• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

You beat them and City go top on goal difference. Do it for football Jose.

You're assuming City win all of their remaining games.

An assumption that after Wednesday looks a tad dumb.

The thing we most have going for us is we've won 11 on the bounce and look to keep picking up three points relentlessly. The other two don't have that.

Sane_Man

Can you imagine if Everton actually beat City to win us the league? Would be a mad ending to a mad as fuck season.

Our next two games are gonna be massively difficult. We need heroic performances. The fans will help.

Arnie

I'm almost certain City drop points at Goodison. They do most seasons, let alone with the Ev playing so well and them looking less than comfortable in the run in.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Let's be honest here m8

Freiburg would destroy Manchester United

there's absolutely no excuse how a team with RVP, Rooney, Mata, Carrick, De Gea, Kagawa and the like is in midtable.

No fucking excuse.

Behead Moyes and be done with it United fans

Shit, i'm losing control.

I went away for 10 mins, came back, saw the thread had moved forward an extra page.

Thought, "hmm, alot of activity...Moyes must be sacked!!!!"

:(

PowderedToast

if chelsea dismantle our winning streak its plausible that we could fall at palace too because of that. I don't know if this squad remembers what losing feels like, just an unbelivable run. but i'm still on fucking pins

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
10171184_1407115609561855_4825230070333773839_n.jpg

You know what amazes me? Liverpool have won 11 in a row; there's 3 games to go, and there's still a chance that they may not win it. Where were they 11 games ago? It really seemed to me like they've been in the hunt for longer than that.

Arnie

You know what amazes me? Liverpool have won 11 in a row; there's 3 games to go, and there's still a chance that they may not win it. Where were they 11 games ago? It really seemed to me like they've been in the hunt for longer than that.
We were top on Christmas day, but between then and the new year we had a couple of demoralising losses that set us back behind the pack.

And then the run began.

We were comfortably 4th 11 games ago iirc, thinking of overthrowing 3rd and still looking over our shoulders at Spurs a bit. If we were already challenging the league back then, it'd be over

Linius

We were top on Christmas day, but between then and the new year we had a couple of demoralising losses that set us back behind the pack.

And then the run began.

Yeah, I remember that Liverpool decline. That was around the time I felt Arsenal could actually be making a run for the title this season but their decline started a bit later than usual but was way harder than what you guys went trough :p

King_Moc

Banned

They were 8 off the top before the first win, which was the 5-1 against Arsenal.

doicare

Blr63mAIEAA2YVi.jpg

your tactics are shit.
You can only play as well as the players on the pitch and when most of your best ones are injured of course it's going to effect the way you play. Beyond that when so many players are in and out injured you can't field the same side week in week out which creates a lack of understanding on the pitch.
your transfer window was shit
Yes it was, but not enough to cause a team to drop from an easy 1st in the league to barely 7th.
your manager is shit
Average so far - yes.
Shit - no.
your player's attitude on the pitch is shit
For the most part no.
your squad, fully fit, is shit.
And this just proves how little you know. How can you possibly say this Manchester United team when fully fit is shit when this entire season Manchester United haven't been able to field their first choice starting eleven even once due to injuries.

For somebody who 'loves' Man United you sure know very little about them.

Feorax

We've been in and around top 4 for pretty much the entire season. We had a dip around xmas due to playing both City and Chelsea away back to back, and both Studge and Gerrard being injured, but our surge since the WBA game has been ridiculous.

I don't think we would have enough in the tank if there were 5 games to go, but I think we might just be able to manage 3.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
You can only play as well as the players on the pitch and when most of your best ones are injured of course it's going to effect the way you play. Beyond that when so many players are in and out injured you can't field the same side week in week out which creates a lack of understanding on the pitch.

Yes it was, but not enough to cause a team to drop from an easy 1st in the league to barely 7th.

Average so far - yes.
Shit - no.

For the most part no.

And this just proves how little you know. How can you possibly say this Manchester United team when fully fit is shit when this entire season Manchester United haven't been able to field their first choice starting eleven even once due to injuries.

For somebody who 'loves' Man United you sure know very little about them.

nah

Tawpgun

The chelsea game is gonna be bonkers. I'm trying to do the math/different scenarios in my head and almost anything can happen between chelsea, mancity, and liverpool.

Liv vs Chelsea and City vs everton are gonna be HUGE.

Sane_Man

I don't know who this Geordie cunt is who I always seem to get on Spanish football streams, but I fucking hate him. I thought David Pleat talked some shit but this guy is next level and with most annoying voice ever to boot. I'm gonna punch a wall.

Nicktendo86

World 6 of donkey Kong county tropical freeze has the best combo of graphics and music I have ever seen and heard in a videogame. The whole game looks great, but this world is on another level. Astonishing.

The chelsea game is gonna be bonkers. I'm trying to do the math/different scenarios in my head and almost anything can happen between chelsea, mancity, and liverpool.

With the form Crystal Palace are in, Crystal Palace Vs Man City and Crystal Palace Vs LFC will be big too.

Moyes: "We are under way with what we are doing (recruitment) to give ourselves a better chance to compete at the top."

A chance to compete at the top? Fucking excuse me? Who are we? Fucking Aston Villa?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Bloody hell, who comes up with this shit for Hannibal? They seriously need help.

Is ANY of this stuff in the books btw?

And you still can't prove me wrong. Let me know when you actually have something intellectual to say instead of childish, petulant one word replies.

I can reply, but quite honestly you're not worth the time or effort lol. You're just a fucking parrot who repeats the same stuff every week.

FootballFan

FootballFan. Look into my face and say those words.

We both will agree that this is not true.

A lot of our players have been shit this season. Alba is not one of them. And the "there's more to being a left back than running forward" doesn't work with him because he is genuinely good at defending. What he does up front is just bonus.

He is a diving cunt, doesn't change any of the above though.

Alaba is still great Bla.

Fergie

Banned

It comes down to this.

Merseyside vs London vs Manchester.

Moyes: "We are under way with what we are doing (recruitment) to give ourselves a better chance to compete at the top."

A chance to compete at the top? Fucking excuse me? Who are we? Fucking Aston Villa?
Transformation to Everton is complete. Should swap stadiums. OT to GP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom