• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Portugeezer

Puncheon needs to bring back his celebratory arse wipe.

iNc3fEN8JFBce.gif

smell my finger

Razgreez

So what Bayern supporter here isnt concerned with the current form and Peps tactics right now? Its all we talk about in Bayern and Bundesliga GAF...

Relax, you're going to give yourself an aneurysm. Not every response regarding Bayern is directed at you nor was I somehow trying to belittle any other supporter.

I had a bunch more typed below but deleted it as common sense prevailed since i would just be repeating things previously thought and typed :D

Wilbur

Banned
Relax, you're going to give yourself an aneurysm. Not every response regarding Bayern is directed at you nor was I somehow trying to belittle any other supporter.

I had a bunch more typed below but deleted it as common sense prevailed since i would just be repeating things previously thought and typed :D

GOAT Bayern fan

Jack cw

My aneurysm already bursted, so its to late for that ;)
Anyway, I just read what Pep said at the Bayern presser a few minutes ago and I'm sceptical regarding DFB semi and the CL semi. Heynckes had at least the class to finish Bundesliga seriously.

Salazar

Sport Witness ‏@Sport_Witness 13m
Chelsea and Manchester United have both contacted Koscielny's agent, so say France Football.

Marc

Ew compatriots gross page so far. Mind reading Bayern fans?? Are they evolving? Devolving?

irJOPd2QYO1ew.gif

Holy crap, is that Gillian Anderson? Source?

260 grand a week for Kroos? So that's what 2 goals a season gets you in this day and age... fucking hell.

I like Kroos but man, do something first yeah?

Marc

Google says Alexa Vega from The Tomorrow People.

edit: doing it a second time brings up images of Woody from Toy Story.

idk.

Ah, on mobile screen and actually sunny, probably seen her then since I watch it. Would think I would remember though, traitorous brain.

Hmm Woody, yeah I could see that.

Thanks Hixx, will research this in more detail.

Hixx

"I think Vito knows that we’ve got eight who are out of contract and loan players, so he’ll have to wait until September,’ Poyet told the Sunderland Echo. 'That’s natural.’

Give him a new contract now you pillock. He is one of four players we should build around next season.

Razgreez

My aneurysm already bursted, so its to late for that ;)
Anyway, I just read what Pep said at the Bayern presser a few minutes ago and I'm sceptical regarding DFB semi and the CL semi. Heynckes had at least the class to finish Bundesliga seriously.

DFB Semi, if he fields the correct team it shouldn't be a problem.

CL, several key players are out of form and Real is not going to give Bayern any sort of respect so that'll be tough even if Pep does choose the correct team.

Have to add though, the weird conspiracy theorist in me keeps screaming that Pep becoming Bayern's coach was all an intention to destabilise both Bayern and the Nationalmannschaft. When Pep decide to play the best RB in the world in the midfield that voice became louder. When he started playing a forward natured defensive midfielder like Martinez, who you can't fault for tackling, instead of jockeying and maintaining the defensive line, as CBs are meant to do, that voice kept saying "told you so". Gaining too much credibility with my last 2 posts so I had to throw some crazy into the mix.

Razor554

oh marca, dont ever change.

Apparently Marca has accessed confidential whatsapp messages between a Barcelona board member and his friend and according to this information FC Barcelona's board has known that Tata Martino would leave the club this summer for over 3 months now. Not only that, but that the Board of Directors are aware that Martino will leave and furthermore has also started work on finding a replacement, lining up Borussia Dortmund manager Jürgen Klopp. A manager who, furthermore, would bring Marco Reus with him for 35m euros.

The so called "whatsapp secret" messages also said, Messi has told his teammates that his only focus is exclusively on the World Cup and that he would only give 100% after coming back from his Brazil. The message also talked about the private affairs of some of the board members.

The messages also said Rosell fucked some multimillionaire's wife.

The last part is probably true

Ter Stegen at Barcelona

That's actually taken from Santander Cup, it was played in Dortmund recently which Barcelona won.

Cattermole, Johnson, Wickham.

Is Borini good enough to be our primary backup, bearing in mind that we can shift to playing one up front if needed and leavinghim on the bench anyway?

He plays okay when I watch him for Sunderland, but the goal return isn't exactly impressive.

Borini, Fletcher, Altidore, Graham. No offense, but that is surely the worst strikeforce in the league since Fletcher's and Graham's form fell off a cliff.

Won't Cattermole try leaving again in the summer? Somebody will snap Johnson up as well I think, depending if you can afford to keep him

Clegg

We wouldn't sign Herrera because we refused to pay his £35m release clause. Can't ssee why we'd now meet the same clause for an even less experienced player.

Hixx

He works hard but honestly he is fucking infuriating.

He's more selfish than Sturridge was at Bolton but with nowhere near the returns for said selfishness.

elseanio

Jack cw

DFB Semi, if he fields the correct team it shouldn't be a problem.

CL, several key players are out of form and Real is not going to give Bayern any sort of respect so that'll be tough even if Pep does choose the correct team.

Have to add though, the weird conspiracy theorist in me keeps screaming that Pep becoming Bayern's coach was all an intention to destabilise both Bayern and the Nationalmannschaft. When Pep decide to play the best RB in the world in the midfield that voice became louder. When he started playing a forward natured defensive midfielder like Martinez, who you can't fault for tackling, instead of jockeying and maintaining the defensive line, as CBs are meant to do, that voice kept saying "told you so". Gaining too much credibility with my last 2 posts so I had to throw some crazy into the mix.
Honestly, I'm not really against your theory. I wouldnt underestimate Kaiserslautern, they have nothing to lose and Real is the biggest challenge possible. But I expect a defeat if not knock out by Real but otherwise, Bayern was always decent in CL under Pep. Anyway, I hope he stops experimenting with Martinez as CB, Müller as CF and Lahm as holding midfielder. I dont like the idea of both full backs standing in midfield and leave space open for fast wingers because every attack leads to a goal recently by the opposition. CR7 and Bale are rockets and I'd rather have Alaba and Lahm keep them in space and try to help Ribery and Robben on the wings, instead of tiki taka with Kroos and Schweinsteiger resulting in zero threat. I believe in Pep but his recent tactics and formation changes might lead us on the lsoing side.

pulga

Banned
oh marca, dont ever change.

Apparently Marca has accessed confidential whatsapp messages between a Barcelona board member and his friend and according to this information FC Barcelona's board has known that Tata Martino would leave the club this summer for over 3 months now. Not only that, but that the Board of Directors are aware that Martino will leave and furthermore has also started work on finding a replacement, lining up Borussia Dortmund manager Jürgen Klopp. A manager who, furthermore, would bring Marco Reus with him for 35m euros.

The so called "whatsapp secret" messages also said, Messi has told his teammates that his only focus is exclusively on the World Cup and that he would only give 100% after coming back from his Brazil. The message also talked about the private affairs of some of the board members.

The messages also said Rosell fucked some multimillionaire's wife.

The last part is probably true

That's actually taken from Santander Cup, it was played in Dortmund recently which Barcelona won.

you forgot the part where it says the locker room is sick of Messi, and that Messi utterly prohibits the club to sell Pinto and Cesc because all their wives are intimate friends

mes que un joke looooooooooooooooooooooool

Rob Harris ‏@RobHarris 1m

Aston Villa suspends assistant manager Ian Culverhouse & head of football ops Gary Karsa "pending an internal investigation"

BBC Sport ‏@BBCSport 29s

Aston Villa temporarily promote Shay Given and Gordon Cowans to first-team coaching staff after suspending Ian Culverhouse and Gary Karsa

Poor Wes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom