• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT18| Coming Early by L. Piscium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxx

Moyes should have played Giggs, even for just 5 mins last night.

What a cunt.

Bk2PJZdCYAABpdA.jpg

Ouch.

Giggs should join Man City for next season.

subtles

The Swiss Ramble timeline makes for an interesting read as they dissect the PL accounts.

Manchester City stands out in several categories when compared to the rest of the PL.

The one thing that's annoying me the most about Pep's tiki taka is that according to Bayern fans (or Barca a few years ago) the other teams play "anti football" and only park the bus against them.

While that may be true on paper, what the fuck can you do when the opposing team passes the ball without any mistakes? You'll obviously get pushed back in defense, there's only so much you can do with attacking early and playing a high defensive line.

FootballFan

Just imagine this thread if Bayern win the CL.

Imagine Bla.

Imagine the Pep arguments

Imagine football is alive/dead

Imagine the "Fuck Bayern"s at an all-time high.

Football gods pls.

Do it for the football thread.

GorillaJu

The one thing that's annoying me the most about Pep's tiki taka is that according to Bayern fans (or Barca a few years ago) the other teams play "anti football" and only park the bus against them.

While that may be true on paper, what the fuck can you do when the opposing team passes the ball without any mistakes? You'll obviously get pushed back in defense, there's only so much you can do with attacking early and playing a high defensive line.

This is just the same argument that comes up every time. Ultimately you can complain all you want but if you can't score against ultra defensive teams it doesn't mean they played anti-football it means you ran out of ideas. And you have to take partial blame if you pack the midfield and just pass the ball around because there aren't many effective ways to deal with that except defend and hope for a good counter attack.

If you bring your center backs into the attack then they're going to bring their strikers into defense. The game is most fun to watch when you have energetic, fluid teams going at each other in an open game, which is why teams like Southampton have been so popular this year, and Bayern was last year.

Jack cw

I suppose you could say Bayern played well against Arsenal if we go along with your "boring is good" thought.
Honestly, the first 20 minutes of the first leg were thrilling but after that, there was only us trying to win the games. And to me, Bayern played very well against Arsenal and United.

That is the point. I said it here more than 20 times that you cant beat Bayern by simply parking the bus and wait for a lucky strike like Evras. We are not 2012s Bayern anymore where this is enough for the opposition to do. Look at all the games we struggled: High pressing against Bayerns full backs and holding midfielders waiting for a chance to steal the ball and quick counters. That is a highly diffucult kind of play as it needs decent players and understanding of tactics. That worked against Barca in the past and Bayern now. I dont judge and say playing only to survive without doing something to score is a bad thing. No, its legit and always works but its not how you can beat this Bayern squad.

Blablurn

Van Gaal did possessions play as well. Heynckes too. Dortmund still destroyed us 2 years in a row.

Bayern is trying possession based football since Van Gaal came. When you think possession based football under Pep is boring, watch Bayern between 2009 and 2011. We were crap crap crap. That was boring.

FootballFan

People are dumb for blaming either side imo. When you sit back and look at the scenario you see there is nothing wrong with it.

Anyone that blames Pep for completely dominating and controlling the ball is foolish. "Why is he making it so hard for the other team to get the ball??! What a cunt. Why isn't he letting them have it so they can score :(. Pls stop winning"

Same goes for people shitting on teams that defend hard against Tiki Taka. You are forced back. Unless you play ridiculously disciplined and pressure for the whole 95 minutes, then you will concede if you don't squeeze up back there. "they are all in their box. Why aren't they just letting us run through and tap it in. killing football."

edit
Didn't even mention. It's really bad for the thread too imo. It's hard reading and enjoying the thread when that shit starts going. It is the same as when Madrid fans cry about the ref
Elche

Almost reminds me of trying to read the thread during the Evra/Suarez thing, obviously not half as bad..
not really almost. I hated this thread during that incident

Honestly, the first 20 minutes of the first leg were thrilling but after that, there was only us trying to win the games. And to me, Bayern played very well against Arsenal and United.

That is the point. I said it here more than 20 times that you cant beat Bayern by simply parking the bus and wait for a lucky strike like Evras. We are not 2012s Bayern anymore where this is enough for the opposition to do. Look at all the games we struggled: High pressing against Bayerns full backs and holding midfielders waiting for a chance to steal the ball and quick counters. That is a highly diffucult kind of play as it needs decent players and understanding of tactics. That worked against Barca in the past and Bayern now. I dont judge and say playing only to survive without doing something to score is a bad thing. No, its legit and always works but its not how you can beat this Bayern squad.

Moyes ball worked until Rooney decided he wanted to become Bambi.

But in all the games you struggled, you also had the majority of possession, right?

It's still being in defense most of the time. The difference is you need to attack at the right times and start good counter attacks. United's approach was right. But I think they lack the quality in DM/CM to actually give Bayern hell.

Kosma

Banned
Tiki taka is fucking boring, I blame the Dutch for this :(

Sure statistically you are going to win more if you can pull it off, but it is so snooozeee.

I wish Ajax would stop trying to do this and just go balls out.

Anyone that blames Pep for completely dominating and controlling the ball is foolish. "Why is he making it so hard for the other team to get the ball??! What a cunt. Why isn't he letting them have it so they can score :(. Pls stop winning"

No one said that.

The whole debate came from Jupp saying United parked the bus. That's why I responded with "teams have to do that when going up against Pep teams." I never said he should change. If people say he should change it's more because they find it boring rather than it being unfair. Nothing to do with winning.

Van Gaal did possessions play as well. Heynckes too. Dortmund still destroyed us 2 years in a row.

Bayern is trying possession based football since Van Gaal came. When you think possession based football under Pep is boring, watch Bayern between 2009 and 2011. We were crap crap crap. That was boring.

Yeah, that's why I said Pep's tiki taka. Van Gaal's defense was just a mess, thus making it worth to attack/risk something. Heynckes improved the defense a lot last season or was it Martinez? Doesn't matter, anyway.

Have you seen the Other Operating Income?
(Sale of intellectual property and the like)

What City are doing is amazing.

Well it's amazing that they're buying other businesses wholesale in order to license their IP to them so that they can get round FFP.

Take that in for a moment: Buying whole businesses to circumvent FFP. Makes a mockery of the whole thing when you can afford to do that.

Zabojnik

How are you?

Pretty awesome, actually. Just got my tax return in the mail, a none too shabby 800 EUR.

Who would want to talk about Euro league or Serie A in the first place?

Your league was shit once, it will be shit again. Cycles. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Deep down inside

Do you want your Thursdays back too?

I just want DS2 to come out already. I have to find something to play in the meantime, but I don't know what. I think I'm in the mood for a side-scrolling action/adventure game with boss fights. Any recommendations?

Who's the best Fifa player (PS4) in this thread?

Blaburn.

Kosma

Banned
You know what has REALLY killed football?

The European Union and their labour laws. Everything else just flows from that. Back when you could only have 2 players from a different country playing money wasn't as big of an issue as now.

Fucking labour laws changed everything and ruined football.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom