• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

GQman2121

Banned
Costa's still young and has been moved around a lot, as well as playing second fiddle to the likes of Aguero and Falcao. He does look particularly good in a team that suits his play style so much though.

The number of world class strikers that have come through their squad over the last decade is unrivaled. Has to be more than luck.

Slizz

is there any way of getting Costa pictures when he was Braga or such? Genuinely wanna see how he looks "young"

VYY9vMg.jpg

The number of world class strikers that have come through their squad over the last decade is unrivaled. Has to be more than luck.

Torres (became world class as soon as he left)
Aguero
Forlan
Falcao
Costa

Fuck me. They're like glorious weeds, one leaves and another takes his place. Remarkable when you consider how little they've imposed themselves on La Liga over the years.

pulga

Banned
Aguero
Forlan
Falcao
Costa

Fuck me. They're like glorious weeds, one leaves and another takes his place. Remarkable when you consider how little they've imposed themselves on La Liga over the years.

You could even count Villa among them. It's amazing.

Kikarian

It's only because he's British.

If you saw Pep, Klopp and Conte doing and saying as Brendan does you'd lap it up.
Not really, it's more so the doing. He's very...touchy of players. The inside Liverpool Documentary thing shown he's a little weird.

Arnie

Not really, it's more so the doing. He's very...touchy of players. The inside Liverpool Documentary thing shown he's a little weird.

Aye and I'm saying that's the sort of thing that European managers do. You just wouldn't get it with Moyes because he thinks hugging another bloke makes him homosexual.

You have to realise, these are Brendan's children...

tumblr_n48isorn441ri1wrwo1_500.jpg

I think it's kind of endearing tbh. His knobendish aspects are pretty harmless.

Maybe I'd think he was a massive twat if I supported someone else though :p

Sunday will be a massive show of his ability to gee the team up for a potential banana skin after a massive result which could still be on their minds. He said precisely the right thing yesterday regarding using City's last result as a warning instead of a booster, just have to see if they take that on board in terms of the performance.

Meier

Aguero
Forlan
Falcao
Costa

They basically invested everything they got from Aguero in buying Falcao. Worked out pretty well! Aguero was their record transfer at the time so I think he just basically lived up to expectations. Forlan was also a pretty well respected entity before they bought him. Costa has absolutely turned out to be quite a gem -- paid very little for him and will make a fuck ton when he's finally sold.

Arnie

I'd undoubtedly think he was a massive twat if I supported United, or Chelsea, or Arsenal, or City, or Spurs.

Because he's good.

Really good.

tumblr_n3zhgxohxT1reypzho1_500.gif

Meier

George Thorne just scored for Derby. I tried for years to get him with Reading in my current FM save but West Brom would never sell.

Arnie

Tomorrow's four-fold. On a two-week winning streak so I'm not optimistic about this coming in:

Chelsea
Juve
Swansea
Draw at West Ham

Meier this song's pretty good.

Linius

I saw these fellas at a festival a few years back. They were scheduled early playing for a half empty tent, I kinda felt sorry for them. But I did understand why the turn up was so dramatic.

Elchele

I'm pretty sure Diego Costa wouldn't work that well in another club. Like Klopp, Simeone has the ability to potentiate his players/team. He would have to move to a club with a similar coach and play style.

Linius

People who are buying that Nintendo Football game, let me know some impressions when you got the time to play it. It looks interesting.

Wilbur

Banned
Shit pen.

I'm pretty sure Diego Costa wouldn't work that well in another club. Like Klopp, Simeone has the ability to potentiate his players/team. He would have to move to a club with a similar coach and play style.

Think he'd be brilliant under Mourinho; he's very like Drogba, really. More mobile, but a similar style.

Arnie

Mourinho will be fine.

That's a pen, defender just fells him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom