• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

Fucking :lol

United gonna raid Everton this summer by the irrepressible look on Phil Neville's daft mug there.

Also admitted he told Fellaini that he'd need six months to settle in to United.

Hilarious.

Who remembers Ratatat? What happened to them? Seems like 4 or 5 years since I've heard anything new from them.
I personally disliked their latest(?) album. It sounded more like a mixtape, same old formula.

So La Liga is shit today. Are there any good matches at Premier or Bundesliga to watch later on?

at 15:30 CET:
Dortmund - Mainz (could be cool)
Bremen - Hoffenheim (meh)
Freiburg - M'gladbach (nicely playing team that fights relegation vs. CL aspiration)
Augsburg - Hertha BSC (meh)
Braunschweig - Bayern (relegation vs. cunts)

18:30
Hamburg - Wolfsburg (relegation vs. CL aspiration, also sort of a derby I guess)

Hixx

Don't think it was in Pokemon Black/White, Black/White 2 or in X/Y. Probably why you haven't heard of it in a while

x1D1jTx.png

FootballFan

oh god rock bands are naming themselves after pokemon now?

what happened to making up stupid names using random things in life which don't make sense together.

Clegg

It's well and good to say that Moyes has lost the confidence of some of United's board. But I'm unsure if they'll actually make a move to depose him. There's a lack of balls around this club.

And it's nice that they're confident of signing big names even without CL football to offer, but at the end of the day it matters nowt if Moyes is still in charge.

Hixx

oh god rock bands are naming themselves after pokemon now?

what happened to making up stupid names using random things in life which don't make sense together.

They aren't a rock band.

I'm on team pulga now. He's not even the lesser of two evils but you have annoyed me today.

There's time for it to change tho bbz dont worry

Elchele

Apparently Gündogan went to Crimea for treatment (for his back injury).

http://www.sports.ru/football/159547409.html (russian)
Putin's puppet!
(maybe he's got Tatar family there)

/oh wow, so RB Leipzig sold 30k tickets for one of the last home games where they can solidify their promotion to the second division. At this rate they'll probably go up to first division in 2015, win the championship in 2016 and the CL in 2017. Dat energy drink money..

so Sport1 was telling the truth?

milch pls :lol

L1NETT

Who remembers Ratatat? What happened to them? Seems like 4 or 5 years since I've heard anything new from them.

According to WIki, recording their 5th album now

Wildcat is a tuuuune though.

--

Surely Van Gaal would be a good pick Spurs Fans? Can't think of many better (realistic) choices

Arnie

It's well and good to say that Moyes has lost the confidence of some of United's board. But I'm unsure if they'll actually make a move to depose him. There's a lack of balls around this club.

And it's nice that they're confident of signing big names even without CL football to offer, but at the end of the day it matters nowt if Moyes is still in charge.

I don't get comments like this.

It's pretty clear that Moyes isn't going anywhere and that he'll have the summer to rebuild.

At this point it seems like United fans projecting their wishes rather than any impending reality when they talk about managerial changes.

Clegg

I was quite surprised at the likes of RVP and Phil Neville sending their kids to City's youth set up.
Apparently United has failed to modernise its set up. It's the one area where I think Moyes can actually make a positive impact if he does stay.

City are throwing millions into their youth facilities and attracting parents to it. But they're developing a bad rep with some shoddy treatment of kids deemed superfluous to their needs. Same could be said for other clubs though.

Clegg

I don't get comments like this.

It's pretty clear that Moyes isn't going anywhere and that he'll have the summer to rebuild.

At this point it seems like United fans projecting their wishes rather than any impending reality when they talk about managerial changes.
I'm responding to the Andy Mitten article where it was implied that executives aren't giving Moyes their full backing anymore.

Nicktendo86

I was quite surprised at the likes of RVP and Phil Neville sending their kids to City's youth set up.
Yeah that was shocking. The things city are doing are amazing though and we should have been doing those sort of things years ago.

Can't wait for this season to end and for departing players be able to speak openly and ho early about the past 12 months.

Blablurn

loooool

shut up watzke. just checked spox.com and there is another article about him complaining about bayern hahaha

what a cry baby. he truly loves the spotlight. dortmund could be much more likable if they would get rid of that cunt. he is the opposite of wahre liebe.

Scum

According to WIki, recording their 5th album now

Wildcat is a tuuuune though.

--

Surely Van Gaal would be a good pick Spurs Fans? Can't think of many better (realistic) choices

Yep. Would absolutely love to see him at the club.

Arnie

I'm responding to the Andy Mitten article where it was implied that executives aren't giving Moyes their full backing anymore.

I read it and at no point in the article does it really suggest that Moyes could be facing the sack. Not enough to repel the general consensus that he's going to be in charge at the beginning of next season, anyway.

It's ultimately natural that the money men and directors aren't best pleased with how Moyes' first season has gone, it doesn't take an article by Andy Mitten to tell you that.

Doesn't mean he's getting sacked, though.

Kikarian

The problem with being in City's youth team is that you'd want away as soon as you hit 18.

There's little to no chance you'll be playing in the first team.

My mate who used to play for City reserves transferred to Nottingham Forrest when he was 17 because he knew he'd never be played in the first team. He said many others have done that also.

Yen

I read it and at no point in the article does it really suggest that Moyes could be facing the sack. Not enough to repel the general consensus that he's going to be in charge at the beginning of next season, anyway.

It's ultimately natural that the money men and directors aren't best pleased with how Moyes' first season has gone, it doesn't take an article by Andy Mitten to tell you that.

Moyes is absolutely getting sacked if you read it like Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy.
"Executives aren't happy with Moyes"

K1LLER7

Think a lot of it may come down to how confident they are in giving him money to spend in the summer. If its going to be a repeat of this seasons shitshow, Are they willing to give him 100m to rebuild this team? Has he shown that he can?
Glazers and United can't afford another season like this one.

Clegg

Perhaps it is a case of projecting my own wishes for him to get the sack, but I do feel that his position is not secure by any means and he could go this summer. There's just so much negativity towards him.

Yen

This is like the dampest of squibs.

I wouldn't mind Liverpool trying to get Holtby, as long as it's just a few million. Would be a Benayoun-type signing, good for the depth. He's not even playing, I'm just saying.
Or even Christian Eriksen, if he wants CL football.

Moyes is so bad as United manager, he has to 'rebuild' the reigning champions. If that foesn't sound depressing I don't know what does.

100m won't cut it I believe. He needs much more cash to hide his managerial flaws.

mjk

Neo Member
Apparently this is how Liverpool's new stadium will look like. We'll find out next week if its true or not.
Untitled-1_zpsee3b6477.jpg

Salazar

Think a lot of it may come down to how confident they are in giving him money to spend in the summer. If its going to be a repeat of this seasons shitshow, Are they willing to give him 100m to rebuild this team? Has he shown that he can?
Glazers and United can't afford another season like this one.

Needs to fuck off crony appointments like Phil Neville.

No reason at all for him to be a coach other than that he played for us and he played for Moyes. And that's not remotely an adequate résumé.

That's a position that needs to be filled by a fucking expert. Not a familiar face placeholder twat.

And if he's there because he supposedly knows his way around "the United ethos", then shit is deeply fucked up. You want players who understand something about how we won all that silverware: they're the ones with too much dignity to potter around in jobs they're not qualified to do.

Clegg

I think we'll try to sell Cleverley this summer.

His contract expires in summer 2015 and he hasn't been offered a new one. Of course then we'll actually have to find anyone who's interested. Everton possibly? Martinez is a fan, I think.

Yen

Apparently this is how Liverpool's new stadium will look like. We'll find out next week if its true or not.
Untitled-1_zpsee3b6477.jpg
Mentioned this last night. 8k added to the Main Stand by 2016, then the Anfield Road End will be done after, bringing capacity up to 58,500. After that, they could fill in the two corners at Main -Kop, and Main - Anfield Road for a few extra thousand (I think I read 62,500 on RAWK a while ago). After that, improvements to transport have to be done if we are to expand further. Trying to buy even more houses around Anfield would be difficult and time consuming. Not sure the Kop could even be expanded further, it would have to be rebuilt completely.
Two mods on RAWK had seen the plans, and say this is it.

K1LLER7

Needs to fuck off crony appointments like Phil Neville.

No reason at all for him to be a coach other than that he played for us and he played for Moyes. And that's not remotely an adequate résumé.

That's a position that needs to be filled by a fucking expert. Not a familiar face placeholder twat.
Haha the whole coaching team he's set up is as average as he is. Guess Moyseh needed people on his side and BFF Neville came along.

Arnie

Mentioned this last night. 8k added to the Main Stand by 2016, then the Anfield Road End will be fine after, bringing capacity up to 58,500.
Two mods on RAWK had seen the plans, and say this is it.

Happy with that, rather we built incrementally and stayed at Anfield. Hope we eventually push over the 60k barrier with a larger Kop, though. Want something akin to Dortmund.

Fulham look solid here. Magath's obviously a decent coach.

Hixx

Spurs can't cope with Fulham's pressing. They need to stop looking for Lennon, every time the ball goes to him he has 4 red shirts on him.

Salvadora

I think we'll try to sell Cleverley this summer.

His contract expires in summer 2015 and he hasn't been offered a new one. Of course then we'll actually have to find anyone who's interested. Everton possibly? Martinez is a fan, I think.
There is only so much you can do in one summer.

You've already got players like Ferdinand, Vidic and Evra leaving on a free. Then those like Chico/Nani (?) and maybe Van Persie who will undoubtedly try to leave. Cleverly shouldn't stay, but he might have to.

Like, a massive overhaul is clearly needed but rushing it in the matter that a lot of United fans want is something that a league 2 side would do and then be promptly relegated the following season.

WJD

There is only so much you can do in one summer.

You've already got players like Ferdinand, Vidic and Evra leaving on a free. Then those like Chico/Nani (?) and maybe Van Persie who will undoubtedly try to leave. Cleverly shouldn't stay, but he might have to.

Like, a massive overhaul is clearly needed but rushing it in the matter that a lot of United fans want is something that a league 2 side would do and then be promptly relegated the following season.

Regardless of the outgoings, I'm expecting at a very maximum 4 incomings. Can't see us doing a Spurs/Sunderland at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom