• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT18| Coming Early by L. Piscium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
No one gives a shit about Tiki-taka in England, which is why the PL is genuinely the most entertaining league in the world.

except for Martinez, I guess.

FootballFan

No one said that.

The whole debate came from Jupp saying United parked the bus. That's why I responded with "teams have to do that when going up against Pep teams." I never said he should change. If people say he should change it's more because they find it boring rather than it being unfair. Nothing to do with winning.

lol I didn't even see your post m8! I was just saying in general, people that hate either style for being "boring" can whine but in the end, if it gets the win it won't matter how they did it.

For example, other than some crazy person like Elsk(RIP), which Bayern fan would be upset if Bayern boring tinki tonka'd their way to being the first team to win the CL twice in a row? None.

Jack cw

But in all the games you struggled, you also had the majority of possession, right?

It's still being in defense most of the time. The difference is you need to attack at the right times and start good counter attacks. United's approach was right. But I think they lack the quality in DM/CM to actually give Bayern hell.

Yes, thats because of our players being worldclass with the ball and confident enough to play vertical passes from midfield to the oppositions box and back. Risky, but thats how Barca played under Pep and Bayern under him now.

There is a diffierence in tactics. On paper the posession is the only data that Xavi is interested in, but we had for example only 35% posession against Barca too in the last years semis and everyone was hyping Bayerns playstile like crazy. The difference is that we let them play their game until they reached our side of the pitch and we attacked that aggressively and every counter was a goal. Just like you did in 2011 and 12 against us too. Barcas tiki taka was boring because it resulted in nothing, our tiki taka is a mean to tire out the opposition and start attacking with Robben and Ribery. United tried that but lacked the players and many other Budnesliga teams simply dont have that many players that have the skill to play like that.

You dont need to be a genius to see how to beat Bayern. The key is to have less posession, but you need a capable midfield and fast counter players that could finish and not just hoping that defending with 10 men will somehow save you.

Jack cw

No one gives a shit about Tiki-taka in England, which is why the PL is genuinely the most entertaining league in the world.

Depends on your point of view I guess. If you like to watch just for your entertainment, then yes, this box to box or kick and rush style of play is entertaining. Looks like every tactic is legit as long as it has success.

Kosma

Banned

Its why its the only league I like to watch

Shame Ajax can't join it

Dutch league is nice cause its pretty even

subtles

Well it's amazing that they're buying other businesses wholesale in order to license their IP to them so that they can get round FFP.

Take that in for a moment: Buying whole businesses to circumvent FFP. Makes a mockery of the whole thing when you can afford to do that.
I won't go so far as to call it admirable, as it is anything but, that said; the way that they've gone about comprehensively dismantling these regulations is incredible. They're most certainly going on another spending spree this summer while other less 'prudent' clubs are having their practices called into question. Some of which could barely afford Borini.

FFP is only making City waste more resources to appear book friendly.

I bare no ill will to the club but I do wonder what the benefit of FFP to the average club is.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Depends on your point of view I guess. If you like to watch just for your entertainment, then yes, this box to box or kick and rush style of play is entertaining. Looks like every tactic is legit as long as it has success.

Well that's why I watch Football. :p

Fuck the PL.

whyy
KuGsj.gif

Its why its the only league I like to watch

Shame Ajax can't join it

Dutch league is nice cause its pretty even

your players can!
3AQmK.gif
3AQmK.gif

FootballFan

Fuck the PL.

KidA, pls give me a report on Januzaj's performance. I saw him get subbed in. Pep was probably shitting himself.

I had the game open but could not watch it due to my eyes being stuck on the Atletico game...eyes filled with hope, only to die at the hands of Pinto and Mascherano.

Blablurn

KidA, pls give me a report on Januzaj's performance. I saw him get subbed in. Pep was probably shitting himself.

I had the game open but could not watch it due to my eyes being stuck on the Atletico game...eyes filled with hope, only to die at the hands of Pinto and Mascherano.

he did as much as in those gifs KidA is always posting

januzay_does nothing_in_gif.gif

FootballFan

Almost a conclusive answer. If anybody ever wants to play, shoot me a PM.

Okay, serious answer.

Don't even try to compete with IRAQIcitizen. He is top defender in world of clubs. you will never have the honour of playing alongside him.

I have no idea if Shatner actually plays.

Freewheelin is almost as bad as he is in Last of Us.

I am UCK_MY_ICK, add me if you want. But I live in New Zealand and people make excuses about lag.

Blablurn only plays PES vs Rvy 24/7.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I'd take him over Ramos.

But we ̶a̶̶r̶̶e̶ already ̶d̶̶e̶̶a̶̶d̶ signed Ramos.

your scouts were in Italy (for the 5th time?!) watching Immobile last week.

you could do much worse. Like Ramos.

Zabojnik

Exor (Agnelli's investment company) posted a net profit of over 2 billion euros. Is 80M€ for Juve's transfers too much to ask for, you bastards? Fuck Ferrari and Formula 1. It's a shit sport anyway.

Clegg

Januzaj did about as much as £40m Gotze did over the two legs.

Kosma

Banned
Guys help me out here.

If EU law makes it so that a team has to be allowed to play foreigners, wouldn't EU law also make it so that a team from any country can join any league?

I think it would be illegal not to allow PSG or Ajax join the PL as it obstructs free market as the EUSSR envisions it.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Exor (Agnelli's investment company) posted a net profit of over 2 billion euros. Is 80M€ for Juve's transfers too much to ask for, you bastards? Fuck Ferrari and Formula 1. It's a shit sport anyway.

it hurts sometimes, you know :(

L'Avvocato we have to go back

"Roma merda"

Bk2jBhHCUAAwWt_.jpg:large

Bwahahaha. Looks like someone forgot to edit that ticker. A bianconero bro for sure. <3

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Well that's why I watch Football. :p

whyy
KuGsj.gif

your players can!
3AQmK.gif
3AQmK.gif

I don't care about the league as a whole. I only care about United and I've seen some of the most awful football ever.

He only had like two touches. A shit shot and a dribble where one of the 3 players surrounding him fouled him.

Fady K

I think Heyncke's Bayern were more inventive though, not taking as many unnecessary touches and all.

Hello Fady,

I agree with the Barcelona assessment. Very bad performances by so many of our most vital players. Neymar was the only one who can really walk off that pitch with his head held high. He was electric at times. I think the injury to Valdes was super detrimental to our defensive confidence. I mean Pinto was trying to dribble/pass his way out of situations which even the most skilled outfield players would struggle to get out of. He and especially Mascherano really need to leave. The sooner the better in my opinion.

Congrats on advancing to the semis.

It was so strange; even with their destructive defensive styles they are capable of much more. It felt like some did not bother to show up. Neymar tried at times, true, which is more than can be said about much of the team. Mascherano in particular was horribly disappointing; Scary if the FIFA ban stands and Pinto is 1st choice keeper at Barca for a year!

WJD

I am most certainly the best FIFA player here. Held clubs together when I wasn't getting kicked out due to wireless only connection ;_;

--

Since there's nothing left to play for this season it's time start looking at rebuilding. This team:

---------------- Rooney ---------------
Kagawa ------- Mata ------- Winger
----------- Willy C --- CM ------------
Coentrao - Evans - Jones - Rafael
---------------- De Gea ----------------

*With "winger" being Januzaj/Valencia/Reus(lol)/Griezmann(?) and "CM" being someone really top class like Kroos/Gundogan, however unlikely they may be.

Would have pace, balls, composure and a substantial goal threat and if we didn't have Europa league, should really be challenging for the title again.

Weaknesses would still lie in our injury prone defence and a quality CB would be nice, but fucking hell, if Moyes didn't have us at the very least in the top four around christmas time with that, he should be out the door.

A bit of positivity. It's all we have left.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I think Heyncke's Bayern were more inventive though, not taking as many unnecessary touches and all.

It was so strange; even with their destructive defensive styles they are capable of much more. It felt like some did not bother to show up. Neymar tried at times, true, which is more than can be said about much of the team. Mascherano in particular was horribly disappointing; Scary if the FIFA ban stands and Pinto is 1st choice keeper at Barca for a year!

Hi Fady

Is Neymar a flop?

Would you rather have Bale?

Is Tiki taka boring?

I don't care about the league as a whole.
Welcome to the Amici di Nessuno club! <3 ;)

FootballFan

Are you playing with Barca? I only play with Bayern which is tough since they don't have overpowered players like Messi, CR7 or Bale :p

Bla, I clearly said YNWA at the bottom. Used Liverpool m8.

How is using Bayern tough lol. Wtf. I'd win Div 1 like 60-1-0 with Bayern.

I am most certainly the best FIFA player here. Held clubs together when I wasn't getting kicked out due to wireless only connection ;_;

--

Since there's nothing left to play for this season it's time start looking at rebuilding. This team:

*With "winger" being Januzaj/Valencia/Reus(lol)/Griezmann(?)

t.

datholdupplayy9ibe3.png

FootballFan

*With "winger" being Januzaj/Valencia/Reus(lol)/Griezmann(?) and "CM" being someone really top class like Kroos/Gundogan, however unlikely they may be.

Would have pace, balls, composure and a substantial goal threat and if we didn't have Europa league, should really be challenging for the title again.

Weaknesses would still lie in our injury prone defence and a quality CB would be nice, but fucking hell, if Moyes didn't have us at the very least in the top four around christmas time with that, he should be out the door.

A bit of positivity. It's all we have left.

Since we're doing that, I might join in:

Team for next season:

---Neymar---Messi---

Oh wait we can't fucking do transfers. Stuck with fucking Pinto and Mascherano for 2 years.

Kill me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom