• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.
People really thought that wasn't a penalty? Wow.

dadsadsadsjhk23.gif

Help me here. What is Jozy doing with his left leg if not initiating contact?

You're tolling me aren't you?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Aye, Mourinho should be punished for that.

Pathetic.

"Objective"

Such a bad loser.

u're buying the league arnie hw does that make u feel? Who cares if you're in form and you're scoring left and right?

A certain Roma player said the exact same thing a couple of weeks ago. Destro was banned because OF COURSE, not because he punched a guy in the face.

Arnie

u're buying the league arnie hw does that make u feel?

A certain Roma player said the exact same thing a couple of weeks ago. Destro was banned because OF COURSE, not because he punched a guy in the face.
I've read a lot of 'Liverpool only winning because others are throwing it away' too.

All a load of nonsense.

GQman2121

Banned
No fucking way that's a pen. And I'm in no way on the side of supporters screaming for hand ball. It's just a bad call. It happens.

Hixx

It was a penalty.

I legitimately cannot understand how people don't think it is one. He takes his standing leg. It's not a fucking opinion. It's a fact.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I've read a lot of 'Liverpool only winning because others are throwing it away' too.

All a load of nonsense.

you'll get a few 'they're only winning because they aren't in Europe' too.

because you know, every single club in the PL is playing in Europe on weekly basis except for Liverpool.

GQman2121

Banned
It's not a dive...but his left leg, wtf is he doing lol. Looking for it imo.

He's not looking for it. He steps down in an area that is occupied by a defender defending and goes down. It's up to the ref at that point. I don't blame either player. Fortunate for Sunderland and Liverpool, and unlucky for us. That's how I see it.

Arnie

you'll get a few "they're only winning because they aren't in Europe" too.

because you know, every single club in the PL is playing in Europe on weekly basis except for Liverpool.
By the way some go on you'd be surprised that any team with European football ever won the league.

And I thought it was a penalty. Azpi slides past him but his trailing leg takes Altidore's left leg as he passes.

you'll get a few "they're only winning because they aren't in Europe" too.

We've been getting that since February bruv :p

It's a bit of a legit point, but some people are going on about it like we should have been expected to be challenging for the title because of it. I don't remember anyone putting Liverpool 1st, 2nd or 3rd in their preseason predictions because we had no Europe though. Funny that.

Slizz

Deplorable Red card and penalty given in MLS.

Defender stops a shot off a deflection, then there is a follow up shot and it's going straight for his face so naturally he protects his face. Gets sent off.

EDIT: I see now it wasn't a straight red but his second yellow.... still awful

GQman2121

Banned

It's a bit of a legit point, but some people are going on about it like we should have been expected to be challenging for the title because of it. I don't remember anyone putting Liverpool 1st, 2nd or 3rd in their preseason predictions because we had no Europe though. Funny that.

It's bull shit and I hate it. When you're playing at this level and making the money you're making, you should be expected to train and play for any and all matches. Let's be honest here: these players aren't roughing it like this is the 40's. They're staying in four and five star hotels and banging five star ass year round. Cry me a fucking rain forest if they're not prepared to play throughout the spring...

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
the Italian Adnan is back! <3

bbd6j53.gif

of course it's better not to have any European commitments but that's hardly why you're first atm. It's incredibly naive.

Roma play once a week and they're still behind us. And City is no longer in the CL.
It's bull shit and I hate it. When you're playing at this level and making the money you're making, you should be expected to train and play for any and all matches. Let's be honest here: these players aren't roughing it like this is the 40's. They're staying in four and five star hotels and banging five star ass year round. Cry me a fucking rain forest if they're not prepared to play throughout the spring...

Salvadora

Well yeah, to an extent.

But difficult situations arise when, for example, Arsenal played Everton on Sunday, Napoli away on Wednesday and then away at City on Saturday at 12:45. Like, they may be highly paid athletes but any team would struggle with that.

GQman2121

Banned
Well yeah, to an extent.

But difficult situations arise when, for example, Arsenal played Everton on Sunday, Napoli away on Wednesday and then away at City on Saturday at 12:45. Like, they may be highly paid athletes but any team would struggle with that.

Want to be champions? You have to deal with the schedule. I don't want to hear I'm tired from some 23 Yr. Old who's making more in a week than I will all year. Fuck that...

Yen

Is 21 Jump Street any good? Or is it lad-humour? Looking for a (lighthearted) film to watch. Everything on my hard-drive or on my Netflix list is either dark or foreign-language.

Why is Adnan crying in your avatar? :(

Did Moyes extend his contract?

Because he lost to Sterling this season. Also because Moyes has no idea how to use him on the pitch. I will give him credit with how many minutes he has given him though. Moyes has been excellent in that regard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom