• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

pulga

Banned
which game are you playing?

hqdefault.jpg

FUCK THAT MOUTH ROBO SPIKEY ARM FUCK IT

Linius

I still need to finish DK Returns on the 3DS. My OCD is stopping me from enjoying it sadly. Those KONG letters and puzzle pieces man.

L1NETT

Derby 2-0

Burnley party can wait for now

I think this Derby team can win the playoffs, but you never know with those buggers

Mascot

Lol.... you could clearly hear a Derby fan shout "you fucking cunt!" at Enda Stevens in the Doncaster/Derby match on Sky just now. Classic.

Wilbur

Banned
Derby 2-0

Burnley party can wait for now

I think this Derby team can win the playoffs, but you never know with those buggers

I'd like them to, but can see jammy cunty QPR doing it.

Don't k ow how to post pics on gafmobile.Check out @TSBible's Tweet: https://twitter.com/TSBible/status/457212018534002688.saw this tweet too funny. Showed my brother he said batra was buffering

Your link's a bit off - https://twitter.com/TSBible/status/457212018534002688 - but yeah that is good. Bartra was fucking embarrassing, just got entirely outpaced.

No but on the subject of Champions League I really hope Atletico go fucking HAM.

It's a shame they're playing Chelsea, could have done with Bayern AND Real getting embarrassed.

L1NETT

Lol.... you could clearly hear a Derby fan shout "you fucking cunt!" at Enda Stevens in the Doncaster/Derby match on Sky just now. Classic.

haha heard that!

Our game sounds a cracker, end to end stuff on the radio.

Pls hold on City, or grab another

I'd like them to, but can see jammy cunty QPR doing it.

I can't myself. Cliche tis that the form team who races in gets it, your Blackpool for example

So maybe one of Ipswich/Reading...

If not Derby I think Wigan have a bloody strong and effective squad. I'd bet on them.

Wilbur

Banned
Felipe Luis is so good. Diego Costa is so good. Diego Simeone is so good. Atletico Madrid is so good. My boner right now is acceptable.

pulga

Banned
Atlético now have four Liga games left: Valencia (a), Levante (a), Málaga (h) and Barcelona (a).

They're absolutely not dropping points in two matches. Not gonna happen. Even if they dropped points before Barca, Barca WILL bend over for them.

Happy for Atletico, it's about time someone won this damn thing other than the usual two.

Wilbur

Banned
The fact that, at this point in the season, Atletico Madrid are six points clear at the top of La Liga and in the Champions League semi finals is fucking brilliant. Just some superb transfer business, squad management, and above all coaching from their manager.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
The fact that, at this point in the season, Atletico Madrid are six points clear at the top of La Liga and in the Champions League semi finals is fucking brilliant. Just some superb transfer business, squad management, and above all coaching from their manager.

and

AND

they play like a proper fucking old school Serie A side.

whoa that's only my 2nd post today. Is this...the beginning of the end?

Meier

Who isn't these days?

Kinda strange, Do I Wanna Know is really the first HIT they've had in the US since Dancefloor. They've had songs on the radio of course, but this thing has been inescapable for fucking ever.

In fact, I just looked it up and it's literally the first song to chart on the Alt Rock charts in the US since Dancefloor. Spent over 10 weeks at #1 on that chart. Crazy. Been at #1 for 7 weeks in a row on the Rock Airplay chart as well apparently. No surprise.

Meier

Wait Suarez has 21 assists?

Pretty certain that is only if you go by FPL stats which give assists for fouls drawn that lead to goals (via FK or penalty), shots off the post that are scored, shots that lead to own goals, etc. I believe his official tally is 12ish?

Arnie

It makes me wonder more than ever where you guys would be without him. That number is insane given the bizarre amount of goals he already scores.
Silly to even think about that.

When we've been without key players this season, Suarez included, we've still played well and won because the strength of our team is in the system and the coaching from Brendan. The strength of Suarez is also equally tied to Brendan's coaching, just like Costa's is with Simeone.

This Liverpool team is far more than Luis Suarez.

Barzul

Pretty certain that is only if you go by FPL stats which give assists for fouls drawn that lead to goals (via FK or penalty), shots off the post that are scored, shots that lead to own goals, etc. I believe his official tally is 12ish?

Ok That makes a lot more sense. I just that number on twitter and it seemed too incredible to actually be true.

Yen

On the Thick of It S4. Halfway through ep 6 with the Goolding Inquiry and it's possibly the best episode. "You cannot not know what you now know!"

Silly to even think about that.

When we've been without key players this season, Suarez included, we've still played well and won because the strength of our team is in the system and the coaching from Brendan. The strength of Suarez is also equally tied to Brendan's coaching, just like Costa's is with Simeone.

This Liverpool team is far more than Luis Suarez.

I saw a stat a few weeks back saying he had scored something like 5 goals out of Liverpool's last 40.

Wilbur

Banned
FT: City 1-0 Peteboro!

Woop Woop.

We safe? We safe (i think??)

Congrats baby xoxo

On the Thick of It S4. Halfway through ep 6 with the Goolding Inquiry and it's possibly the best episode. "You cannot not know what you now know!"

Robyn killed me in that episode, her and Terri together. And Phil is an underrated character, everything he says makes me laugh.

Arnie

I saw a stat a few weeks back saying he had scored something like 5 goals out of Liverpool's last 40.

And point proven.

Everyone is vital to this season, not just Suarez.

I'm hoping he has a final flourish of thermonuclear form before the end of the season, though. If ever there was a moment to #unlockthetitle it's now.

Yen

Robyn killed me in that episode, her and Terri together. And Phil is an underrated character, everything he says makes me laugh.

First episode I found Stewart funny too, when he couldn't stop speaking in newspeak and jargon.

"Would you care to summarise the argument you present there? Bearing in mind Lord Goolding's desire for plainness and clarity."
"Er, I hypothesise that...I say that the design structure for a parliamentary democracy should be that of the Pompidou Centre. Morally and structurally explicit and open, a porous membrane."
"Maybe just a little bit plainer, Mr Pearson."
"People should know, er what politicians are doing."

L1NETT

*after Glen's meltdown

"That was better than IMAX Inception"

Every. Single. Time.

Also when Tucker is watching Ben Swain (GOAT btw) on newsnight

"All these hands everywhere, you look like a sweaty octupus trying to unhook a bra"

"Massive Gay SHITE" always cracks me up too. Simple, but amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom