• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT18| Coming Early by L. Piscium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razor554

"Barcelona sports director Andoni Zubizarreta (52) will on Wednesday resign due to the transfer ban imposed by Fifa. [catalunya radio]"

YES. FUCKING YES. We are bound to have new elections this year surely now, to get rid of all Rosell's remaining scumbag friends.

edit:
"Barcelona have rejected the offer of sports director Andoni Zubizarreta (52) to resign after Fifa's transfer ban. [catalunya radio]"

Correction: Zubizarreta offered to resign on wednesday, after fifa's transfer ban, but the board rejected it

vader_nooo.jpg

Fuck off Bartomeu

Wilbur

Banned
Eurgh I hope Liverpool don't get Turan, I like him.

Would Atletico have to sell him and Costa? And possibly Koke? I know they're in debt but surely they want to stay competitive as well. Can't imagine Simeone hanging around for too long if his squad is being sold around him.

Hixx

Statement from Sunderland AFC.
Club spokesperson: “The issue of Ji Dong-won was explained in detail at today’s Premier League shareholders' meeting and no issues were raised by any club. Sunderland AFC confirmed that they had complied with all procedures and the Premier League stated that the player was duly registered on the extranet system and in all other Premier League mechanisms. The club has never accepted any wrongdoing, but did acknowledge that a technical fault occurred and as such were fined by the Premier League accordingly in December. The matter is now closed.”

tumblr_l9qoj2jehy1qzzkeu9z.gif

Wilbur

Banned
Moreno and Rakitic to Madrid for €30m?

I don't understand..

That seems a) pretty cheap and b) pretty pointless. Why would Madrid need Raki when they have Alonso/Modric/Khedira/Di Maria/Isco/Illaramendi/Casemiro all able to play there?

o yer bcuz he embarrassed them last week lol

CLEGG FUCK OFF

subtles

The Turan bit would explain why we were so heavily linked with him, as always, during a summer which all of our transfer targets were well publicized.

Wilbury should just join us Clegg.

Yen

Might as well post it.

Good for us, it seems the Marca are spreading rumours that Aguero is the main target for Madrid in the summer. Although I'll take everything that guy says with hesitance, after all Twitter ITK's are the worst of all bullshitters.
haha Turan? We've been linked with him every window for the past 5/6.

K1LLER7

This is Wilbur.

He wants you to win the league, the treacherous fuck.
Da Truth!

Wonder if Moyes has seen what Shinji brings to the team and will play him more often now. Played well over the last 3/4 weeks when given a chance. Hope we see:

Rooney/Chicha
Kagawa - Mata - Adnan

vs Newcastle.

Mastadon

Banned
Da Truth!

Wonder if Moyes has seen what Shinji brings to the team and will play him more often now. Played well over the last 3/4 weeks when given a chance. Hope we see:

Rooney/Chicha
Kagawa - Mata - Adnan

vs Newcastle.

You'll have Valencia and Young and you'll enjoy it.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
James Horncastle reads this thread confirmed

Bonucci had almost twice as many touches (117), and completed (83) and attempted (103) more than double the number of passes that his immaculately groomed teammate did. Some of them were long (16) and inaccurate, which led one set of commentators to form the opinion of Bonucci based almost entirely on the night that he was ill at ease with the ball at his feet. It wasn’t his game, they said, not what he’s about. But, it is. Remember for instance how against Lazio at the beginning of the season, Bonucci made two great assists for Arturo Vidal and Mirko Vucinic in a 4-1 win. He was Bonucci-bauer.

2014%2f4%2fLyon-vs-Juven.jpg

he scored the winner too. Simultaneously our worst and best player last night.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Lol all dem long balls.

thankfully that stopped in the 2nd half
iboCBCquZHUWH0.gif

When Pirlo was blocked, Bonucci playmaked. When that didn’t work, Conte shifted his approach to fewer long balls and more inter-play through the introductions of Mirko Vucinic and Sebastian Giovinco, who made a telling impact. Conte saw Lyon were marking Juventus man-to-man. He needed someone who could beat his man and put them in difficulty. And that was Giovinco.

he's still one of our best passers in the team, and 95% of them are forward passes.

Da Truth!

Rooney/Chicha
Kagawa - Mata - Adnan

vs Newcastle.

We should rest players for Bayern. Which means Adnan can start.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Yeah joe Cole and Gordon strachan were both saying he's not a very good player on ITV lol

"not at ease with the ball at his feet. It wasn’t his game"

premfaces gon premface

http://24.media.tumblr.com/5837456c77524164961c3e15abc22941/tumblr_mr7z9hECmg1qaznnlo1_500.jpg[/MG][/QUOTE]

whoever did this is fucking brilliant :lol

[quote="subtles, post: 106908587"]Hope you have a nice day.

looooooooool[/QUOTE]

what a weird thing to say to your wife. You want her to have a very nice day on her birthday, then do something? [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/KuGsj.gif

SIGNING ALERT SIGNING ALERT

Leaving you fuckers in the dust off the field. Where it matters obvs.

On commercial front Michael Bolingbroke leaving the club.

Believe he was "demoted" when Woodward took over. Assume his contract has run out as we end this financial year.

So much going on behind the scenes. Fuck all where it matters.

Meier

keikaku gets me for some reason. :lol

Brilliant goal.

hahaha what a mess!

I scored this one (https://vine.co/v/Mibz05B152l) two kicks later. Went from 1-1 to 3-1 in in stoppage.. he must have been pretty distraught. I know I would have been.

These teams also have far greater squads than us to cope with the extra games. We effectively play with a 13/14 man squad.

Interesting article I read about this the other day: http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...stuart-brennan-manuel-pellegrini-best-6899957

Indeed, here we are six weeks from the climax of the season, and the Blues have actually used LESS players than anyone else in the competition.

They have utilised 23 players, as opposed to the 25 used by Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal, while United have used 27.

Of course, those figures in themselves do not prove a lot, because they could indicate that some clubs have suffered horrendous injury problems, or are more liberal in introducing players from their youth ranks. So MEN Sport also worked out how many of the used players have turned out for ten or more appearances – the cut-off point for earning a winner’s medal.

In that list, City have still used less than the three other title contenders, and four less than the Reds.

Liverpool have actually used quite a few players comparatively speaking.

edit: I see Depay is the next chosen one after Bakkali failed.
Depay has been on the scene for a few years longer than Bakkali. Both are very talented and should become major stars, Depay is just further ahead due to more experience.

I think Rooney is quite witty when it comes to playing up to his supposed stupidity.
You're probably giving him too much credit.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
speaking of flops, fuck me I love articles like this
Before Chelsea played Paris Saint-Germain in the Champions League quarter-finals this week, the PR team of Zlatan Ibrahimovic conducted a hubristic social media campaign on behalf of the PSG forward. "Why would we fear the Special One's team when we have the Only One?," Zlatan's now near-parody of a Twitter account boasted. What followed was an unconvincing showing. The ball would not obey his command.

He laboured for 60 un-coordinated minutes until a hamstring injury put him out of his misery and also out of the second-leg. Another Champions League knockout tie passes without so much as a dent from Ibrahimovic. It's not inconceivable that Chelsea will turn the French over next week at Stamford Bridge and their challenge ends without him.

And then what? He'd be 33 before he has another crack at the Champions League - a prize he described as a "fixation" in his autobiography. Time is against Ibrahimovic - if not to win the Champions League outright - then at least to show his worth in the meaningful stages of the competition.

Watching Zlatan in action is a treat indeed. He is the most entertaining player at work in the world today. Matches are illuminated and turned by him. The goals he scores take the breath away. His bulk and touch forged in majestic union. There is absolutely no doubt he is one of the greatest players of the last decade. He is relentless, daring, dominant and always has been.

Cheerleaders of Zlatan, however, should accept that certain aspects in his body of work simply do not measure up. There have been more indifferent matches than brilliant ones when progress in the knockout stages of the Champions League was on the line.

Where was he when Liverpool put Juventus out in 2005 and Arsenal did similar in 2006? How come he could not inspire Inter to pass the last 16 stage when they were sweeping the board domestically during his time there? How come he was the one sacrificed, twice, when Barcelona needed to beat Inter in 2010? What did he do against Spurs for Milan in 2011?

With seven goals in the knockout rounds of the Champions League since the start of his career, Zlatan is punching under his weight. Don't deny it. The only time he distinguished himself in any of those matches was against Arsenal for Barcelona in 2009 when he scored two. His overall standout Champions League moment, arguably, is four assists against Dinamo Zagreb in the group stage last season. And I say this as a staunch admirer.

Zlatan is having his greatest goalscoring season to date and there is strong evidence to suggest that he is still enjoying his peak years as a footballer. He will throw another league winners medal on the pile at the end of the season. But what does it say about him that he still cannot control these important continental matches like he can on the domestic front? Mentally, is it beyond him to do so? Because it's not for the lack of skill.

Nobody is saying that in order to be a great player you need to win the Champions League; plenty haven't. PSG are, of course, in with a great chance of winning it this season and if they were to do so - or even come close - with Ibrahimovic central to their endeavours then any lingering doubts over his effectiveness would dry up too. But his match against Chelsea did not dispel them.

"Where was he when Liverpool put Juventus out in 2005 and Arsenal did similar in 2006?" FUCK KNOWS
TIBo9CL.gif
TIBo9CL.gif
TIBo9CL.gif
TIBo9CL.gif
TIBo9CL.gif

TeddyBoy

Arda Turan to Liverpool has been a rumour for the past three or four years now
KuGsj.gif

Would love to have him though.

Pretty much this.

Still can't see us going for him though, he's 27 right now so his value is approaching its peak level, he'd get a four year contract probably and stay until 31 when he won't have too much resale value.

Although we do need a good LM/LW who can cover CAM, he'd also help the teams age balance. Right now everyone besides Gerrard is quite young, once Gerrard goes we'll need some experienced heads. With Turan being a little older than the rest of the team and a Liverpool fan it will certainly help with the leadership qualities.

Thanks for the info walshy and subtles!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom