• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yen

It's jokes

giphy.gif

Salvadora

Want to be champions? You have to deal with the schedule. I don't want to hear I'm tired from some 23 Yr. Old who's making more in a week than I will all year. Fuck that...
It's a very valid point to say playing three very high profile matches against formidable opposition in less than 6 days will drain even 23 year olds who make more than everyone in this thread in a week. Just a fact of life innit.

It's not so much a "I'm tired," as players picking up injuries and playing below the required level.

What Liverpool have done is remarkable, but it's okay to point that out like.

Is 21 Jump Street any good? Or is it lad-humour? Looking for a (lighthearted) film to watch. Everything on my hard-drive or on my Netflix list is either dark or foreign-language.
Yeah it's pretty good. If you went to high school in the past decade or so (preferably in the states) the film becomes much more relatable aswell.

FootballFan

To me, it looks like the defender's right leg is in the air and his left foot slides in to take out the striker's planted left leg.

Yeah that is what happens.

People are just discussing whether Altidore put his left leg out there on purpose to get the foul. He kinda puts his leg unnaturally out wide, which is why people are talking about it.

Still a penalty, either way.

I love Xavi. He's funny, he annoys everyone, he's very good and I like seeing him wind people up.

5WU8Wn9.jpg

Yeah that is what happens.

People are just discussing whether Altidore put his left leg out there on purpose to get the foul. He kinda puts his leg unnaturally out wide, which is why people are talking about it.

Still a penalty, either way.

A lot of people seem to think that Altidore's foot came down onto the Cesar's leg.

To me, it looks like the defender's right leg is in the air and his left foot slides in to take out the striker's planted left leg.

Who in cunt's name plants their left leg like that in any sort of subsequent movement? I feel like I'm going mad here. No one would put their leg there unless they wanted to try and trip themselves up.

Like I said earlier, to me it's no different from Ashley Young going to the floor after having run into someone needlessly.

Mastadon

Banned
I forgot Albert Riera plays for Watford
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

Who in cunt's name plants their left leg like that in any sort of subsequent movement? I feel like I'm going mad here. No one would put their leg there unless they wanted to try and trip themselves up.

Like I said earlier, to me it's no different from Ashley Young going to the floor after having run into someone needlessly.

77% of MotD viewers can't be wrong.

Wilbur

Banned
Yeah, that's a Young movement

with the caveat that it's almost impossible to know if Altidore did it on purpose or that's just the way he fucking runs

jtb

Banned
Mourinho is bad enough on his own, but what really puts him over the edge with me is the media's unending love affair with him. the fact that he's a highly competent manager (unlike, say... 'Arry) just makes it that much worse, frankly.

edit: Altidore is a donkey of the highest order, I don't even think he has the proper coordination to dive/make contact properly

Yep. I don't understand how it's a penalty. I will never understand.

edit: Don't you Liverbros feel kind of bad for Suso. You guys are winning the PL without him and he's stuck in spain getting drunk with shit footballers.

he was trying to stop his own momentum and shaping to turn away from goal with the ball.

it's pretty obvious when you realise that he's not just trying to run in a straight line out of play.

Salvadora

There is an inherent insidiousness relating to Ashley Young that I don't believe Jozy possesses.

Like jtb said, he's an uncoordinated donkey.

It looked like a fluid motion to me. The ball deflected to his right and he put his opposite leg at an angle out a bit to turn.

Exactly lol.

People get so focused on what he says post match, they don't realise he is just taking attention away from the teams bad performance.

It's genius.

Must have learned from the master when he was at Barcelona.

EUoSiza.jpg

PowderedToast

edit: Don't you Liverbros feel kind of bad for Suso. You guys are winning the PL without him and he's stuck in spain getting drunk with shit footballers.

i feel bad for aspas, alberto and kelly who all aren't getting medals right now if we win.

the last i heard over suso was that he wanted a permanent move, perhaps that was wrong?

There is an inherent insidiousness relating to Ashley Young that I don't believe Jozy possesses.

Like jtb said, he's an uncoordinated donkey.

And he apparently needs a metre's space each side of him to turn a direction, which if impeded is a foul. Uncoordinated players do seem to get a benefit.

Mastadon

Banned
Luis Suarez claims Steven Gerrard will be regarded as the best player in the world if he leads Liverpool to the Barclays Premier League title.
The Liverpool striker is convinced Gerrard will be elevated above current world player of the year Cristiano Ronaldo and Barcelona star Lionel Messi if they are crowned champions.

Luis talking sense.

doicare

I've read a lot of 'Liverpool only winning because others are throwing it away' too.

All a load of nonsense.
No you're right, after 23 years of Liverpool not winning the league and Liverpool for the past 4 years finishing anywhere between 22 and 37 points off the top, not even making the top 4, for them to now be top and certain to win the league must all be down to skill....

The fact that Liverpool have had to play significantly less games than all their title rivals and have been very lucky with significantly less injuries to key players compared to everybody else (but Chelsea) who've had a horrendous injury list obviously has had no effect on the season what so ever....

Labadal

No you're right, after 23 years of Liverpool not winning the league and Liverpool for the past 4 years finishing anywhere between 22 and 37 points off the top, not even making the top 4, for them to now be top and certain to win the league must all be down to skill....

The fact that Liverpool have had to play significantly less games than all their title rivals and have been very lucky with significantly less injuries to key players compared to everybody else (but Chelsea) who've had a horrendous injury list obviously has had no effect on the season what so ever....
Luck, skill, don't give a fuck as long as we win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom