• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiroshawn

Banned
Chelsea could have done with Mata out there today.

angry-soccer-fan-pwns-himself.gif

If you haven even played Snake Eater, there's something wrong with you. My fourth favorite all time game.

Crazy man.

Played the first 30 minutes of it twice and didn't like it, switched it off. Camera is awful, controls are worse.

I happen to love the versatility of gameplay ideas in the game, having read a lot about it. But that means fuck all when it feels the game is fighting me when I play it.

Marc

Is this the first season for Wolf Among Us? Tempted to check it out but already hate waiting for Walking Dead Episodes. Wtalking Dead was my GOTY in 2012, so I really enjoy that style of storytelling.

Yeah, first season, only 3 episodes and the third just came out so will be a while for this to finish I guess.

Was just thinking about whether to create a thread in gaming moaning about telltale games though. The stories are good but holy crap is the 'game' part of it some of the biggest pieces of shit I have ever dealt with. It is buggier than an Obsidian game, constant loading for the graphics that are awful ten years ago, freezes all the time with saves or loads, had like 3 crashes already including just now so waiting to restart and you can't SKIP. With freezes happening when you get a timer to answer a question so when it unfreezes you have a millisecond to read all the answers and pick one. Frame rate drops to like 5 FPS all the time.

I just don't understand how bad this game can be technically, I played walking dead assuming it was their first game and this game would have improved. Should have checked, like I said really enjoying the story and other elements like voice acting but ugh it is a grind fighting the game.

i remember playing the Blade Runner game from like 15 years ago! And it looks better, plays better, has way more choices and actual impact from choices. Telltale are a really shit games company.

After 20+ of following Crystal Palace, they have finally managed to secure a second succesive season in the premier league.

I think I might have to change team to support now. I don't recognize them anymore. Doncaster sounds tempting.

Yen

GZ is really great (FOX Engine is top, I was playing in 360 and it's the best engine in the console), and you can tell TPP is going to be fantastic, but it GZ really should've been a tenner.
My main gripe is the alert system pees me off - get spotted by one guy and suddenly 40 soldiers and a tank know where you are and are coming for you.

GZ is really great (FOX Engine is top, I was playing in 360 and it's the best engine in the console), and you can tell TPP is going to be fantastic, but it GZ really should've been a tenner.
My main gripe is the alert system pees me off - get spotted by one guy and suddenly 40 soldiers and a tank know where you are and are coming for you.

Really easy to evade though, if you're smart. Evading is much easier with the open world environment.

RaikuHebi

Banned
Played the first 30 minutes of it twice and didn't like it, switched it off. Camera is awful, controls are worse.

I happen to love the versatility of gameplay ideas in the game, having read a lot about it. But that means fuck all when it feels the game is fighting me when I play it.

It's my GOAT so I'm just in shock. The only pass you get is if you're talking about the camera of the PS2 version.

Yen

Really easy to evade though, if you're smart. Evading is much easier with the open world environment.
But I'm NOT smart!
But really, I get so pissed off when out of nowhere, a guard spots you from 50 yards away and you have C4 or the tranq pistol equipped - you're screwed.

Actually have the soldier who spotted you radio it in would appease me.

As someone who's played fuck all of the MGS series, except some kinda shitty PSP game, what's the best way to do them now? Basically, are the HD versions shit?

But I'm NOT smart!
But really, I get so pissed off when out of nowhere, a guard spots you from 50 yards away and you have C4 or the tranq pistol equipped - you're screwed.

Actually have the soldier who spotted you radio it in would appease me.

Unless I'm going nuts and misremembering here, they do radio it in.

You're in an enemy base and Skull Face already knows you're coming. It makes sense that they'd be quick to respond.

Phantom Pain will probably use the old Alert > Evade > Caution setup though.

RaikuHebi

Banned
One of my issues with GZ is that the guards don't feel like mascots. Weird thing to say but the guards from MGS1, MGS2 and MGS3 felt like they were mascots of their respective games. But the guards from 4, PW and GZ don't have that same feeling, it's like they don't have any personality.

I am. I played on PS2. I hear it's improved in the director's cut but I've not played that version.

Ahhh yes. Subsistence has the 3D camera, as do the PS3/360, Vita and 3DS versions.

Grab that PS3/360 version and enjoy mate. You won't be disappointed. I can understand the camera problems. I recently tried to play MGS2 on Extreme and it made me realise how truly bad the fixed camera is. (though I admiteddly like it for stylistic reasons, many Japanese games had that back then; MGS, FF, RE etc.).

Vard

Liverpool need 7 points from 4 matches to win title, congrats Lpool brahs

10 points are required from the 4 remaining matches actually. If City don't drop any points from their next 5 matches, they'll end with 86 points. 'pool are on 77 now, so 10 points to guarantee it.

Clegg

It's funny and a bit depressing that Roberto Martinez has more faith in the Manchester United squad than the manager for said squad has.

Lakitu

st5fu
10 points are required from the 4 remaining matches actually. If City don't drop any points from their next 5 matches, they'll end with 86 points. 'pool are on 77 now, so 10 points to guarantee it.

I think us and City will both drop points at Palace away.

GQman2121

Banned
Yeah, first season, only 3 episodes and the third just came out so will be a while for this to finish I guess.

Was just thinking about whether to create a thread in gaming moaning about telltale games though. The stories are good but holy crap is the 'game' part of it some of the biggest pieces of shit I have ever dealt with. It is buggier than an Obsidian game, constant loading for the graphics that are awful ten years ago, freezes all the time with saves or loads, had like 3 crashes already including just now so waiting to restart and you can't SKIP. With freezes happening when you get a timer to answer a question so when it unfreezes you have a millisecond to read all the answers and pick one. Frame rate drops to like 5 FPS all the time.

I just don't understand how bad this game can be technically, I played walking dead assuming it was their first game and this game would have improved. Should have checked, like I said really enjoying the story and other elements like voice acting but ugh it is a grind fighting the game.

i remember playing the Blade Runner game from like 15 years ago! And it looks better, plays better, has way more choices and actual impact from choices. Telltale are a really shit games company.

I hear you. But in the current culture of games they definitely seem a bigger deal than they should be. I gave the first season of the Walking Dead a ton of passes, but there is definitely a huge gap in quality from these episodes to actual AAA games. Yet I still very much enjoyed S1 and so far S2. They are a technical mess though which I do hope TTG can correct.

bud

play subsistence instead! the new camera system works a million times better, and it still allows you to switch back to the old overhead cam which is more suited to smaller indoor environments.

it takes an hour (maybe two, depending on how you play) to get going, but once it does... fuck. i'm actually contemplating buying the hd collection now, haha. haven't played it in ages.

i played gz on a mate's ps4 a few days ago. it looks so fucking sharp and crisp, especially compared to the ps3 version.

Yen

Unless I'm going nuts and misremembering here, they do radio it in.
Once reflex mode ends and if you haven't offed the enemy, the siren sounds over the weekend base and all hell breaks loose (within the scope of the game's mechanics, I understand why this is)

but…
You're in an enemy base and Skull Face already knows you're coming. It makes sense that they'd be quick to respond.

Phantom Pain will probably use the old Alert > Evade > Caution setup though.
…this makes a whole lot of sense actually

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom