• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT18| Coming Early by L. Piscium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Klopp's Dortmund at their peak gets my heart racing the most. It's just fucking mental intensity mixed with skill along with some kind of shock-and-awe counter attacking football. It's brutal and lovely in equal measure.

Give me that Simeone Atletico style please :3

this pls

Although I do like all the tippy-tappy stuff when Arsenal score a goal and do it in style. I do wish sometimes that the players would press and win the ball back as quickly as possible, then break with 4 or 5 players running toward the goal. Our current style is predictable and slow. When it works tho, my god.

Klopp's Dortmund at their peak gets my heart racing the most. It's just fucking mental intensity mixed with skill along with some kind of shock-and-awe counter attacking football. It's brutal and lovely in equal measure.

I would almost like to see him, trying to get Rooney to work for the team and fit into the system.

Top striker, top midfielder, and can Ginkel will play and Zouma will come home. All their loan youths will be sold like raw flesh.

Dem FFP profits innit

Mmmmmmm. This too.

Atletico pressed like mad men for the first quarter of the game against Barca, it was marvellous to watch.

In recent times whenever a smaller club has gotten a big result it's because of constant pressing until they get a result, sometimes this can be slightly too intense which can tire the team leaving them open to attack. What Atletico did the other night was press and press until they got their goal then regress slightly and play great counter-attacking football.

Such a joy.

Wilbur

Banned
Will go for him no doubt, think the question is if he wants to go to England.

Then also a left back, most likely Shaw. At least one CM/DM will happen too. No idea who, maybe we will let United do Koke's medical and take him from there. Expecting some bid for Barkley too.

I wonder if Shaw is prepared to be a back up though assuming Azpi is starter, when he could go and be first choice at Liverpool or United.

van Ginkel to come back, and someone to play alongside Matic. Chelsea gonna be real scary next season.

I like Atletico's more. Everything you've just listed there but whereas Dortmund will press and harry, Atletico got no qualms fucking snapping and ripping at you like pitbulls as well. It's fucking incredible to watch. Love them both though.

I think they're a bit better in possession as well, or games that they should be controlling.

Wilbur

Banned
Examine the abilities of both Lucas and Sandro post-injury before you say that with any huge confidence.

I'd imagine such an injury at this age is probably going to damage his development quite substantially.

Yeah, I guess so. Think they'll ease him in though, I reckon Lampard will stay another year.

Examine the abilities of both Lucas and Sandro post-injury before you say that with any huge confidence.

I'd imagine such an injury at this age is probably going to damage his development quite substantially.

Kaboul's been brass as well since he came back imo. Different positions, but still

Although it hurt to loss last year against them it was totally deserved. That first match was fucking fantastic.

Arnie

Yeah, I guess so. Think they'll ease him in though, I reckon Lampard will stay another year.

Which makes them somewhat less frightening.

Fat Frank's a fucking flump. Doesn't have Gerrard's versatility and can't really barrel into the box anymore.

In other news I'm buying Chinese.

I wonder if Shaw is prepared to be a back up though assuming Azpi is starter, when he could go and be first choice at Liverpool or United.

Azpilicueta could be a starter... On his actual position on the right, and play on the left when needed. Terry had a great season overall, but he's not getting any younger, Ivan could get lots of games in there and also on the right because of rotation.

I'm expecting Luiz to be sold.

Yeah I'm not expecting him to ever make it tbh. I also don't think Lampard will stay though.

Azpilicueta could be a starter... On his actual position on the right, and play on the left when needed. Terry had a great season overall, but he's not getting any younger, Ivan could get lots of games in there and also on the right because of rotation.

I'm expecting Luiz to be sold.

luiz will be sold to barcelone i can almost guarentee JOSE won't keep him, only reason his being used as cdm right know is because matic can't play in it this season, im hoping for shaw to sign as this will move brana back to center back and cesar back on the right back pos.

shaw will be starter @ chelsea no doubt cole might leave @ end of the season.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
http://mashable.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/crying-waterfalls.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]
YOU DID THIS TO YOURSELF.
[quote="The_Hitcher89, post: 107798016"]Genuine spoilers:

[SPOILER]Calling it the Red Wedding, along with the way people talk about it (shock factor and everything), must make it so obvious what happens to people who haven't read or watched it.[/SPOILER][/QUOTE]
Exactly!
[quote="Baconsaurus Rex, post: 107798403"][SPOILER]The worst is people telling latecomers "Oh you thought that was bad? Wait till you get to the RED WEDDING!" herp derp [/SPOILER][/QUOTE]

"I DON'T KNOW WHATS REAL ANYMORE" --Bacon-kun

<3 [img]http://i.imgur.com/KuGsj.gif

Who wants to wear this piece of tat?

TrueDetectiveSketchMensTShirt_SpaghettiMonster_White_18.jpg

so whats the name of the miami team?

i really hoping they keep it just that " MIAMI" i seen on google with name like " miami vice, with the mk don badge esque to it, looks good but the name is awful.

i really hoping they keep it just that " MIAMI" i seen on google with name like " miami vice, with the mk don badge esque to it, looks good but the name is awful.

The Miami Shark Tornadoes.

and yeah, expect Luiz to go to Barca too. Mou probably wouldn't mind him gone, Luiz would love to go to Barca and Barca needs a CB... or two.

Slizz

No clue. Beckhams too busy creating like 5 other brands. Think he just inked a deal with a whiskey company today.

JonnyBrad

He's a Chelsea fan as well which will probably be the clincher. It depends how much money Utd will be spunking around. Liverpool won't be able to match offers in terms of wages. There is talk that Johnson maybe on his way though.

Salvadora

Pep's Barcelona from 2009-2011 is the best, most beautiful team of recent time.

Better than Jupp's Bayern.

People have a short memory.

Bud pls. Where are you?

Jupp's Bayern is better than Pep's. This is Pep's first season tho.
Barcelona from the years 2009-2011 were absolutely breathtaking and undoubtedly the best team I've ever seen.

But, despite saying that, it was a breathe of fresh air to see Jupp's Bayern.

L1NETT

Right then, mighty Bradford City about to in comic style get our asses handed to us by fatty Steve Evans

It's live on Sky if you want to point and laugh.

Meier

The way we played earlier this year when everyone was healthy was absolutely insane. Just completely rampant, looking like we'd score 5-10 in every match. It was beautiful. Hopefully we see it on Sunday with Aguero back but he'll probably go off injured in 30 minutes again. :(

hiroshawn

Banned
One of my side bets

Event 1: Real Valladolid at Osasuna
Selection: Real Valladolid to win

Event 2: Eintracht Frankfurt at FC Schalke 04
Selection: FC Schalke 04 to win

Event 3: Olympique de Marseille at Montpellier
Selection: Montpellier to win

Event 4: Brann at Sandnes Ulf

Selection: Tie to win ++++++++++++Match ended 1-1++

Event 5: Djurgardens If at Mjallby Aif