• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yen

Dunno and I really don't care.

He's shit and he thinks he's ace, doesn't deserve to play for us. Need to bin him asap. Dunno what Froggie was thinking, for all the talk about him vetting the players he signed I dunno how Zaha crept through.

That stopped in the early 00s

arnie is going full blablurn on us

you never go full blablurn on us

sheesh, hitcher and dat stability just had a heart attack

Going full on Blablurn is still better than going full on Elsk, my dear Ale.

I can't help but think people acting like Milner is a terrible footballer has either not seen him play much at all or are just completely clueless. Both could be pretty likely as the only argument against him is "but lol milner loolllzl".

He's shit and he thinks he's ace, doesn't deserve to play for us. Need to bin him asap. Dunno what Froggie was thinking, for all the talk about him vetting the players he signed I dunno how Zaha crept through.

Him and quite a few others. Who can we sell Young and Cleverley to?

Salvadora

You sound pretty definitive on that matter Viv.

We've barely seen or heard a word about him. Just one of those cases where I'd just like to see if he's shit on the pitch to come to some type of conclusion on him.

subtles

I imagine he got through the same channel Bebe did. Fergie must have retired to fire the staff responsible.

Wilbur

Banned
I FOUND HIM although he isn't as hot here :(

IhZ0Vs0.png

Although Saints Development squad has some fucking jokes looking people

JEREMY RENNER

UHjnjFG.png

KIPLESS

sJHMkXn.png

JAY SPEARING AND TOM CLEVERLEY'S LOVECHILD

aP0MCSp.png

RAPIST

tUB1o28.png

idk lol

J46hYaK.png

pulga

Banned
Going full on Blablurn is still better than going full on Elsk, my dear Ale.

I can't help but think people acting like Milner is a terrible footballer has either not seen him play much at all or are just completely clueless. Both could be pretty likely as the only argument against him is "but lol milner loolllzl".

dont think anyone's saying he's complete shit, but more like scoffing at the twenty million fucking pounds arnie is willing to dish out for him

I imagine he got through the same channel Bebe did. Fergie must have retired to fire the staff responsible.

Fergie got rich(er) off that Bebe deal, that was anything thing all together IMO.

I just find it weird that for a man who spent so much time judging the character of the players he signed, especially the young ones...Zaha...just what, argh.

Arnie

People who are supposedly close to Nürnberg saying Drmic has agreed to a contract with Dortmund. Now as with Ginter the wait begins (to see whether Nürnberg will stay in the league).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfezXnZruwQ
He's pretty good for 21, needs some Kloppo polish though.

I'm laughing at the very idea of Bayern signing this lad with the intention of playing him.

The imbalance at the top of the Bundesliga is so catastrophic.

Lad looks good though, if a little raw. To be honest I don't doubt Klopp will get the team singing again, I just hope it's enough to make the domestic competition somewhat enjoyable, because this season (from the outside) it's been atrocious.

Clegg

I remember the argument from some non BVB posters in here that Dortmund wouldn't be so badly affected by the loss of Gotze because they'd be receiving £40m for him and would have lots of prize money from the CL and Bundesliga to spend.

Seems like a fairly ridiculous theory now.

Yen

the Mirr say Spurs wants Rafa, or Rafa wants Spurs, idklol

Actually, Ferguson's signings got a lot better from around 2009 up to his retirement.

There were a lot of dodgy signings from around 2003 to 2006.

philip "uniteds best ever player" jones
be "crossintocrowd.gif" be
alexander "his surname has "butt" in it" butner

Wilbur

Banned
Well, their entire squad has been decimated by injury, they couldn't have alleviated that with 40m, nor predicted it. Second, on the verge of the CL semi finals and giving Pep his worst defeat ever = good season ok

I remember the argument from some non BVB posters in here that Dortmund wouldn't be so badly affected by the loss of Gotze because they'd be receiving £40m for him and would have lots of prize money from the CL and Bundesliga to spend.

Seems like a fairly ridiculous theory now.

I dunno, they've been ravaged by injuries.

Gundogan is their best player IMO, or was, and he hasn't played all season.

Wilbur

Banned
Yeah Gundogan, Bender, Subotic, Piszczek, Schmelzer and Blaszykowski have all been out for extended periods of time haven't they?

I don't understand why you mock Phil Jones so much, he's better than James Milner

Feorax

So if Arsenal win the FA Cup, does that mean United are only going to get out of playing Europa league football by loosing in the early stages of next season's competition?

Meier

dont think anyone's saying he's complete shit, but more like scoffing at the twenty million fucking pounds arnie is willing to dish out for him

Like Arnie said, for a club of Liverpool's size, especially with CL money and huge TV revenue... why not? £10m or £20m -- it's kind of irrelevant. If a player can improve you significantly, the price isn't really that much to concern yourself with unless it's some astronomical £50m+ figure. Even though he didn't play particularly well yesterday, Fernandinho has probably been the signing of the season and he was £30m despite being 28. I'd do that again in a heartbeat if we could sign another player that age who ended up playing such a huge role in our next season.

It's all relative really.

Arnie

I don't understand why you mock Phil Jones so much, he's better than James Milner

I think they're both pretty good, but Jones can't keep fit so he's ultimately not that useful as a footballer. Can't build teams around someone who's hamstring could go during a header.

And the Dortmund thing is definitely accumulated injuries rather than one defected cunt.

3Sixty

I FOUND HIM although he isn't as hot here :(

Although Saints Development squad has some fucking jokes looking people

JEREMY RENNER

KIPLESS

JAY SPEARING AND TOM CLEVERLEY'S LOVECHILD

RAPIST

Loooooooooool Wilbz.

Corby Moore has left for some shitty American team.

It's amazing how terrible every photo is though

Arnie

Like Arnie said, for a club of Liverpool's size, especially with CL money and huge TV revenue... why not? £10m or £20m -- it's kind of irrelevant. If a player can improve you significantly, the price isn't really that much to concern yourself with unless it's some astronomical £50m+ figure. Even though he didn't play particularly well yesterday, Fernandinho has probably been the signing of the season and he was £30m despite being 28. I'd do that again in a heartbeat if we could sign another player that age who ended up playing such a huge role in our next season.

It's all relative really.

This post was such a double edged sword.

Whilst I'm pleased to read a genuinely nuanced take on transfers and the worth of a player, I simultaneously had to do something I never thought I'd have to do again:

read one of pulga's wawa posts

Clegg

I dunno, they've been ravaged by injuries.

Gundogan is their best player IMO, or was, and he hasn't played all season.
It's more the fact that they're losing one of the most talented young players of his generation to their main rivals. How were they never supposed to replace that? Now they're losing one of the best strikers in the world, again to their main rivals. How is shedloads of money going to replace that? Klopp can make astute signings with the funds he has, but he still won't have as strong a team.

Wilbur

Banned
So if Arsenal win the FA Cup, does that mean United are only going to get out of playing Europa league football by loosing in the early stages of next season's competition?

If Arsenal finish fifth and win the FA Cup, does the place not go to Hull? I dunno :S

I want EL anyway. Better to be in something than not, we have the squad size to cope. Just need a better manager.

I think they're both pretty good, but Jones can't keep fit so he's ultimately not that useful as a footballer. Can't build teams around someone who's hamstring could go during a header.

And the Dortmund thing is definitely accumulated injuries rather than one defected cunt.

I think I'm guilty of forgetting just how young Jones is sometimes. Obviously someone like Sterling is outperforming him even when taking being switched around into account, but he's never had a decent run at centre back. Unfair to chastise him too much for trying his best in midfield and full back when that isn't his game, but he does a solid enough job there. He's looked nothing but assured the majority of the time he's played in his preferred position.

You're right on his injuries though. Our entire defence apart from that fucking whelk Evra are injury prone, unfortunately.

It's more the fact that they're losing one of the most talented young players of his generation to their main rivals. How were they never supposed to replace that? Now they're losing one of the best strikers in the world, again to their main rivals. How is shedloads of money going to replace that? Klopp can make astute signings with the funds he has, but he still won't have as strong a team.

Well yeah if they ever thought they were gonna be able to stop Bayern, they were kidding themselves.

Bayern ruthlessly decimate any competition they face, it's a tyranny really.

Clegg

the Mirr say Spurs wants Rafa, or Rafa wants Spurs, idklol

If he can stay fit then Jones will be a good signing. Has had some horror performances but he's still very young for a centre half. There's also been an improvement on his general play at CB when compared to last season. With Rio and Vidic and leaving he should get a lot more time playing in his preferred position next season.

Buttner was a poor signing as were Bebe, Zaha and Young. But he also brought some really good young players too; Smalling, Jones, Rafael, De Gea, Hernandez. The good outweighs the bad,

Arnie

It genuinely upsets me.

Did I tell you about when he asked out my best mate's cousin?

She said no.

She works in a fucking supermarket.

They were 16 at the time. Now she probably spends her days readjusting her hairnet so she can subtly wipe away a fresh batch of tears, all the while hoping that the stench of the cheese counter will tranquilize her senses enough to survive the shift.

Did I tell you about when he asked out my best mate's cousin?

She said no.

She works in a fucking supermarket.

They were 16 at the time. Now she probably spends her days readjusting her hairnet so she can subtly wipe away a fresh batch of tears, all the while hoping that the stench of the cheese counter will tranquilize her senses enough to survive the shift.

Damn.

I feel like Phones is the type of lad who considers himself a real casanova though. Like if she went back to him and said oh Phil I was wrong back then I wish I could go back, I reckon he'd write her a cheque for £25k and blow some kisses her way.

pulga

Banned
lol arnie's regressed into a little baby

its cute

maybe it's intentional, since he never got to experience a delightful childhood of league silverware glory
image.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom