• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT18| Coming Early by L. Piscium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus Christ Cola :lol :lol

Shall we not call Carlsberg beer? It's lager, and out of the ones served the most in the UK it's by far and away the worst.

Fucking awwwwwwwwwwful

Linius

Good thing the word cunt is back eh mate :lol

FootballFan

Warning, spoilers

Warning, spoilers

Warning, spoilers

Warning, spoilers

Should I watch Gravity still if
I already know one of the main characters is a ghost
I really dislike knowing vital plot points in films before I see them.

Who the hell told you that? lol

Linius

Before Bud is gonna tell me again that there are movies made before the zeroes I'm gonna watch Manhattan now. See y'all later.

Abraxas

One of the things i love most in the US is the micro-brewery fad. It leads to some great loacal beers, especially when restaurants in the area get in on it.

Clegg

So will United fans stop kidding themselves into believing that Moyes is getting a second year?

Not sure you've got that quite right.
I still think he's getting a second year.

Mainly because Klopp and Someone are too committed to their respective clubs.

Wilbur

Banned
If I ask my mate to get me a beer he'll come back with a nice Budvar or something.

I I asked for a lager......fuck me I might get a Carlsberg back.

Well I'm sorry we're not as cultured here as you are oop north

If my mate asks for a beer I come back with the cheapest thing in a fucking green bottle m8

"nathan that's apple juice"
"ok"

Jesus is apparently leaving at end of the season to manage a team in the...

wait for it

... Premier League.

unconfirmed rumour, take it as such.

Well I'm sorry we're not as cultured here as you are oop north

If my mate asks for a beer I come back with the cheapest thing in a fucking green bottle m8

"nathan that's apple juice"
"ok"

It's just so shit, I try to avoid lager as much as I can, unless I'm in the SU where it's 1.50 a pint.

scently

Yeah I'm struggling not to be rather worried by that tbh.

Actually, while it might seem worrying that he refused the offer, I am rather optimistic as it means that we are looking for an alternative/replacement for Moyes. That is good news. Of course this is assuming that this bit of information is true. If it is, then it seems that the board are waiting to make sure that we are not going to qualify for the CL before they sack him.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Nah, not played it yet. Been non-stop football all day, will get on it after my din-dins

Is there a good place to farm effigies on the off-chance I run out?

edit: The dogs by McDuff, caught the edit :)

Make sure you wear your +drops/luck ring.

and use a Rusted Coin, even though it's useless.

subtles

Guys, I want to start season 2 of Hannibal but I'm engrossed in Mad Men and Boardwalk.

I know it's only a few episodes but I can't bring myself to do it.

deroli

I rather take a meaningless 0:3 today than last May

If you win the treble, which is IMO the most likely scenario, today's match will be forgotten when you lift the CL trophy. But if that doesn't occur, because another Finale daheim happens, more key players get injured or the referee just fucks with you, everyone will look back and say that today's defeat was the season's turning point.
Just like last year's supercup victory against us was München's most important win on the road to the treble according to Mr. Weltklasse. Because Bayern finally started believing in themselves blablabla. Or the win against Chelsea in the european supercup was this season's most important match, because it could have been the second title you lost and then the whole seasons would have been so much more difficult... bullshit.
Chances are slim, but it is a possibility. And it would be really really funny.

Believe.

Actually, while it might seem worrying that he refused the offer, I am rather optimistic as it means that we are looking for an alternative/replacement for Moyes. That is good news. Of course this is assuming that this bit of information is true. If it is, then it seems that the board are waiting to make sure that we are not going to qualify for the CL before they sack him.

You're right there. And it makes sense we weren't looking for replacements until CL exit was ensured given the presumed clauses in his contract. I just hope we're looking at the right people. LvG suggests we are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom