• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoever succeeds Moises will probably attempt to some variant of 4-1-4-1, no kidding. Most of the players are just to slow / lazy for anything else.

--------------------RvP-----------------------

Januzaj -- Hair transplant -- Mata -- (X)

----- (Fletcher / Carrick / Fellaini) ------ /though none of them really fits the bill for that position, lol

(Y) ---- (Z) --- (Jones / Evans) - Rafael

Kagawa will, of course, be in a better place by then.
X: How about Hulk? I heard he likes money. Or get someone like Cuardado or inbred Shakira. Keep one of Nani / Valencia as backup.
Y: Baines, although, if Everton get to play CL? Dunno, Luke Shaw?
Z: No idea, Mangala from Porto? But you probably get some Brit like Shawcross, lol

Also you should Dump Ashley Young in the desert like that ET game for Atari.

I was sitting in a rank old pub in the extreme West of Wales (everyone was speaking Welsh) when West Ham were playing Liverpool. As a Hammers fan I thought it would be nice to have a drink and watch the match while I was on holiday.

I walk in and everyone is wearing a fucking Liverpool shirt. Felt really odd.

I left at half time (just after we scored) because it was unbearable.

Kosma

Banned
I think only the WC 2010 finale can top this for me. Take note that I'm from '91 so I never experienced losing a CL finale as a passionate supporter of football.

The fact that we're humiliated by a small club in a cup finale is something I won't be able to cope with for a while. And then to think about the fact that there's a good chance we're supposed to be happy and partying next week. I'm not sure how I feel about that yet.

Im from 83 so I remember a few depressing games.

This is the worst ive seen Ajax play in my life, but as its only the cup I will be ok.

This cant compare to going out against Russia for example in 2008.

Linius

Im from 83 so I remember a few depressing games.

This is the worst ive seen Ajax play in my life, but as its only the cup I will be ok.

This cant compare to going out against Russia for example in 2008.

Yeah, Russia was terrible too. But I have stronger feelings regarding Ajax to be honest. I'll get over losing with the national team much easier. And surely this is just the cup which is never seen as a big thing by the traditional top clubs but this year could have been special with De Boer and all. I really wanted to win this.

Oh and another devastating defeat that comes to mind is being kicked out of the CL qualifiers by Copenhagen...

Carbonox

Just watched the new Hobbit film. Way more enjoyable than the first. Sauron and Smaug delivering the goods.

Torn between buying LEGO Marvel Superheroes (demo is fun, come at me) or South Park: The Stick of Truth.

Linius

Just watched the new Hobbit film. Way more enjoyable than the first. Sauron and Smaug delivering the goods.

Torn between buying LEGO Marvel Superheroes (demo is fun, come at me) or South Park: The Stick of Truth.

South Park easily. If you like the series that is. Brilliant game.

But yes, the Lego games are a lot of fun. I bought the LotR Lego game last week. You can get them dirt cheap on PC.

Gurthang

Banned
I think you mean LB, and he isn't anyway, Alba is.

1387314532448.jpg

Based on the current form Felipe Luiz

Kosma

Banned
Yeah, Russia was terrible too. But I have stronger feelings regarding Ajax to be honest. I'll get over losing with the national team much easier. And surely this is just the cup which is never seen as a big thing by the traditional top clubs but this year could have been special with De Boer and all. I really wanted to win this.

Oh and another devastating defeat that comes to mind is being kicked out of the CL qualifiers by Copenhagen...

Man I dont even remember that :)

National team is another level because its only every few years. Its different from club football.

Fuck Kopenhagen anyway, go Randers!

Carbonox

South Park easily. If you like the series that is. Brilliant game.

But yes, the Lego games are a lot of fun. I bought the LotR Lego game last week. You can get them dirt cheap on PC.

I love South Park and it's only 18 quid on PS3 so I'll probably end up going for that.

doicare

Is ANY of this stuff in the books btw?

I can reply, but quite honestly you're not worth the time or effort lol. You're just a fucking parrot who repeats the same stuff every week.
Ah yes the famous words of somebody who is wrong but can't admit it. "Yeah, yeah i'm soooooo obviously right, it would be soooooo easy to prove you wrong but for some strange reason i won't." The simple truth is if i'm so wrong it should be incredibly easy for you to prove me wrong yet you can't, funny that. I shoot down everything you say and back it up with stats and facts.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Ah yes the famous words of somebody who is wrong but can't admit it. "Yeah, yeah i'm soooooo obviously right, it would be soooooo easy to prove you wrong but for some strange reason i won't." The simple truth is if i'm so wrong it should be incredibly easy for you to prove me wrong yet you can't, funny that. I shoot down everything you say and back it up with stats and facts.

:lol :lol alright baby. See you next week after Norwich.

Can't wait for buyern cunts to dump the next 40m for Laporte.

Maybe he's got the potential to be great, but for that kind of money...lol. Just keep funneling that VW, Allainz, Adidas money toward Atletico.

Oh great, I bought a season pass for Orphan Black and local iTunes doesn't bother to upload the latest episode even though it's already available in the US.

Fuck you iTunes, I paid 26€ for that.

Edit:
It's kinda amusing how full of their team Real fans suddenly are.

Get a vpn.

L1NETT

Sorry for the poker related post BUT;

First person to win the EPT title twice is Victoria Coren, unbelievable!

Could be huge for Poker in the Uk, she's a big mainstream media star

David Mitchell's missus? Didn't know she played professionally. I've seen Teddy Sheringham play.

Abraxas

Davey mitchell made an interesting choice with her. Admitted coke fiend AND a champion poker player. David could've had any woman or man he wanted.

tri_willy

man united GAF, rooney is a fucking cancer to your set up, moyes is the mastermind behind that cancer. a dead rvp does not help either... personally i would rather give chicarito or welbeck as the main strikers. rooney should have fucked off earlier this season the overpaid, overweight, loses hair much faster than he loses weight, the piece of crap

Linius

What about the year that Ajax lost the championship by one goal difference?

Obviously that was some bullshit. But it was a weird day to begin with. I would have never expected the title since AZ had Excelsior to beat. Then weird stuff happened and PSV came out on top. It was a shit day but if you go in not expecting anything it feels different. And we won the game that day. Today we got destroyed by PEC Zwolle in a cup finale. Who ever placed a bet on this outcome is a rich guy/girl now.

doicare

Lol oh dear, are you one of these posters who always has to have the last word no matter how juvenile it is to make themselves feel like they've 'won' or something? Well you're in luck because unless you actually post something intelligent i won't be replying. Enjoy your Easter Weekend Yurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom