• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
DFB Semi, if he fields the correct team it shouldn't be a problem.

CL, several key players are out of form and Real is not going to give Bayern any sort of respect so that'll be tough even if Pep does choose the correct team.

Have to add though, the weird conspiracy theorist in me keeps screaming that Pep becoming Bayern's coach was all an intention to destabilise both Bayern and the Nationalmannschaft. When Pep decide to play the best RB in the world in the midfield that voice became louder. When he started playing a forward natured defensive midfielder like Martinez, who you can't fault for tackling, instead of jockeying and maintaining the defensive line, as CBs are meant to do, that voice kept saying "told you so". Gaining too much credibility with my last 2 posts so I had to throw some crazy into the mix.

Pep is Catalan though, I don't think he cares that much about Spain's NT.

Jarnet87

I don't put much into the new Kroos and Carvalho rumors. Didn't the mirrior report we had Carvalho done like almost a month ago? When it's on the official page I'll believe it. Every new transfer is a saga for us it feels like, where as other big money teams get linked with a player, and then they sign a few days later.

Alex Song?

Koscienly?

Is this a satire on the transfer market?

Muppets pls

@skysportsPeteO

I wanted Song before Gerrard turned out to be a competent DM. In fact, I'm still not entirely comfortable having the options be a 34 year old, and an injury-prone Lucas. Would rather just spend a million or two on a young DM who'd be happy playing with the U21s for a year or two though, or give Agger/Sakho some training in the position. Song's a bit rubbish.

L1NETT

Anyone who rates Alex Song needs a good long look at themselves

@hitch. He is a DM who isn't good at defending and has nowt positioning

Idk how to feel about that. If we get him on the cheap then fine but he's not THAT good.
Waste of time I think.

We already have 4/5 CM's. We should bin 2 and replace them with 2 first team options.

Song isn't really the standard I would like although you do have to concede he is better than most of what we have, if not all.

Anyone who rates Alex Song needs a good long look at themselves

@hitch. He is a DM who isn't good at defending and has nowt positioning

Song is defensively lax, to put it mildly.

He will produce some brilliant lobbed balls to Van Persie, at most.

He's a shit DM, and I've said so many times. He's not a Regista. He is however a decent creative passer of the ball, and I'd have no problems with using him like that.

GorillaJu

I genuinely love the way Milner's suddenly being talked about as an under appreciated English gem when he's routinely derided found here. He is definitely underrated in terms of his ability - he's scored some excellent goals (or created them), and is a big game performer, but most of the time he flatters to deceive, like an English Rosicky.

That said I think Arnie has a point about him being an option we don't have in the team at the moment. If he wasn't going to be too expensive and financially inhibit any other potential dealings, I'd love to have him. But if it's between him and Konoplyanka, I'll take Kono any day. I'm not sure where the Milner talk even came from - just an off the cuff remark from someone here or was there some dubious link on Twitter?

HITCHER

How about you give us your opinion on it first.

Massive bias obviously, but a resounding yes. If he can reign the nerves in as he did on Sunday and play that fearlessly and with such quality for England, no reason for him not to. There's an argument to be made for Ox to play instead of him, but not many alternatives past him imo. Maybe even Johnson if he has a good end to the season, but I doubt Hodgson would have any intention of playing him even if he was on the plane, ala Walcott at WC06

@silver.tongue, nah. Flight prices are just too high for me.

Jarnet87

I planned on going to the World Cup, but had some things come up with my job that I couldn't commit to spending the money for it ahead of time.

As for Sterling he probably should start, but I fully expect Roy to buckle under the pressure and play a terrible lineup every game

Hart
Johnson Cahill Jagielka Cole
Gerrard Lampard
Walcott Rooney Young
Welbeck

L1NETT

We gotta go to Euro 2016 folks. Only across the channel.

2026 might be in Canada/USA right??

So during all your mid life crisis' our American friends can watch the WC :p

I planned on going to the World Cup, but had some things come up with my job that I couldn't commit to spending the money for it ahead of time.

As for Sterling he probably should start, but Roy is gonna go conservative and play guys like Walcott/Lennon on the right and Ashley Young on the left. I fully expect Roy to buckle under the pressure and play a terrible lineup every game

Hart
Johnson Cahill Jagielka Cole
Gerrard Lampard
Walcott Rooney Young
Welbeck

Lennon won't be going. I rate him more than most, but his stats of 1 goal and 2 assists this season is dreadful. Sterling, Ox, Johnson, Milner (necessary, rather than wanted)

That would be enough if we played the 3 in attack like any normal fucking manager would. As it is, Hodgson will obviously play a rigid, defensive 4-4-fucking-2, in which case he will probably take a more defensively sound wide player instead of Johnson.

We gotta go to Euro 2016 folks. Only across the channel.

2026 might be in Canada/USA right??

So during all your mid life crisis' our American friends can watch the WC :p

I wouldn't be averse to doing a footy-gaf meetup at Euro2016 actually. It's difficult to personally justify spending time and money going to a meetup in Birmingham or somewhere, but I'd be happy to take a ferry over to France and do a meetup with the backdrop of going to a game I actually want to go to :p

@Crash, I think Walcott's definitely out

pulga

Banned
i cant wait to see the salt if we were to sign this random big willy guy

"congratulations on becoming a bench player"
"career ruined"
"greedy cunts"

and i still wont know who the fuck he is lol

i cant wait to see the salt if we were to sign this random big willy guy

"congratulations on becoming a bench player"
"career ruined"
"greedy cunts"

and i still wont know who the fuck he is lol

I'd :lol if we got a repeat of last summer.

Hopefully we get Connor Plankerson done as soon as the window opens,and the bulk of our negotiations done before the World Cup.

The window should open earlier in World Cup/Euro years imo

pappe

Imagine the butthurt when Big Willy is bought for 35mil and he turns out to be a shittier version of Fellaini.

Clydefrog is going there to cheer for the USA.

Better than going there to support England I suppose.

I guess. lol

Nah.. I live in Montreal so travelling to Brazil wouldn't be too difficult (8 hours flight?), but it's expensive as fuck.

Yeah I know.

I just got tickets to see Cotê D`Ivory x Colombia, a Round of 16 match (1Ex2F) and the 3rd Place Match...

Let`s just say I could buy a PS4, a Xbone, a WiiU and a few games (all in the US) with the same amount.

If I were to buy them here in Brazil though, I would get just a WiiU but no games.

Yes. This country is ridiculous.

Walshy

United could always go for Khedira when Madrid buy Carvalho.

Didn't they bid like 35m for him in the summer? :lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom