• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.
it such a gamble whenever you buy players from the league though.

for every Suarez you get a Kezman or Alves.

I was gonna say, it's a crapshoot and you have to do like 5 times as much scouting to make sure that they're actually decent.

I haven't seen enough of Van Bullwinkle to completely write him off (watch him score 3 tomorrow), but Altidore at least is genuinely terrible. 1 goal in over 18 full league games this season I think, 1650 minutes or something, and it doesn't come as a surprise when you watch him play. It's like he has no interest in scoring.

I was gonna say, it's a crapshoot and you have to do like 5 times as much scouting to make sure that they're actually decent.

I haven't seen enough of Van Bullwinkle to completely write him off (watch him score 3 tomorrow), but Altidore at least is genuinely terrible. 1 goal in nearly 19 full league games this season I think, 1650 minutes or something, and it doesn't come as a surprise when you watch him play. It's like he has no interest in scoring.

Anyone who saw Altidore with Hull a few years back should have remembered how fucking terrible he was. Had a even worse scoring statistic then too, with 28 matches and 1 goal lol. Not sure what Sunderland were thinking buying him. He's not just a bad striker, often he seems troubled with just running without falling over.

Elchele

SardonicGorgeousCuckoo.gif

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
If Tim doesn't make a change right now in going to kill him.

Edit: Right, start running Tim.

Scum

Saw it last night, was gonna link it but it just depressed me.

Man Utd can turn it around. Players that leave, probably should be leaving anyway. At least it's not Sherwood, who'll probably get rid of players we need before he buggers off.

There is only so much you can do in one summer.

You've already got players like Ferdinand, Vidic and Evra leaving on a free. Then those like Chico/Nani (?) and maybe Van Persie who will undoubtedly try to leave. Cleverly shouldn't stay, but he might have to.

Like, a massive overhaul is clearly needed but rushing it in the matter that a lot of United fans want is something that a league 2 side would do and then be promptly relegated the following season.
Problem is Moyes is making an already tough job tougher for himself.

Others who may be leaving - Rafael, Carrick, Fletcher and Kagawa. And back room staff too.

Scary the amount of people who are getting burnt in just 9 months.

LegoArmo

Another not content is Nani, who is currently as happy as a typical United fan is at the prospect of Liverpool or City winning the league. It’s a shame, for he’s such a talent. I recently spoke to someone who worked closely with the Portuguese winger throughout his career.

“Nani’s a great player,” he said. “It’s tragedy what’s happened to him. What have they done to him?”

:'(

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
KABOOOM

I can't remember the last time we scored from two set plays in one match.

Wilbur

Banned
Problem is Moyes is making an already tough job tougher for himself.

Others who may be leaving - Rafael, Carrick, Fletcher and Kagawa. And back room staff too.

Scary the amount of people who are getting burnt in just 9 months.

Where's the Carrick talk coming from? Haven't heard anything about him really.

Imagine going into the new season with Fellaini and Clev as our only centre mids loooool

Where's the Carrick talk coming from? Haven't heard anything about him really.

Imagine going into the new season with Fellaini and Clev as our only centre mids loooool
Latest RI.

+ a World Cup coming up, so you won't have much of a pre-season (before your EL campaign starts, hopefully)
Yah.

Spurs doing the biz though. Just need Arsenal to keep it together and no Europa!

Yen

"@OptaJoe: 8 - Christian Eriksen now has the same number of Premier League assists this season as Mesut Ozil (eight). Rivals."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom