• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT18| Coming Early by L. Piscium

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep listening to the XFM radio shows over and over again, it gets a bit boring round series 2 when there's a lot of the same stories coming up but most of it is just golden

You never see an old man shove a twix up his arse. Going through the Guide Tos at the moment, so coming the the end of the cycle before I start series 1 of the radio show all over again.

I sometimes just remember a bit from the radio shows, and burst out laughing. Like when Ricky says 'this is the worst radio show we've ever done, are you gonna sort it out for next week?' and Karl responds by saying 'well, that's what we'll leave them with' as if that's a teaser to make the listeners tune in the next week.

YMMV is a shite acronym to become popular. Who the fuck says 'you milage may vary' in real life? Nobody, that's who.

If God exists, Kompany will be out, and Aguero on the bench.

dc89

wtzgU.gif

Who the hell is Tyron Lannister.

The only reason i want us to keep Pogba for slightly longer is to see that price go up even further. Not because of his football skills.

Really neither Pogba (or Bale or Neymar) are worth the money they cost. When Zidane left Juventus he was already at that time the best player in the world, proven fact, so Madrid paying 40 million for him back then made perfect sense. And he was more than worth it as history shows

But paying 50+ million for a "maybe he will become really good!" is idiocy.

Ive seen "mega stars" who were suppose to be great, fall of a cliff and become nothing. Jardel, Adu and a million others.

Comparing Pogba to those guys is ridiculous. He's definitely going to be a world class midfielder.

In a timeline where Gareth Bale and Neymar cost what they do, 50m+ is steep for a hyped midfielder, but not that crazy. Right now, I think he'd go for around the same price as Javi Martinez did (30-40m), except I doubt Conte would sell him. Add in a good World Cup with France and another campaign with Juve? Madrid/PSG could easily end up paying that crazy price.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
wLXLIul.gif

Who the hell is Tyron Lannister.

shut up dc

Comparing Pogba to those guys is ridiculous. He's definitely going to be a world class midfielder.

In a timeline where Gareth Bale and Neymar cost what they do, 50m+ is steep for a hyped midfielder, but not that crazy. Right now, I think he'd go for around the same price as Javi Martinez did (30-40m), except I doubt Conte would sell him. Add in a good World Cup with France and another campaign with Juve? Madrid/PSG could easily end up paying that crazy price.
that's the dream.

or rather nightmare.

Tegris

Not feeling as nervous as I was yesterday for some reason. Hopefully we start as quickly as we did against Arsenal - the crowd should be up for it at least.

YMMV is a shite acronym to become popular. Who the fuck says 'you milage may vary' in real life? Nobody, that's who.

Americanism innit?

And yes please.

Zabojnik

There is no way in hell we'd even contemplate selling Pogba for Javi Martinez money, lol. Bids start at 70M€. Don't want to pay that much? Fine with us, we'll gladly keep him.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
There is no way in hell we'd even contemplate selling Pogba for Javi Martinez money, lol. Bids start at 70M€. Don't want to pay that much? Fine with us, we'll gladly keep him.

Yeah even Mino Raiola said as much. We'll only consider crazy bids. Otherwise, it's not worth it, because we don't need the cash to begin with.

Zabojnik

Yeah even Mino Raiola said as much. We'll only consider crazy bids. Otherwise, it's not worth it, because we don't need the cash to begin with.

I'm pretty sure PSG are seriously thinking about it. It would make total sense for them to want him too and make him the center of their team/project/marketing. And they have the all the dirty petrol money in the world. I can already hear the cha-chinging.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
quoting for the new page

Gianluca Vialli summed up the culture a couple of months ago: "David Moyes, in Italy, would have been sacked three times now."

:(

I just can't...

Please
-
I'm pretty sure PSG are seriously thinking about it. It would make total sense for them to want him too and make him the center of their team/project/marketing. And they have the all the dirty petrol money in the world. I can already hear the cha-chinging.

OI nothing wrong with petrol money, it just smells different.

TeddyBoy

Clattenberg is the referee today.

I'm with LT, let them both start and not be match fit. One Cafu tackle on Aguero to take him out the game and let Kompany pull up.

If we want to win the league we need to beat the best, let them have a full strength squad and see who wins. We need to earn the title not luck our way to it, otherwise neutrals and other supporters will say we didn't deserve the title for years.

In case anyone still needed proof that Sammer has gone batshit insane and thinks Bayern should be privileged, here's what he said about Rafinha's red card yesterday:

"I don't know if he [Micky] had some cream on his face and wanted to share it."
"We accept the red card. It's the 91st minute, the match is done. In such a moment, I'll go there as ref and say: "Well, Rafinha, normally that's a red." And then I give him a yellow card."

What the fuck is wrong with this guy looooool

Arnie

The biggest league match of my entire life.

In pieces.

Shower, bus to meet mates, Tesco breakfast, pub.

In pieces. Little pieces of Arnie. Dotted around my bedroom.

Salazar

Michael Owen is running the marathon.

a) raising money for charity
b) not commentating
c) hurting like a bastard, possibly for weeks afterwards.

Fucking good news.

dc89

"I wouldn't swap," he said. "I think a lot of Suarez. He is a great player, not only a striker.

"He scores goals but he also plays a lot for the team. But if you tell me I could change him for Sergio, I'd say no.

"I am absolutely sure any team who played with Sergio would be improved.

"They are both very good. Suarez has had the whole season playing. He has scored a lot of goals, whereas Sergio has had a difficult season with injuries but they are both top players."

--

The Engineer has spoken.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

Miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiilch (and the rest of BVB GAF)

this is for you

Ciro Immobile's agent “At the moment no official proposal has arrived to me or to Torino,”

“There has been contact with some clubs, that I cannot deny. The future? The dream of all players is to be at a big club and we know Borussia Dortmund are following him with great interest.”

SHOW ME THE MONEYYY

It's nice to see I've been missed.

I have been absent because I'm in York. I'm here for three weeks.
dcunt, you know I love you <3 that was just for the GoT talk

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
The biggest league match of my entire life.

In pieces.

Shower, bus to meet mates, Tesco breakfast, pub.

In pieces. Little pieces of Arnie. Dotted around my bedroom.

GET A GRIP ARNIE

Unbeaten in 14 games and you're playing at home, what more do you want? ;)

Going to put some banging tunes on to get me pumped for the match

Please city you have to win

Liverpool can't win a premier league title

They just can't

It would crush my soul

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom