• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjaelke

This is for you Fry

pCz0QsC.jpg

Oh man morning coffee

^ above me is the only reason I won't 100% freak if Lpool win the league if anyone deserve a title it's him.... but still c'mon Chelsea.

hiroshawn

Banned
Locking mines in now. Parlay Prince strikes again.

1. Cameroon +241
Cameroon at Mexico

2. Chile -217
Australia at Chile

3. Spain -102
Netherlands at Spain

4. Greece +377
Greece at Colombia

5. Uruguay -320
Costa Rica at Uruguay

6. Ivory Coast +145
Japan at Ivory Coast

7. England +183
Italy at England

8. Switzerland +120
Ecuador at Switzerland

9. France -434
Honduras at Franc

10. Ghana +137
USA at Ghana

11. Argentina -288
Bosnia-Herzegovina at Argentina

12. Brazil -372
Croatia at Brazil

Total Bet: $25.00
Total Potential Win: $117377.18

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Benitez publicly offered to advise Conte on how to beat Benfica, as his Chelsea saw them off in the Europa League Final last season. However, the response was less than encouraging.

Conte “As Napoli went out against Porto, I’d prefer to avoid asking his advice on Portuguese sides! Maybe I have a little more faith in my own collaborators.”

what's with Conte lately :lol

and on Vidal's injury

"We will monitor his condition for the next game and the same goes for Arturo’s knee injury. He’d happily play with one leg, but you need two to play football."

It's a long interview but I'm just picking the funny bits

Marc

hiroshawn, should probably spread the bets around more. I advise putting a bet on England winning the world cup, we are the plucky underdogs with a Liverpool core that will surprise everyone. Throw in Lallana and Barkley it is all but certain. HodgeBall will capture the hearts and minds of the people.

How do I become a gold member? :D

Wondered this too, do you have to be dutch?

Caught up on GoT, The Americans and Hannibal... and I am actually enjoying Hannibal the most which I didn't expect. Awesome episodes in season 2, although I have read the books for song of ice and fire so would probably be enjoying GoT more not knowing.

Anyone watch the tomorrow people? Kiddy show but written extremely well, I loved it as a kid so nostalgia may play a part.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
ZABOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

okay for LiverpoolGAF and PirloGAF

"I thought about quitting because, after Istanbul, nothing made sense any more. The 2005 Champions League final simply suffocated me," the 34-year-old Juventus midfielder said.

"To most people's minds, the reason we lost on penalties was Jerzy Dudek – that jackass of a dancer who took the mickey out of us by swaying about on his line and then rubbed salt into the wound by saving our spot kicks.

"But in time the truly painful sentence was realising that we were entirely to blame.

"How it happened I don't know, but the fact remains that when the impossible becomes reality, somebody’s f***ed up – in this case, the entire team. A mass suicide where we all joined hands and jumped off the Bosphorus Bridge.

"I could hardly sleep and even when I did drop off, I awoke to a grim thought: I'm disgusting. I can't play anymore. I went to bed with Dudek and all his Liverpool team-mates."

on the bright side Pirlo, you did win two with Milan after all. And one against us, so shut up.

GorillaJu

Looooll I love it

Btw to the people asking about Gaf gold, asking in the open is a good way to guarantee rejection in the application process. At least that's what I've heard.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Mirror saying getting in Klopp at United is a priority over van Gaal.

I would murder pretty much everything for this to be true.

you need a van Gaal more. Your whole team/club needs an overhaul.

with this team, you'll just be Kloppo's Mainz.

I really thought I was beat in the Juve game, I even had my post written in my head -

'Don't tell Yurt'

I believed in Pogba though, it was either going to be him or Vidal.

YES WILL!

GorillaJu

A lot of clubs want Klopp. I'd be genuinely surprised if he went to United, not because I'm a United hater, but because there have been several big names linked to him and nothing's ever come of it.

I'd guess it's British media doing their "Whoever PL clubs want, PL clubs get" mantra.

A lot of clubs want Klopp. I'd be genuinely surprised if he went to United, not because I'm a United hater, but because there have been several big names linked to him and nothing's ever come of it.

I'd guess it's British media doing their "Whoever PL clubs want, PL clubs get" mantra.

You question Woodward's ability to s-

Oh...

Oh God....

5 more years...

*returns to fetal position*

Fuck Raheezus. Bring me the JM7.

Not really, has to put in way more performances like he did on Sunday for me to rate him as more than a solid squad player, the same role he has at City

If he'd shown he can play like that consistently, he'd be starting instead of Navas.

Time to catch up with the rest.

bjaelke

City is just getting a slap on the wrist. They'll happily pay the fine if it means they can continue their shady operations.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
How long is Kloppo's contract? He said that he's going to respect it and stay there till the last day or something.

Just run Jürgen, RUN!

-
2014%2f4%2fMins-Per-Goal-Top-Image.jpg

2014%2f4%2fChelsea3.jpg

@Meier, even if we won the league, then got the increased CL and TV money, £10m would still be a significant amount of money for us, let alone £20m. We're still operating at a loss I think, and a few of our players will want (and deserve) new contracts and payrises

We'd be in a comfortable financial position, but not one where we could just brush off such amounts of money

Jack cw

How long is Kloppo's contract? He said that he's going to respect it and stay there till the last day or something.

Just run Jürgen, RUN!

1. July 2018
Getting him out isnt cheap and I dont think he is willing to go unless he gets the same free pass that Dortmunds board give him. I like the rumors but he is the coach that is the unlikeliest to leave.

And LOL at the OT title :/

LegoArmo

Why do I feel so strongly that Moyes is staying and it's all just paper bollocks?

But I'll masturbate furiously over any random transfer "news".

I didn't much like Dennis first time I went through Always Sunny. On rewatch though, he's boss.

Barca really are a joke club when you ignore the success

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom