• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go and buy yourself a Lindt Easter Eggs United fans

Good shizzle them

And I agree re:Bumhead

People could see last year that this United team was aging. Fortunately Robin Van Persie and Fergie in a poor league carried them to the title

An injured RVP and an aging squad is an awful spot for any manager

Moyes has to take some of the blame, but this season for United was never going to be easy regardless of who was in charge.

Moyes has made a meal of it, never sticking to the same team. No consistency and all that. But other factors at play.

People forget that it wasn't just RVP. Rafael, Chicha, de Gea, Carrick, Rio, etc... had some of their best seasons last season. It wasn't just RVP. In fact, RVP even failed to score for 10 straight games or something like that last season, and United still won.

That's not to say that RVP wasn't the best player, because he was.

Many, many people have been looking at the Manchester United squad and highlighting weaknesses for years and years.

Fergie knew what he was doing when he got out. He's a clever fucking bastard, you'll say that much about him whoever you support.

The midfield, Young, and the left backs aren't good enough. That has been known. The rest of the players have had their reputation ruined under Moyes though. Fergie can take some of the blame for that too. The movement has been dire for a couple of seasons as we all know and that has made things worse for the team resulting in United playing boring football.

In any case, Moyes has just made things worse. A lot worse. Who has actually had their best season under Moyes? Everyone is performing like shit apart from de Gea. People were saying Rooney was shit last season and yet his output has been roughly the same as this season despite playing out of position last season.

Wilbur

Banned
I can't believe you're getting distraught over dat guy leaving :lol:

The money you'd get from selling him could be wisely invested into a much better player if you sack Moyes in the summer.

I think Welbeck's vastly underrated.

RI said he handed in a transfer request, but this was a few weeks ago now.

There are 5 players who I'm yet to see Moyes have some kind of "issue" with. They are:

Januzaj
Mata
Fellaini
Rooney
Jones

Decent 5 a side team. 2 guys to play, one guy to crush you, one guy to eat you and a variety of facial expressions.

:lol

We're gonna be selling 20 players this summer

Cappa

Banned
I think Welbeck's vastly underrated.

tumblr_mpwjbwBab41rwk5rho1_500.gif

Marc

Many, many people have been looking at the Manchester United squad and highlighting weaknesses for years and years.

Fergie knew what he was doing when he got out. He's a clever fucking bastard, you'll say that much about him whoever you support.

And Moyes failed to address it, there were loads of options that he didn't attempt.

Let us put it this way, if Mourinho ended up getting the job... where would United be? Or if Fergie stayed another season, where would they be. C'mon, Moyes is clearly the one at fault.

Labadal

Everyone shut the fuck up about Welback. I said I liked him last year. If Brenton signs him, he'll be our right footed Sturridge.

Oh no.

I think I've had it. Until now I've just been like yeah this is shit but whatever. I now NEED the tweet: "David Moyes leaves the club by mutual consent".

I feel grumpy :(

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I never said injuries were the only thing that have been wrong with Manchester United this season but they've played a significant part. The sheer denial that injuries don't matter on this forum due to the pure bile, hatred and jealousy that so many people have against Manchester United due to how successful they've been over the years is equally pathetic as it is astounding.

I love United, and I think injuries and luck are not why you're fucking shite.

Arnie

Oh no.

I think I've had it. Until now I've just been like yeah this is shit but whatever. I now NEED the tweet: "David Moyes leaves the club by mutual consent".

I feel grumpy :(

Haven't you got some birthday poonan on the way?

I've just got Tomb Raider and a Chinese. Then MoTD.

kmax

there_is_no_need_to_be_upset-4390.gif

Seriously, United need to sack Moyes asap. His inability to inspire his players and make an impact is going to cost them next season if they don't.

They need to build a new project now that Sir Alex is gone, and Moyes is certainly not the man to lead it.

Bumhead

Banned
And Moyes failed to address it, there were loads of options that he didn't attempt.

Let us put it this way, if Mourinho ended up getting the job... where would United be? Or if Fergie stayed another season, where would they be. C'mon, Moyes is clearly the one at fault.

At no point have I defended Moyes.

He's done a shit job. Fellaini especially is going straight into the upper echelons of famously shit United signings.

But he's not entirely at fault.

As always the truth is somewhere in the middle of the various extremes that surround stuff like this. Those who blame Moyes and only Moyes at the expense of all other factors are making themselves look stupid.

Tambini

Good game today.
Always a bit scared watching football with my old granddad, he looks close to a heart attack half the time lol but great display today by Rambo <3

He's done a shit job. Fellaini especially is going straight into the upper echelons of famously shit United signings.

As always the truth is somewhere in the middle of the various extremes that surround stuff like this. Those who blame Moyes and only Moyes at the expense of all other factors are making themselves look stupid.

I don't think many people do blame Moyes and Moyes only though.

But for his part, they want Moyes gone. Which is fair enough I suppose.

Cappa

Banned

How can you not directly blame Moyes, as far as I can understand he was given a substantial transfer budget, with a substantial amount of time, and couldn't get anyone willing to move ot United to play under him.

A ridiculous price was paid for Fellaini for essentially a position United did not truly have a need for. Then, players like Kagawa whom perhaps should be given more of opportunity are left on the bench.

I'm sorry but there is no reason why essentially the same team as last season could be this bad. 4th-5th place finish perhaps is acceptable.... not even European qualification for any competition is not, especially for a team like United.

Splatt

A ridiculous price was paid for Fellaini for essentially a position United did not truly have a need for.

I was under the impression that Utd lacked central midfielders.

That Fellaini turned out to be poop at the highest level of play is another thing...

Bumhead

Banned
How can you not directly blame Moyes,

Jesus. This is really hard work..

I don't think many people do blame Moyes and Moyes only though.

But for his part, they want Moyes gone. Which is fair enough I suppose.

Absolutely fair enough, sure.

Personally I'd have liked to have seen Moyes do well. As a neutral I wouldn't even mind if he got another season, although that's obviously something United fans would have reason to disagree with.

Moyes' big problem is his absolute delusion with some of his post match reflection and analysis this season. Even when a manager is failing, fans can and do rally round to get behind a manager if they can see the routes and logic behind what the manager is trying to achieve. Some of Moyes' approach and comments are bat shit. He could be reasonably certified after today's post match interviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom