho looks the real deal though.

Kikarian

Aye, he's scared of what Rooney will think if he takes him off.

The Hernandez sub should have been for Rooney and done earlier. It was clear Rooney was poor and unfit.

L1NETT

Hixx, pls. It's a con. If you're desperate to play it again, then just switch the fucking PS3 on. It's not hard.

Remakes aren't a con, Scum please

Buy Metro redux and tell me that's a con

Or Age of Mythology FOR GOD'S SAKE

:p

Nowt wrong with wanting a better version of great fucking games

Paying 50 squid, that's another issue...

Hixx

Hixx, pls. It's a con. If you're desperate to play it again, then just switch the fucking PS3 on. It's not hard.

It's one of the best games ever and they're making it better.

BETTER.

Now gimme GTA5 PS4 and Dark Souls 2 PS4 and I can sell my PS3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom