• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abraxas

Is Casmeiro any good?" Apparently we're looking at him.

Real only just got him I thought. In the few games I've seen him he seemed promising but nothing massive. As Khediera is on his way out surely they wouldn't get rid of Casemiro now.

pulga

Banned
Real only just got him I thought. In the few games I've seen him he seemed promising but nothing massive. As Khediera is on his way out surely they wouldn't get rid of Casemiro now.

he changed the tide against dortmund mate

despite the yellow card, he really saved our assess with key tackles

pulga

Banned
We'll be taking him and Morata then.

keep dreaming, we only sell you lot overpriced flops
Uus4Plt.png

Clegg

In the end no one fucking knows, it's certainly not the same situation as the other seasons, because of their injuries, so you can't compare them at all.
The gap is only going to get wider between the two clubs. Perhaps going by just this season you can say Dortmund were unlucky with the injuries to key players, but next season they won't have a world class striker because he's been poached by Bayern.

I may not have worded my initial statement correctly, but what I was trying to say was that it was shortsighted to think they wouldn't be too badly off without key players because they had a good bit of money to spend. The problem is that going forward they won't have the spending power to sign players of comparable quality to the ones they've lost. No matter how good a manager Klopp is, and he's really fucking good, he won't be able to keep up with Bayern because they're taking all his best players and he can't replace them.

Elchele

These were the arguments made last summer.

Yeah sure, they've been hampered by injuries to key players but it was said in here that they wouldn't be too badly off with the loss of Gotze because they had lots of money to spend. Load of bollocks that turned out to be.

They made a terrible signing in Mkhitaryan, not because he's a bad player, but because he isn't a CAM. So obviously that gave Klopp a lot of problems, but looks like they finally realized Reus centrally with Mkhi on the wing is better. Surely they will try to sign Kagawa or Firmino in the summer to fill the CAM position.

Dortmund badly invested the money in the huge price tag of Mkhi tho. But Gotze departe was much less harmful than, for example, when they lost Kagawa who probably was their best player at the time. Gotze is still just a promise

And Klopp showed on the weekend that even without Lewa he can trash Guardiola's team. Injuries + Mkhi were the main reason for Dortmund to struggle so much this season.

subtles

Klopp didn't need him

He showed Bayern his willy was bigger than their aspirations

He then proceeded to come out on top

Elchele

really now, why didnt lewa play? any reason given?

Klopp sending a message. His departure doesn't mean Dortmund is done, and it showed, Dortmund's only irreplaceable person is Klopp.

Also, I think he didn't want to put Lewa under the pressure of not performing well enough and then Dortmund fans accusing him of doing it on purpose. He was pretty meh in the RM already, so I think that's part of the reason

pulga

Banned
Klopp sending a message. His departure doesn't mean Dortmund is done, and it showed, Dortmund's only irreplaceable person is Klopp.

Also, I think he didn't want to put Lewa under the pressure of not performing well enough and then Dortmund fans accusing him of doing it on purpose. He was pretty meh in the RM already, so I think that's part of the reason

makes sense, dat kloppo <3

have some Yodric for yer troubles

BhkPrujCAAAXsKq.jpg

really now, why didnt lewa play? any reason given?

and we fucking sent him back on a free. still boggles my mind.

SLAP A TRANSFER BAN ON US I BEG YOU PLATINI

Aside from defense, I can't see why you guys need another big transfer in midfield or the attack.

Think nothing of it. Even though your club gets a lot of stick they seem impeccable behind closed doors.

Other clubs are under investigation

Més que un club

Well... There was the Kakuta case. With FFP, Chelsea are very safe as it is right now though, there's a reason the club has been supporting it, cause they knew they could make it. I would like to see Uefa actually try and successfully suspend any clubs though, will probably drag out for years in courts.

wedward

Like Arnie said, for a club of Liverpool's size, especially with CL money and huge TV revenue... why not? £10m or £20m -- it's kind of irrelevant. If a player can improve you significantly, the price isn't really that much to concern yourself with unless it's some astronomical £50m+ figure. Even though he didn't play particularly well yesterday, Fernandinho has probably been the signing of the season and he was £30m despite being 28. I'd do that again in a heartbeat if we could sign another player that age who ended up playing such a huge role in our next season.

It's all relative really.

I think even with Liverpool's warchest growing, 10 million is still a large amount of money.

That's like another Aspas for them.

City can afford to take more risks than any other team in the world.

Wouldn't say ravaged in terms of numbers. Ramsey, Ozil and Walcott. That's it really, isnt it?

Our 3 best players.

Also Jacky boy. Ox missed half the season. Monreal and Gibbs have both had trouble staying fit. Missing Kos in the run in.

Elchele

Sammer is in love with Pep, isn't he

jQCIpTVBwjRYF.jpg

he was supposed to be our savior to avoid another van Gaal second season scenario, but looks like he's way into guardiola

Yen

From Pirlo's autobiography, how Pep tried to sign him in 2010:

"You know what, Andrea: we've made this approach because that's how we do things round here. We don't waste time. We want to buy you right now, and we've already spoken to Milan. They've said 'no', but we'll not give up: we're Barcelona. We're used to hearing certain answers but, in the end, things pretty much always change. We'll try again with Milan. In the meantime, start making a few moves with them as well."

"If you come here, you'll find yourself in a unique place. La Masia, our youth academy, is our pride and joy – there's nothing like it at any other club. It runs like clockwork; it's a philharmonic orchestra where bum notes aren't permitted. Every year, players arrive from there ready to wear our shirt.

"Our champions are home-made; apart from you, that is. What we do is all very wonderful, but all very demanding, too. Sometimes winning can be draining."

Mes que un club lol

qindarka

Banned
Well... There was the Kakuta case. With FFP, Chelsea are very safe as it is right now though, there's a reason the club has been supporting it, cause they knew they could make it. I would like to see Uefa actually try and successfully suspend any clubs though, will probably drag out for years in courts.

I suspect PSG might be in trouble. Even UEFA can't ignore what they are doing with their accounts.

I suspect PSG might be in trouble. Even UEFA can't ignore what they are doing with their accounts.

But even if they keep going hard for them, that will probably end up with dragged out legal battles. Doubt we will actually see the consequences applied for some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom