• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT18| Coming Early by L. Piscium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blablurn

:(

I just want you guys to have fun pls understand

The Evil Within's new trailer wowowowowo

He's right though Bla. If you keep the ball in their half, what do you expect them to do?

Offensive pressing. Thats how you beat Bayern.

Anyway, lets talk about Kagawa.

Where was he even playing yesterday? Left back? He defintely did well in those clashes against Robben in the first half. Good defensive work. He definitely looked up for the challenge the whole evening. But unfortunately he cannot do anything by himself.

But... he looks so different compared to his Dortmund days. Way slower and less explosive :( Really wonder what's going to happen with him after this season.

And Rooney? I can understand Wilburs hate now. One might think he would do a little bit more.

bullshit. there were enough bundesliga teams already this season who didnt park the bus and attacked bayern instead.

That's because they're stupid.

The whole point of Pep's system is possession. If a team maintains possession in the opponent's half, why on earth would the team be stretched? It makes no sense.

Fady K

I really like Barcelona but they deserved nothing yesterday; they need to lose and realize they can't get far with such pathetic defending and toothless attacking (like Romelu Lukaku said, why the heck were they crossing into the box when the players are mostly tiny?). This exposure should be good for them if they use their brains and buy right in the transfer market (a year from now due to the ban?)

Very toothless. I admire him highly but Messi was actually detrimental to the team yesterday. He had 2 *excellent* chances to score easily but fluffed both.

Atletico, what a journey they have been going through under Simeone, incredible stuff. Such great balance on the attack, the middle and the defense. THIS is the kind of balance I yearn for my team to obtain. And they did it so well without their, by far, key striker. They fully deserved it and were very, very unlucky not to have won the game by a 3, 4, or even 5 goal margin. If CFC don't get this title (which I highly doubt with our weaknesses), I'd love for Simeone to grab it. A *much* more balanced team than both Real and Bayern and they are a joy to watch.

As for United, it is incredibly odd. They held Bayern by the balls for the most part for a leg and a half and after that incredible goal they just collapsed strangely. Rooney's misses were ghastly; this, United fans, is how it feels watching CFC strikers most of the time. This is how it feels. Frustrating.

Congrats Fady. That Chelsea DNA.

Thank you very much subtles. Did not expect it after that really, really poor display in the 1st leg!

PSG's President Nasser Al Khelaifi after Demba Ba's goal last night
BkwnN6oCIAA40MA.jpg

Oh man, that just looks funny.

Blablurn

What a strange CL season so far. We played City, Arsenal and ManU already. It's only logical that we will encounter Chelsea at one point :/ God. That game will be freaking annoying if it happens.

tumblr_n3s23kxPAq1s9oyquo1_500.jpg

FootballFan

I really like Barcelona but they deserved nothing yesterday; they need to lose and realize they can't get far with such pathetic defending and toothless attacking (like Romelu Lukaku said, why the heck were they crossing into the box when the players are mostly tiny?). This exposure should be good for them if they use their brains and buy right in the transfer market (a year from now due to the ban?)

Very toothless. I admire him highly but Messi was actually detrimental to the team yesterday. He had 2 *excellent* chances to score easily but fluffed both.

Atletico, what a journey they have been going through under Simeone, incredible stuff. Such great balance on the attack, the middle and the defense. THIS is the kind of balance I yearn for my team to obtain. And they did it so well without their, by far, key striker. They fully deserved it and were very, very unlucky not to have won the game by a 3, 4, or even 5 goal margin. If CFC don't get this title (which I highly doubt with our weaknesses), I'd love for Simeone to grab it. A *much* more balanced team than both Real and Bayern and they are a joy to watch.

As for United, it is incredibly odd. They held Bayern by the balls for the most part for a leg and a half and after that incredible goal they just collapsed strangely. Rooney's misses were ghastly; this, United fans, is how it feels watching CFC strikers most of the time. This is how it feels. Frustrating.

Thank you very much subtles. Did not expect it after that really, really poor display in the 1st leg!

Oh man, that just looks funny.

Hello Fady,

I agree with the Barcelona assessment. Very bad performances by so many of our most vital players. Neymar was the only one who can really walk off that pitch with his head held high. He was electric at times. I think the injury to Valdes was super detrimental to our defensive confidence. I mean Pinto was trying to dribble/pass his way out of situations which even the most skilled outfield players would struggle to get out of. He and especially Mascherano really need to leave. The sooner the better in my opinion.

Congrats on advancing to the semis.

Blablurn

biim2.gif

au44mbK.gif

Bayern lebt.

sorry about barcelona :( saw the highlights yesterday. dont you think that something is wrong with messi? sometimes he shows up like in the madrid matches and sometimes you just see him jogging around like in the city or athletico matches. maybe he is a lil burned out? he played on fire for years now. not sure if the world cup will really benefit him this year :(

fuenf

What a strange CL season so far. We played City, Arsenal and ManU already. It's only logical that we will encounter Chelsea at one point :/ God. That game will be freaking annoying if it happens.

tumblr_n3s23kxPAq1s9oyquo1_500.jpg

It'll happen but we'll make it. footyGAF underrates Bayern and overrates everyone else.

Chelsea were on the verge of crashing out, drew Gala away and lost to PSG away. Madrid will fear even setting a single foot into a German stadium again thanks to Dortmund and Atletico had a piss easy run into the quarters, before taking out a domestic rival. Atletico defeating Barca doesnt mean that blueprint would automatically work against Bayern who work far harder than Barca, defend better and usually are way more efficient. For comparison yesterdays distance covered: Bayern 117km, Atletico 110km, Barca 107km.

Blablurn

It'll happen but we'll make it. footyGAF underrates Bayern and overrates everyone else.

Chelsea were on the verge of crashing out, drew Gala away and lost to PSG away. Madrid will fear even setting a single foot into a German stadium again thanks to Dortmund and Atletico had a piss easy run into the quarters, before taking out a domestic rival. Atletico defeating Barca doesnt mean that blueprint would automatically work against Bayern who work far harder than Barca, defend better and usually are way more efficient. For comparison yesterdays distance covered: Bayern 117km, Atletico 110km, Barca 107km.

Love your optimism #MiaSanMia

Yeah, Bayern players were running like Maniacs. Well, they also had a nice rest last Saturday lol. Fuck the critics for blaming Bayern for not using the normal starters. Pep was right all along. Gonna be interesting who is playing on Saturday against Münchhausen, eh Dortmund.

fuenf

Love your optimism #MiaSanMia

Yeah, Bayern players were running like Maniacs. Well, they also had a nice rest last Saturday lol. Fuck the critics for blaming Bayern for not using the normal starters. Pep was right all along. Gonna be interesting who is playing on Saturday against Münchhausen, eh Dortmund.

reminded me so much of last season. Mandzu working his butt off, Ribery / Robben tracking back + fighting for every ball, Lahm being all over the pitch. For the first time this season they were absolutely determined to get the needed result. It was amazing seeing Robben celebrate his assist and Müller's goal.

FootballFan

sorry about barcelona :( saw the highlights yesterday. dont you think that something is wrong with messi? sometimes he shows up like in the madrid matches and sometimes you just see him jogging around like in the city or athletico matches. maybe he is a lil burned out? he played on fire for years now. not sure if the world cup will really benefit him this year :(

Physically he seemed fine but I can't know for certain, and mentally I think he has proved over the past month that he is god-tier in that regard.

It's just that sometimes when Messi is absolutely engulfed by opposition players he cant affect the match as much as he would like and needs to drop deep to start something.

He obviously can absolutely individually dominate a team. BUT his team mates need to be able to help him by performing when he can not. And do so by creating space for him, making dummy runs, giving him options for the outpass, taking their chances.

Today no matter how good physically and mentally he may have felt, his team mates were no better. Not all of them because Neymar was quite good and he even provided a great pass or two for Messi who should have done better with his opportunities. Jordi Alba played well too. Xavi made a great pass for Neymar who should have scored as well. But it is what it is.

Messi wasn't the only bad player. Pinto and Mascherano were dreadful, it is painful to watch. Iniesta, Busquets and Xavi really really did not play at high enough level today either.

I mean you had players on the edge of their own box knowing that Atletico is pressing high, trying to dribble out of insane positions instead of flinging it up the field to relieve some pressure on themselves. This is the curse of that mindset that you need to pass it out or dribble out of situations at all times instead smashing the ball up the field for a breather.

OH WELL M8.

Zabojnik

PSG will be even more desperate to sign Pogba now. We have to take advantage of that. Fuck 70M€. Marry, we can go higher. Ask for Bale money, settle for 85M€.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
PSG will be even more desperate to sign Pogba now. We have to take advantage of that. Fuck 70M€. Marry, we can go higher. Ask for Bale money, settle for 85M€.

It's definitely going to be Madrid, Zabo.

at this point I just want him to leave
We must keep Lindegaard. I know how Juve fans felt when they lost Nargi. I don't want to experience that.

oh don't remind me :((

That's the new HBO show? Should probably boot up the app tonight and check it out.

Amos is a better backup.

I hate Amos. I don't like Johnstone either. We have a good Swiss keeper in the youth ranks. I've been impressed with him, but he still has a long way to go.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Get in Vidic!
PSG, Madrid, whatever. Bring on the bidding war of the millenium!

I'd spend it all on Suarez.

ALL OF IT

but we are no Madrid, so he'll just say ":lol no". God, I hope they slap them with a transfer ban too.

and Platini should FFP the likes of PSG and City. And then – and only then – will we win the CL qualify to the last 16.

Oxx

I only watched the first half last night. I don't know why I do that. Nothing ever happens in the first half unless you are Liverpool.

subtles

Please define beautiful.

To Xavi, Tiki Taka is the most wondrous form of football. To Pep it is the most expressive form of elegance.

Big Sam has his own concept of beautiful football.

Jack cw

reminded me so much of last season. Mandzu working his butt off, Ribery / Robben tracking back + fighting for every ball, Lahm being all over the pitch. For the first time this season they were absolutely determined to get the needed result. It was amazing seeing Robben celebrate his assist and Müller's goal.

Indeed, this was basically a Bayern 2013 match. Honestly, I never had the slightest doubt that we could lose this game after the first few minutes. I was thinking in half time that even if United scored with a lucky punch, that we manage to score at least 2 goals. It's amazing to see that Pep apparently played a 4-1-4-1 that became a 4-1-5 when in attack. I posted that line up 2 days ago and Jupp was calling me crazy...

Anyway, the reaction after Evras goal was amazing. Bayern just speed up the pace again and basically overrun United and Rafinha in and Lahm in midfield was the key to get the ball quicker to Ribery and Robben. I must admit that this game went very similar to the 2012 final against Chelsea where we couldnt really break through the defence but Pep did the right subsitution. Something Heynckes failed 2 years ago.

I'm pretty confindent that we make it into the final, because we turned that game around and came back and the fact that Pep is able to switch between his and Heynckes kind of play. But as Robben said, it doesnt matter who the next opponent is, they will all play like United, even Real.

Blablurn

It's quite beautiful if the other team is not intent on parking the bus. For all the shit Guardiola gets, we've seen incredibly beautiful football in Bundesliga this season. Even people that really dislike Bayern told me stuff like "Well, I hate them, but that's some fine football".

btw, our defense deserves some recognition after yesterdays game. we basically played with 2 CB in the defense. and they made no mistakes throughout the whole 90 minutes. and we're talking about a CL game here. who knew that boateng would become a good defender at one point.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
It's quite beautiful if the other team is not intent on parking the bus. For all the shit Guardiola gets, we've seen incredibly beautiful football in Bundesliga this season. Even people that really dislike Bayern told me stuff like "Well, I hate them, but that's some fine football".

Subjective innit. To me, you're (quite easily) more boring than Barcelona this season.

Jack cw

Subjective innit. To me, you're (quite easily) more boring than Barcelona this season.

Its a good sign when its boring, because that means domination. Guardiola isnt an idiot Yurt. He knows we have around 80 games a season and he needs to find a way to keep all the players healthy and mentally fit. With his kind of posession play the opposition has to run more, Bayern can rest and isnt forced into tackles all the time which decreases the risk for injuries. This kind of tiki taka gave us the results this season and United was the first case where this kind of play wasnt enough, we had to give 100% to turn things around. And I think thats because we had some fuel left in the tank because of that not so intense tiki taka. I know it might look boring to the non Bayern fans, but we cant simply play every season like the last one. We were driven by the 2012 defeat against Chelsea and the humiliation Dortmund gave us. Look at BVB now, all that emotional and physically intensive football cost a price with many injuries and fatigue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom