• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

GQman2121

Banned
all I'm saying is do we really need to hold the funeral for Mourinho's oh-so-impressive streak twice?

No.

No we don't.

Fuck Mourinho.

I agree that the record being broken is overrated. But that's on the media.

HOWEVER, in the scope of the big picture, with all the history of the game in the country, there's no denying that it's an impressive run of results. But that's the end of it. Onward.....

Abraxas

R. Madrid and city gents, what are the chances of real signing aguero this summer? The way i see it, that would almost guarantee benzema or morata leaving, and wenger could pounce.

all I'm saying is do we really need to hold the funeral for Mourinho's oh-so-impressive streak twice?

No.

No we don't.

Fuck Mourinho.

I understand where you're coming from; there probably would have been less fanfare had he actually lost to West Brom before Christmas. However, I don't really see the issue given the context and magnitude of the defeat today.

pulga

Banned
R. Madrid and city gents, what are the chances of real signing aguero this summer? The way i see it, that would almost guarantee benzema or morata leaving, and wenger could pounce.

its cute how you think wenger's got another season at the arse

Marc

Haha, if you set the youtube speed to 0.5 its not actually too bad.

Makes some good comments but as a person, I can't stand him. Gives it the billy big bollocks behind the scenes apparently, talking about knowing people in the 'mob' and threatening others. Mostly because of the whole England fiasco though, lost all respect for him that day, proper toys out of the pram moment because he just wasn't good enough to be ahead of others. Then acts like England didn't matter anyway, that he is a scouser and not English as some say, yet happy to take a pay cheque to talk about England and play for the shirt before that point. Will no doubt be working this summer.

bud23

Come on lads. I hate Mourinho with a burning passion, but it is fair to say that his streak was simply amazing.

Abraxas pls.

subtles

I can't believe Mourinho gave the same speech to everyone. Sky, BBC, even the print media conference.

If 'The King of Penalties' score one next week I feel like his post-match interview will be a plight on the English game.

We cannot have him bringing the game into disrepute.

They'll probably thrash us :(

Manzepi

Neo Member
Yeah that's right Edinson, score when it's the League Cup, you think you're gonna be forgiven... <3 anyway you magnificient bastard

And thanks Lopes for your fantastic intervention

Now time to make changes Lolo, Ongenda must shine ! (missed the compos, don't know if he's on the bench or not..)

edit : well he isn't :(

Gothos

Amazing week for Liverpool :D Next two game are fucking crucial and especially tommorow's one. We win it, then we win vs Chelsea and it's DONE! Come on!

Ian Ross (former director of communications and briefly the chief executive at Everton) on Moyes:

"Moyes will unquestionably upset and irritate far more people than he will amuse and beguile. The initial convivial smiles will disappear to be replaced by the more familiar pale-faced grimaces which so characterised his years on Merseyside."

"[He] built teams which were designed to avoid defeat" and "often – indeed, too often for comfort – stood accused of regarding narrow defeats at the hands of his club's perceived betters akin to triumphs. Moyes's fate will almost certainly be decided by his ability, or lack of it, within the transfer market. He often bought both well and prudently but I was once shown a list of the players offered to Moyes who he subsequently declined to take a chance on. It would be wrong to go into detail here – but it was one hell of a lineup."

Yup. Still beguiled as to how he ever was considered for our manager.

Marc

I can't believe Mourinho gave the same speech to everyone. Sky, BBC, even the print media conference.

I bet that was what he was writing in his little notebook all game.

Right, everyone is asleep, off to watch some more Archer and then play some more Wolf Among Us. Christ, I can't tell if I got too old or am some kind of man baby.

Arnie

Meus has lost it on Twitter.

Thinks Arsenal have a chance of getting Rodgers.

This is perhaps his wildest statement yet.

LTWheels

Buzzing

Might download Ground Zeroes to celebrate tonight...although to be honest I would be more excited if they were making Acid 3 instead of MGS5.

GQman2121

Banned
Is this the first season for Wolf Among Us? Tempted to check it out but already hate waiting for Walking Dead Episodes. Wtalking Dead was my GOTY in 2012, so I really enjoy that style of storytelling.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Meus has lost it on Twitter.

Thinks Arsenal have a chance of getting Rodgers.

This is perhaps his wildest statement yet.

Arsenal is no longer more attractive than Liverpool

no one is more attractive than Liverpool in England next season

you'll be the most beautiful bird Arnie

and everyone wants to stick it in you <3

SPREAD DEM BUTTCHEEKS

Salvadora

Ian Ross (former director of communications and briefly the chief executive at Everton) on Moyes:

Yup. Still beguiled as to how he ever was considered for our manager.
To be fair, regarding that last point, there would be no long-term manager in club Football who wouldn't have a list of players like that.

Timbuktu

Actually we can draw a game and win by a point, providing we win the rest.

That can't be the mentality though. This Liverpool has to maintain the momentum and go for the jugular. Sit back for a draw and they will concede.

Having said that, I can see Chelsea and City both slipping up again.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
What's this nonsense?

LTWheels is a Liverpool fan, he's most likely drunk.

tumblr_n4aiv9V7FO1s8z5rho1_400.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom