• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

miserable

Messi scoring 26 goals even when he's not at his best shows what a joke La Liga is, and makes Suarez's performance this season even more impressive.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Lol i see Yurt is having trouble with reading comprehension again, i said i wouldn't be replying to him unless he actually wants to have an adult conversation. Me replying to somebody else about the subject isn't replying to him.

I know man

Yeah. He should get a terrible haircut or wear a baseball cap with a tuxedo. He may get more attention that way...

He is one of my favorite players.

AND change his name :p

I'm thinking...Pedrinho?

Scum

------------ Messi -----------
Alexis -- Iniesta -- Pedro
------ Cesc -- Bisquits ------

Make it happen, FF.

Wilbur

Banned

011___metapod_by_moo_feeler-d5i457h.jpg

Arnie

Welbeck's a good runner and a handy asset (not to mention technically sound) but as an out and out striker he isn't Manchester United quality.

And therein lies the problem. No manager would play him in his preferred position because he's clearly at the bottom of the pecking order when it comes to finishing.

He should move to Aston Villa and become a 15 goal a season striker for the next decade.

Gurthang

Banned
Messi scoring 26 goals even when he's not at his best shows what a joke La Liga is, and makes Suarez's performance this season even more impressive.

OH MY GOD
Which league has more contenders in EL and CL? We will see how impressive Suarez is next year in CL

Wilbur

Banned
And yet he's Wilbur's hero.

Begs the question, why.

Because I think he's a very good player who is unfortunately a striker with terrible composure. Despite this, he works hard for the team, is more intelligent than a lot of our other players and offers something different.

He also has a decent goal record when played up top, and he is almost always played out of position. He's English, a local lad, came through the academy and I just really really like him.

Randdalf

I was sitting in a rank old pub in the extreme West of Wales (everyone was speaking Welsh) when West Ham were playing Liverpool. As a Hammers fan I thought it would be nice to have a drink and watch the match while I was on holiday.

I walk in and everyone is wearing a fucking Liverpool shirt. Felt really odd.

I left at half time (just after we scored) because it was unbearable.

Liverpool are pretty big in Wales, it's the equivalent of the South of England for Man Utd.

Sane_Man

Because I think he's a very good player who is unfortunately a striker with terrible composure. Despite this, he works hard for the team, is more intelligent than a lot of our other players and offers something different.

He also has a decent goal record when played up top, and he is almost always played out of position. He's English, a local lad, came through the academy and I just really really like him.

I actually agree with all of that, but he's just not good enough for what United want and need to be. He's a squad player for you at best and he doesn't want that. You'd get a decent price for him. Probably more than what he's actually worth.

Scum

You post this every week :lol

4-3-3 or death.

I'm serious.

And I'll keep doing it too. Plan B, FF. Plan B. If Xavi & Mascherano continue to play in a 4-3-3 with no Pedro or Alexis in sight, then you deserve everything terrible thing that can happen to your team.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

he really is the strikers equivalent of Simone Pepe. A lovable hard worker who's shit at his main job. We both could do a lot better, but can you convince the Zabos of this world? NOPE
llshcqjk8i.gif

Wilbur

Banned
he really is the strikers equivalent of Simone Pepe. A lovable hard worker who's shit at his main job. We both could do a lot better, but can you convince the Zabos of this world? NOPE

It's like falling in love with Bad Boys II, or a woman with smelly farts or a hairy face

You accept its flaws but yet you love it regardless

FootballFan

And I'll keep doing it too. Plan B, FF. Plan B. If Xavi & Mascherano continue to play in a 4-3-3 with no Pedro or Alexis in sight, then you deserve everything terrible thing that can happen to your team.

Tata is trying to make a plan B by playing 4 mids, using Messi on the wing etc.

It just doesn't work.

Messi needs to be on. With 2 of Neymar/Sanchez/Pedro/Tello on up front.

Busquets needs to be on. With 2 of Xavi/Iniesta/Cesc/Song/Roberto

The defenders, except for Alba and Bartra, I don't know. Masch and Pique suck.

Goalkeepers, need to buy at least 2 but that won't be possible.

dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom