• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scum

Afternoon, cunts.

Lamela was supposed to appear at the Spurs store today for a signing event, now he's been replaced by Harry Kane.

Does he even exist?

I''m going to moider someone at Tottingham if I don't see Lamela on the pitch, soon enough.

Tc91

:lol he's desperate to keep playing isn't he

Think he's got a gig with BT lined up for next year.

He was on BT for the Hull v Sheff UTD game. Definitely gonna be working with them after football.

Did Rio actually say that he wants to stay?

That's a 180.

Wonder what's going on there?

He said he'd like to stay on at United if possible and will do what he's always done speak with them at the end of the season.

£260k/week for Kroos. Yikes.

To be fair, £300k now is basically what £200k was 3/4 years ago - but that's still an awful lot. Although that's basically what we have to do now.

Rather it goes into Kroos' pocket than sits in a bank account anyway. Although Bayern will never ever sell him even if he did want to come.

Joke that City and PSG aren't going to get thrown out of UEFA competitions for failing to comply with FFP. I hope other clubs appeal against this.

Explain please the logic behind fining clubs that have no concept of staying profitable through legitimate means.

"You're spending too much money. Give us some money"
One of the journos made a suggestion that they could be docked points in the group stages.

Not really good enough either but would be better than a fine.

pappe

£260k/week for Kroos. Yikes.

To be fair, £300k now is basically what £200k was 3/4 years ago - but that's still an awful lot. Although that's basically what we have to do now.

Rather it goes into Kroos' pocket than sits in a bank account anyway. Although Bayern will never ever sell him even if he did want to come.

One of the journos made a suggestion that they could be docked points in the group stages.

Not really good enough either but would be better than a fine.

Without UCL we have no other option than throwing around money to attract the best players.

It will be hilarious that City get kicked out of the UCL and United end up in the UCL after finishing 5th.

K1LLER7

Kroos shots alone are worth 260k.

----- Kroos - Willy -----

Adnan -- Mata -- Kagawa

----- Rooney/RVP -------

YES MOYES

pulga

Banned
@Meier, even if we won the league, then got the increased CL and TV money, £10m would still be a significant amount of money for us, let alone £20m. We're still operating at a loss I think, and a few of our players will want (and deserve) new contracts and payrises

We'd be in a comfortable financial position, but not one where we could just brush off such amounts of money

I knew you'd be all for dat financial stability <3

arnold's lost the plot

pappe

LOL. Some guys thinking Kroos and Klopp would leave their clubs.

Lol. Some guys also thought RVP would never leave. Some guys also thought Mata would never leave.

Its the appeal of Manchester bro. Everyone wants to play in the Lions Den.

Jack cw

Show us where anyone here has actually said that.

thinking =/= saying.
Lol. Some guys also thought RVP would never leave. Some guys also thought Mata would never leave.

Its the appeal of Manchester bro. Everyone wants to play in the Lions Den.

RVP wanted more money and was in a club that was slowly going under, United under SAF was decent. Mata was sorted out by Mou.

JonnyBrad

@Meier, even if we won the league, then got the increased CL and TV money, £10m would still be a significant amount of money for us, let alone £20m. We're still operating at a loss I think, and a few of our players will want (and deserve) new contracts and payrises

We'd be in a comfortable financial position, but not one where we could just brush off such amounts of money

I take it this is referencing Liverpool? If so the losses are still being bled through from the Hicks' fantasy stadium project drawings and stuff like the fact we're still fucking paying Joe Cole. It's booked losses but the club is now very healthy.

Carbonox

bundesliga gaf vs the rest of footy gaf yet again?

Aze9n3.gif

pappe

thinking =/= saying.

RVP wanted more money and was in a club that was slowly going under, United under SAF was decent. Mata was sorted out by Mou.

You underestimate the appeal of United my friend. Its the dream of every player to play for us. UCL or not.

Nothing stops this train
wreck

a_480x271.gif

Someone shud shop Moyes face into that gif instead of Walter and add 'wreck' after train.

Yen

I take it this is referencing Liverpool? If so the losses are still being bled through from the Hicks' fantasy stadium project drawings and stuff like the fact we're still fucking paying Joe Cole. It's booked losses but the club is now very healthy.
And it'll be 2016 before we start making reasonable levels of profits, because that'll be the year when the CL money kicks in.

Zabojnik

The Bela Guttman curse strikes again. It begins. Benfica lost the Youth Champions League final against Barca. 3-0. #RunnerUpBros

FootballFan

Sing it with me lads.

Epl...

Epl..epl

Epl epl epl epl epl!!!

Best league in the world
Best league in the wooooorrrlld
English premier league
Best league in the world

Wilbur

Banned
Can't wait for Chelsea to beat Bayern again

The cries of anti football, that it's bad to be boring

It'll make my dick harder to handle than a Kroos missile

It'll make it more solid than confuziz logic

GorillaJu

It would take a substantial offer for Atletico to contemplate selling their prize asset, although Simeone believes Costa will ultimately decide his own future.

"It will depend on him and what he thinks is best for his future," Simeone told radio station Onda Cero.

"I will support any decision he makes. It's natural that Chelsea are interested in him and that makes me happy, because my aim and that of my coaching staff is to see our players improve.

"We understand that Chelsea have huge financial power and if he wants to live off football for the rest of his life, I will have no problem in him going.

"It was like Radamel Falcao - how could I tell him not to go to Monaco? He gave life to this club."

Well, that's that.

Can't wait for Chelsea to beat Bayern again

The cries of anti football, that it's bad to be boring

It'll make my dick harder to handle than a Kroos missile

It'll make it more solid than confuziz logic

THEY'RE NOT PLAYING FOOTBALL

THEY'VE JUST PARKED THE BUS

THEY DON'T DESERVE IT BECAUSE THEY WERE ANTI-FOOTBALL

WE HAD MORE POSSESSION IT'S NOT FAIR

WHINGE WHINGE WHINGE WHINGE WHINGE

Status
Not open for further replies.