• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc

And sold Mata to make up most of it.

Yeah Ramires should have been sent off - but holy shit was Mike Dean poor all round today.

For those questioning Mourinho post match - did Mike Dean have a good game? And have the referees had a good season? I suspect the answer to both of those will be no

No, the refs have been shite all season but it has been fairly even. That doesn't make it right but Mourinho is painting the season as the refs being against Chelsea, they have probably had the easiest time of the top teams for my money. So it doesn't ring true.

Ramires should have been sent off, all the rest of it might not have happened, who knows. That is the first big decision that can decide the game and the ref messed up and Chelsea benefited. He glosses over that, doesn't even bother to stick around to answer the question.

He looks at things like Liverpool getting a bunch of pens and thinking the refs have helped them, when they should have like twice as many pens this season. They just draw those fouls for fun. Instead of getting his team to play in the same manner and movement, he points to it like it is a conspiracy.

Blablurn

el topo. can u post the youtube video of that guy who talks strange stuff during a movie. it was a compilation. a guys with long hair.

Dat fibre at peak

Qn33KFU.png

Arnie

And sold Mata to make up most of it.

Yeah Ramires should have been sent off - but holy shit was Mike Dean poor all round today.

For those questioning Mourinho post match - did Mike Dean have a good game? And have the referees had a good season? I suspect the answer to both of those will be no

Willian, Salah, Matic, Schurrle.

He's done fucking tons to this squad and spent buckets in the process. Whinging about a striker is pathetic.

And when have referees ever had 'good' seasons? When has a season ended and everyone has unanimously agreed upon that? Someone's always upset, it just so happens that the person throwing his toys out this time has been on the receiving end of fortunate refereeing more than most, which is why it comes across as doubly fucking petty.

Moobabe

No, the refs have been shite all season but it has been fairly even. That doesn't make it right but Mourinho is painting the season as the refs being against Chelsea, they have probably had the easiest time of the top teams for my money. So it doesn't ring true.

Ramires should have been sent off, all the rest of it might not have happened, who knows. That is the first big decision that can decide the game and the ref messed up and Chelsea benefited. He glosses over that, doesn't even bother to stick around to answer the question.

He looks at things like Liverpool getting a bunch of pens and thinking the refs have helped them, when they should have like twice as many pens this season. They just draw those fouls for fun. Instead of getting his team to play in the same manner and movement, he points to it like it is a conspiracy.

Don't get me wrong - I hate how we play against the smaller teams. We walk them back into their own box then pass around and hope we score - it's bullshit. There's no pace and no creativity - two things that Liverpool, to their credit, have had in abundance this season.

I thought we could have had a penalty today - Larsson on Ramires was nailed on, for me, but so was the red card.

I just knew, when Dean walked out to pick that ball up at the start of the game, he would play a deciding role in the game. As usual.

The power of Mourinho's sorrow has made me finally make peace with liverpool winning the league. It's like a disney movie. But really really funny.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I really don't know who's going to get relegated now. So many teams could go down after this weeks craziness.

Hixx

@CaulkinTheTimes 47m
Bloody hell! First Jesus. Then Shola Ameobi. Now Sunderland. #resurrection

For a Mag, George Caulkin is alright.

Arnie

All Mourinho's antics have done is make me think back to the favourable decisions Chelsea have benefitted from this season.

Like when Eto'o scraped his studs down Hendo's shin and should've seen red.

Didn't, obviously.

Moobabe

All Mourinho's antics have done is make me think back to the favourable decisions Chelsea have benefitted from this season.

Like when Eto'o scraped his studs down Hendo's shin and should've seen red.

Didn't, obviously.

When Sturridge did the same last season to Bertrand? Suarez bite and then scores the equalizer? In the same match?

Come on - we can all pick moments. Suarez could have been sent off against City for diving - wasn't. Skrtel handballed in the same game and could have given a penalty away - didn't.

See? Easy

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Eden Hazard: 7 assists in 33 games

Christian Eriksen: 8 assists in 22 games

Not bad sonny. Build the team around him and we could do well next season, he could be our next world class player.

Marc

Is Hixx passed out drunk somewhere?

If so, Wilbz, get his trousers!

Don't get me wrong - I hate how we play against the smaller teams. We walk them back into their own box then pass around and hope we score - it's bullshit. There's no pace and no creativity - two things that Liverpool, to their credit, have had in abundance this season.

I thought we could have had a penalty today - Larsson on Ramires was nailed on, for me, but so was the red card.

I just knew, when Dean walked out to pick that ball up at the start of the game, he would play a deciding role in the game. As usual.

Chelsea just need a fast striker with good movement, suddenly that team will click I reckon. A Danny Sturridge type player. :D Mourinho said he would be coming in and playing attacking football, bringing in youth etc. but has done anything but. Having said that, if you had even 1 of the like 6 strikers Liverpool and City have then Chelsea would have walked this league. Amazing really considering Chelsea haven't really had a good run of imperious football.

Don't remember that pen incident so can't comment but yeah there were lots of mistakes, the winners will play them down, the losers will play them up. I think only the likes of Steve Bruce and Fat Sam having won a game off ref decisions has stated how shit they are and need an overhaul. Fair play to them.

Yeah, probably, but it is really hard these days to name a ref who won't make decisive mistakes in a game. They are all utterly crap, worse reffing season I have seen. The FA by ignoring the problem for years and years, defending how shite they are have let standards slip by a considerable amount.

Lets not be playing the blame game now guys this season still isn't over I believe there's some twists left yet with everyone now thinking Pool is definitely winning.

jtb

Banned
I didn't know Madrid and Chelsea were the same team

it's a total non-record. have Chelsea lost at home before? yes. has Mourinho lost at home before? yes. the end. first home loss of the season; sure, that's really impressive to go this far without a loss at home (something something west brom) but don't give me this 70-game bullshit from a very selective and misleading sample size. Madrid and Chelsea aren't the same team; well, the 04-07 Chelsea and the current Chelsea aren't the same team either.

Scum

Code:
12 West Ham United PL 35 PTS 37
13 Swansea City PL 35 PTS 36
14 Hull City PL 33 PTS 36
15 Aston Villa PL 34 PTS 35
16 West Bromwich Albion PL 33 PTS 33
17 Norwich City PL 34 PTS 32
----------------------------------------------
18 Cardiff City PL 35 PTS 30
19 Fulham PL 35 PTS 30
20 Sunderland PL 34 PTS 29

Arnie

When Sturridge did the same last season to Bertrand? Suarez bite and then scores the equalizer? In the same match?

Come on - we can all pick moments. Suarez could have been sent off against City for diving - wasn't. Skrtel handballed in the same game and could have given a penalty away - didn't.

See? Easy

Aye, and my point is you don't see Rodgers coming out with a fucking nonsense conspiracy theory against officials. Mourinho is an embarrassment. Teams get favourable decisions and not so favourable decisions. Today was case in point considering Ramires' reprieve.

There is no defending Jose's behaviour today.

it's a total non-record. have Chelsea lost at home before? yes. has Mourinho lost at home before? yes. the end. first home loss of the season; sure, that's really impressive to go this far without a loss at home (something something west brom) but don't give me this 70-game bullshit from a very selective and misleading sample size. Madrid and Chelsea aren't the same team; well, the 04-07 Chelsea and the current Chelsea aren't the same team either.

A Chelsea coached by Mourhino has never loss a home league match before today, seems pretty easy to understand to me.

Scum

Eden Hazard: 7 assists in 33 games

Christian Eriksen: 8 assists in 22 games

Not bad sonny. Build the team around him and we could do well next season, he could be our next world class player.

---------------- Ade/Soldado ---------------
Chadli -------- Eriksen ------- Lamela
------- Holtby/Paulinho -- Sandro
BAE -- Vertoghen -- Chiriches -- Walker
--------------------- Lloris ------------------------

jtb

Banned
A Chelsea coached by Mourhino has never loss a league match before today, seems pretty easy to understand to me.

it's easy to understand and it's also totally meaningless. it's like the Kos/Mertesacker were unbeaten as a defensive partnership stat that was floating around this season (up until they got beaten obviously). it's a meaningless record because it's taken from a very selective sample size. He's had two unbeaten spells at Chelsea, the first one and this one. but I don't see why they should be considered one and the same. They're not.

Sane_Man

it's easy to understand and it's also totally meaningless. it's like the Kos/Mertesacker were unbeaten as a defensive partnership stat that was floating around this season (up until they got beaten obviously). it's a meaningless record because it's taken from a very selective sample size. He's had two unbeaten spells at Chelsea, the first one and this one. but I don't see why they should be considered one and the same. They're not.

Are you simple? It's the same club. It was an amazing record. No denying it.

Fergie

Banned
Why is upload always a million miles away from download?
I really don't know, their upload speed and such are a bit bad, only main complaint I have.

I get my free speed upgrade in June. ;_;

Hearing the players and ref in the PSG final match is kinda surreal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom