• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarnet87

We should ship out Felliani and Young as a package deal to one of the mid table hoof ball clubs.

Wait we are a mid table hoof ball club.

faint-o.gif

Yen

I wouldn't be averse to doing a footy-gaf meetup at Euro2016 actually. It's difficult to personally justify spending time and money going to a meetup in Birmingham or somewhere, but I'd be happy to take a ferry over to France and do a meetup with the backdrop of going to a game I actually want to go to :p

@Crash, I think Walcott's definitely out

Wait til Euro2020 and we can al meet up at a top British stadium, like Wembly or Windsor Park.

pulga

Banned
im just happy weve proven this season we dont need that lump starting every game to be competitive

mourinho's obessision and carlo's early insistence on him was driving me mad

K1LLER7

Khedira is pretty good. Brings calm and energy to the midfield. All his good work goes unnoticed because of the flashy players by his side.

I'll take him £20m.

Madrid were better with him too.

pulga

Banned
Khedira is pretty good. Brings calm and energy to the midfield. All his good work goes unnoticed because of the flashy players by his side.

I'll take him £20m.

yeah just wait until you see the ball on his feet and him not having an utter clue what to do with it

stifles way too many attacking plays

edit: no we were fucking not you bellend

Jack cw

I'll take him £20m.

10 million too much. He doesnt really calm the game as his technique is rather limited and he is somewhat vulnerable to pressing. There are a bunch of better holding midfielders out there. Leave Khedira to Arsenal.

Clegg

We're back to Song again? I didn't get Moyes' love for him back then and I still don't get it now.

Khedira wouldn't be so bad if you can get him for a decent price. But he's had a serious knee injury which may curtail his ability to run everywhere like a mad fucker.

Jarnet87

Khedira is shit. Madrid should of sent his ass packing within seconds of getting a 40m bid for him. You are right about him being surrounded by vastly superior talent K1ller7, just not right about him being any good.

pulga

Banned
10 million too much. He doesnt really calm the game as his technique is rather limited and he is somewhat vulnerable to pressing. There are a bunch of better holding midfielders out there. Leave Khedira to Arsenal.

do you think löw will insist on khedira playing the wc? germany has way too many talented cms to waste a starting spot on him

Feorax

The Hillsborough service is continuing on BBC news and Sky News if anyone was watching the LFC TV stream, which has ended.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
De Telegraaf are saying that Van Gaal will make a decision on Tottenham within the next week.

Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf has become an unofficial recruitment consultant for Louis van Gaal recently. They were the first to report report that the manager had a meeting with Manchester United and today they talk of his 'luxury problem'. The dilemma is whether to commit himself to Tottenhm and be sure of a good Premier League job for next season or to wait until the summer and see if the Manchester United position is formally offered to him.

Van Gaal has the World Cup to prepare for and really should be putting other things out of his mind, but De Telegraaf say his next job is very much at the forefront. They claim that a decision will be made next week between they describe the opportunities as two dream jobs.

The risk for Van Gaal is that Tottenham become impatient and don't like playing a waiting game, suspecting they're being used as a fall back option. That could see Daniel Levy move on to other targets and as such potentially leave Van Gaal without the Premier League option he so clearly wants.

Tottenham are anxious according to the newspaper and if Van Gaal is their main target they've probably got reason to be. It's clear the Dutchman wants the Manchester United job if what is being reported in Holland is correct, it's just there's no actual vacancy there for him right now.

Next, say De Telegraaf, Van Gaal will have to decide whether to stick or twist.

elseanio

The Hillsborough service is continuing on BBC news and Sky News if anyone was watching the LFC TV stream, which has ended.

Thanks, was watching on Everton's website, but that's just gone off air as well.

Great speech from Roberto Martinez.

yeah just wait until you see the ball on his feet and him not having an utter clue what to do with it

stifles way too many attacking plays

edit: no we were fucking not you bellend

How can I give weight to somebody's opinion when they believe that Benzema isn't world class?

Jarnet87

do you think löw will insist on khedira playing the wc? germany has way too many talented cms to waste a starting spot on him

We are talking about the same manager who kept playing Podolski and bringing Klose to the tournament. It wouldn't shock me if Khedira starts.

never forget

thumb.jpg

Feorax

Actually, fuck Sky News. Cutting away from Martinez so they weren't associated with some of his words. Cowardly cunts.

Jack cw

I dont think that neither Khedira nor Gündogan are going to Brazil. Khedira wont have any match practice and would still be in recovery state and far far away from 100% fitness. Lahm is already playing Khediras position, so the only question left is Götze or Kroos as CAM. Löw will use Peps layout for WC and fail miserably. Also depends how the season ends for Bayern. If we lose unlucky like 2012 against Chelsea or get shot to hell by Real and BVB then its going to be an underwhelming WC for Germany.

pulga

Banned
I dont think that neither Khedira nor Gündogan are going to Brazil. Khedira wont have any match practice and would still be in recovery state and far far away from 100% fitness. Lahm is already playing Khediras position, so the only question left is Götze or Kroos as CAM. Löw will use Peps layout for WC and fail miserably. Also depends how the season ends for Bayern. If we lose unlucky like 2012 against Chelsea or get shot to hell by Real and BVB then its going to be an underwhelming WC for Germany.

well khedira's back in training with us so he can't be that far off from returning

10252108_10150560249974953_1131213248753599346_n.jpg

BELIEVE JACKY BOY

If Khedira wouldn't demand crazy wages, I would take him at Chelsea really.

But will be more fun when we take that Willy Carvalho guy from United.

Feorax

Aren't there court ordered reporting restrictions while there's an inquest ongoing?

There are, but you would assume the BBC and Sky would have clearance to show this if they're running the whole thing. I would imagine LFCTV and Everton are playing it safe if nothing else.

BBC haven't censored a thing so far.

Jarnet87

I think Germany are going to choke in spectacular fashion like always. The question is which will of the following will it be: Another tough loss to spain, a crushing defeat in the semis to a lesser talented side like Italy, a penalty shootout loss, or a loss to Brazil in the final again. So many ways to disappoint.

L1NETT

If Khedira wouldn't demand crazy wages, I would take him at Chelsea really.

But will be more fun when we take that Willy Carvalho guy from United.

Really? I ain't no blues expert, but don't Matic and Luiz do similar roles, and both have far more technically to their game.

Khedira and Song might be better than Fellani and Cleverley, but they don't solve any of the issues in the United midfield.

Pennywise

If Khedira is fit and got some practice, he will play...
Gündogan won't make it and he won't give either Bender time on the pitch.

Jack cw

well khedira's back in training with us so he can't be that far off from returning

BELIEVE JACKY BOY
I do believe but he was out for several months and I dont think he could be fit for WC in less then 8 weeks. Its nice to have him back though, but it takes around the same time getting to 100% as the recovery time with an ACL...
If Khedira is fit and got some practice, he will play...
Gündogan won't make it and he won't give either Bender time on the pitch.

Depends on how many matches he makes at Real in the next few weeks and Kroos, Lahm, Schweinsteiger, Götze are at 100%. And I dont think Löw will break the Bayern midfield.

pulga

Banned
I think Germany are going to choke in spectacular fashion like always. The question is which will of the following will it be: Another tough loss to spain, a crushing defeat in the semis to a lesser talented side like Italy, a penalty shootout loss, or a loss to Brazil in the final again. So many ways to disappoint.

Honduras will knock them out in the round of 16

ill bathe in blablurns tears

sikaffy.gif wil have mixed feelings

Hixx

@SkySports_Keith 2m
Poyet tells @SkySportsNews: "it won't be a surprise to anyone if something happens between now & end of the season." (Regarding his future)

I want to headbutt him. Honestly. Before the Everton game he said he had "total support" from Short, now he is intimating he is going to be sacked.

Wish he'd just offer no comment tbh.

Clegg

United has no pace in the middle of the pitch.

Moyes knows this is a big problem.

Targets Fellaini, Song and Carvalho.

Jack cw

Honduras will knock them out in the round of 16

ill bathe in blablurns tears

sikaffy.gif wil have mixed feelings

Bla is more into Greece than Germany I'm afraid ;)
And I dont know about elsk, but winning the WC would be the saddest thing to me, because Löw will stay for another era...

Really? I ain't no blues expert, but don't Matic and Luiz do similar roles, and both have far more technically to their game.

Khedira and Song might be better than Fellani and Cleverley, but they don't solve any of the issues in the United midfield.

Matic does. I fully expect Luiz to be going in the summer (way too inconsistent for Mou and could get good money) and Mikel is looking very likely to leave too, that leaves Chelsea with only one Midfielder that can do proper defensive work. Khedira is fairly limited going forward, but Chelsea will be looking for a new midfielder of that type during the summer, he's great at protecting his back line and you can't put a finger on his work rate.

But again, he's probably going to be too expensive compared to some alternatives, but he would be far from a bad option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom