• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

L1NETT

Enjoying Fargo.

Hopefully after it's done we get bloody Utopia S2

If Channel 4 release it in Summer months sent out to die I will find them and give them a massive wedgie.

--

Altidore?

Blossom?

yeah, no

Feorax

I'm pretty sure I saw my man Ryan Babel at 0:31.

Oh HIM.

He was never going to be top class, but binning him and replacing him with Downing 6 months later was insanity.

That being said, Ajax got Babel, we got Suarez. Swings and roundabouts.

Hixx

Altidore did what 77 other teams strikers couldn't.

-

Remember that coke story? I keep hearing something about Wednesday.

Any troof?

BlsXPfQCYAA4eeP.png:large

Linius

Oh HIM.

He was never going to be top class, but binning him and replacing him with Downing 6 months later was insanity.

That being said, Ajax got Babel, we got Suarez. Swings and roundabouts.

Yeah we did enjoy him another season. Though he was injured quite a lot :(

And Suarez has been the best buy for Liverpool in recent years. At least one player coming from the Eredivisie who doesn't completely suck in a big league. Him and Strootman are about the only exceptions from recent years who performed great right after leaving the Eredivisie.

Scum

Tata is trying to make a plan B by playing 4 mids, using Messi on the wing etc.

It just doesn't work.

Messi needs to be on. With 2 of Neymar/Sanchez/Pedro/Tello on up front.

Busquets needs to be on. With 2 of Xavi/Iniesta/Cesc/Song/Roberto

The defenders, except for Alba and Bartra, I don't know. Masch and Pique suck.

Goalkeepers, need to buy at least 2 but that won't be possible.

dead.

Who's got the .gif of Mancini looking on gormlessly by the sidelines. I need it.
Messi?? On the wing?? I don't even...

Cappa

Banned
Messi scoring 26 goals even when he's not at his best shows what a joke La Liga is, and makes Suarez's performance this season even more impressive.

true La Liga is a joke.... so is European competitions considering 4 La Liga teams are still in it.

L1NETT

Ain't hear anything on the coke story Hixx

Might be another England player coming out (I.E --> bullshit) or we won't hear about due to legal reasons blah blah

--

Yeah congrats Lambda :)

L1NETT

He's good but ultimately wouldn't have changed anything.

This isn't a personnel issue.

Poppycock

People have pointed out this United team has been aging and fading for years.

Gotta a lot of aging players on big wages and frankly average youngsters. Very few world class players.

That squad is not good enough. Manager might not be either, but heh.

--

Is Suet back soon too?

Can;t be fudged to fix that typo, sounds better.

He's good but ultimately wouldn't have changed anything.

This isn't a personnel issue.

Don't think he would have changed anything to the extent where we'd be in the the title hunt, but he is a brilliant player and he's getting better.

If we tried to sign him this summer - we wouldn't be able to get him.

Arnie

Poppycock

People have pointed out this United team has been aging and fading for years.

Gotta a lot of aging players on big wages and frankly average youngsters. Very few world class players.

That squad is not good enough. Manager might not be either, but heh.

--

Is Suet back soon too?
I don't disagree that United need world class youngsters, but the main issue is a manager out of his depth, not a lack of Spanish pomposity in midfield.

Herrera is good but I don't think he's Koke level, in that you could only tempt him away with Champions League football and a clear route to silverware. United could still sign him this summer if they met his fee.

Scum

That's good.

Still, I'd have Alexis on the right, Neymar on the left, and Thiago instead of Cesc.

Ffs Thiago. :(

Neymar's needs to be given more freedom to roam. He needs to do a D. Villa when he's out there on the left, and yeah, Thiago.... :-/

Elchele

Looks like Contento is going to Hoffenheim
DvB to Koln
Mandzukic/Pizarro isn't clear yet. A decision will be made soon, we don't want to let him go yet but if he insists then we'll sell him and extend Pizarro for the backup striker position.

Can't believe we're selling Contento. Pep has ruined this club

Arnie

Fergie said we needed eight or nine players to challenge for the league.

I honestly wonder how many he thinks United need.

Imagine taking everything we've learnt from this season and distilling it down to a single, onyx blob.

That blob would be: Sir Alex Ferguson doesn't have a fucking clue.

L1NETT

I'd argue they have a poor manager with a poor squad in a league where their direct rivals are only getting stronger.

Moyes and his ability to not pick a consistent side is an issue, but the lack and depth of quality personnel is a) as big an issue as Moyes (imo) and b) not something that can be fixed in one/two transfer windows

Arnie

I'd argue they have a poor manager with a poor squad in a league where their direct rivals are only getting stronger.

Moyes and his ability to not pick a consistent side is an issue, but the lack and depth of quality personnel is a) as big an issue as Moyes (imo) and b) not something that can be fixed in one/two transfer windows

I'd argue that a coach of United quality should be able to lead that title winning squad, with £60 million worth of additions, to some modicum of domestic success at the very least.

And to Viva's point I don't think throwing in another £30 million player would've changed the club's fortunes this season. At all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom