• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

3Sixty

you need a new photographer m8

BPUy-JsCYAA0xfx.jpg

CTxc2Rh.jpg

fYrGCPX.jpg

Zsc1uj6.jpg

Would you say yes to that? Of course for some millions, but is it worth the risk of him ending up being some league 2 reserve footballer and you gave it away to... that?

Spurs want Klopp apparently,
lal.

I'm laughing at the very idea of Bayern signing this lad with the intention of playing him.

The imbalance at the top of the Bundesliga is so catastrophic.

Lad looks good though, if a little raw. To be honest I don't doubt Klopp will get the team singing again, I just hope it's enough to make the domestic competition somewhat enjoyable, because this season (from the outside) it's been atrocious.

Well, were they even interested in him? Don't think so tbh. Or do you mean Rode? Of course it's one of their "let's just take him out of the market" signings. Though at least they're not killing a talent this time around (Rode is not that talented). Yeah, I have no doubt we will pose more of a contender next season. This injury plight can't continue...

I remember the argument from some non BVB posters in here that Dortmund wouldn't be so badly affected by the loss of Gotze because they'd be receiving £40m for him and would have lots of prize money from the CL and Bundesliga to spend.

Seems like a fairly ridiculous theory now.
We just got some £40m though because that piece of shit extended wanted such a low clause. And we're heading to 70pts in the league with all the injuries. Plenty of teams won the league with some 70+ pts. You can't just fight pure fucking evil that spent some 200m euros in the past three years or so while we kept a balanced budged.

Yeah Gundogan, Bender, Subotic, Piszczek, Schmelzer and Blaszykowski have all been out for extended periods of time haven't they?
Correct, Güdogan just played once or twice this season. Bender & Schmelzer are in and out of the hospital. Piszczek is very slowly regaining his form after being out for half a year. Subotic out after some 1/3 of the season, still recovering. Same with Kuba, basically. We've been fucking ravaged.

I should be sleeping.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Like Arnie said, for a club of Liverpool's size, especially with CL money and huge TV revenue... why not? £10m or £20m -- it's kind of irrelevant. If a player can improve you significantly, the price isn't really that much to concern yourself with unless it's some astronomical £50m+ figure. Even though he didn't play particularly well yesterday, Fernandinho has probably been the signing of the season and he was £30m despite being 28. I'd do that again in a heartbeat if we could sign another player that age who ended up playing such a huge role in our next season.

It's all relative really.

We signed Pavel [Fucking] Nedved for roughly €41 million when he was in his late 20s.

improved us would be an understatement. <3

Yen

I think I'm guilty of forgetting just how young Jones is sometimes. Obviously someone like Sterling is outperforming him even when taking being switched around into account, but he's never had a decent run at centre back. Unfair to chastise him too much for trying his best in midfield and full back when that isn't his game, but he does a solid enough job there. He's looked nothing but assured the majority of the time he's played in his preferred position.

You're right on his injuries though. Our entire defence apart from that fucking whelk Evra are injury prone, unfortunately.

That reminds me that Sterling has shown himself to be a better RB than Jones
admittedly we were playing Holloway's Palace at home

Yeah Gundogan, Bender, Subotic, Piszczek, Schmelzer and Blaszykowski have all been out for extended periods of time haven't they?

Most of our starting eleven has been out for at least half the season.

Piszczek - pretty much half a season
Hummels - various injuries, missed 10 Bundesliga matches
Subotic - more than half a season
Schmelzer - same as Hummels, only 12 instead of 10
Bender - pretty much half a season
Gündogan - pretty much the whole season
Kuba - out for half the season

It's only Weidenfeller, Micky, Reus and Lewandowski that have been playing. And Reus had more than a few knocks and minor injuries as well.

operon

So if city do get a ban and both they and barca delay if til after the summer prices ste going to go through the roof

GorillaJu

So if city do get a ban and both they and barca delay if til after the summer prices ste going to go through the roof

Only for the absolutely highest profile players. Our first team signings are City's squad signings. They probably won't interrupt our transfer business too much

Clegg

I'm curious to see how clubs approach the transfer window. Do you wait until after the world cup to see who impresses there or do you try and get business done before that?

For United, I would think that they'd want to get things done early to avoid the embarrassment of last summer.

I'm curious to see how clubs approach the transfer window. Do you wait until after the world cup to see who impresses there or do you try and get business done before that?

Whoever does business before the world cup is the smart club. You should never base a transfer off of an impressive international tournament.

K1LLER7

We are signing Reus and getting Kloppo. Happy days! :D

---

Moyes will mess this summer up....But will be saved as Bebe returns, the best player in the world.

Clegg

Whoever does business before the world cup is the smart club. You should never base a transfer off of an impressive international tournament.
No, you shouldn't, but it always happens. I think that the summer of a major international tournament is a bad time to get things done because players focus on the competition and don't want the distraction of switching clubs beforehand. The selling club may also want to hold on to the player in the hopes of driving up his price if he performs well.

lol so the punishment for City, could be... either a fine or a transfer embargo. Oh no, not a fine!

In good news

He is one of the names that interest us, as admitted by our president Erick Thohir in recent days. Then you will discover in due time who will be the player we will focus on.

-Inter Milan general director Marco Fassone on Torres. Source: Sky Sports

Elchele

I remember the argument from some non BVB posters in here that Dortmund wouldn't be so badly affected by the loss of Gotze because they'd be receiving £40m for him and would have lots of prize money from the CL and Bundesliga to spend.

Seems like a fairly ridiculous theory now.

seems like you know absolutely nothing about Dortmund or the Bundesliga m8

subtles

lol so the punishment for City, could be... either a fine or a transfer embargo. Oh no, not a fine!

In good news

-Inter Milan general director Marco Fassone on Torres. Source: Sky Sports
Chelsea are the gentleman's club. I'm surprised at how low key they've conducted their business.

Clegg

seems like you know absolutely nothing about Dortmund or the Bundesliga m8
These were the arguments made last summer.

Yeah sure, they've been hampered by injuries to key players but it was said in here that they wouldn't be too badly off with the loss of Gotze because they had lots of money to spend. Load of bollocks that turned out to be.

These were the arguments made last summer.

Yeah sure, they've been hampered by injuries to key players but it was said in here that they wouldn't be too badly off with the loss of Gotze because they had lots of money to spend. Load of bollocks that turned out to be.

In the end no one fucking knows, it's certainly not the same situation as the other seasons, because of their injuries, so you can't compare them at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom