• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

confuziz

Banned
This must be your highlight of the season!

It is actually. Well that 4-0 against Ajax wasn't that bad either..

Its-something.jpg

Linius

I don't care that much. I know one day we will come back, it's a given.

Obviously.

And to be honest, I love winning the league so many times but our football is terrible to watch 90 percent of the time. I think you guys had more games that were 90 minutes of fun than we had this season.

Okay that settles it. I'll watch it tomorrow then.

don't fail me Will. edit: and Arnie!

:(

confuziz

Banned
Obviously.

And to be honest, I love winning the league so many times but our football is terrible to watch 90 percent of the time. I think you guys had more games that were 90 minutes of fun than we had this season.

Are you sure? I can only think of some matches at the beginning of the season

Remember when they thought they were good back then...it was so funny!

Linius

and Linius too? HYPE

Good taste club approves

To be fair, if FX is airing a new drama it's always worth your time to at least check the pilot. They rarely miss.

Are you sure? I can only think of some matches at the beginning of the season

Remember when they thought they were good back then...it was so funny!

I was legit scared of that PSV team. I remember telling myself you guys played shitty teams mostly and the real test still had to come. Then you guys smacked us and I had nothing to say anymore. You finally had your chance for an avatar bet revenge :p

dc89

I've got so many things I want to watch!

I hear so many good things about stuff like Californication, Suits, Hanibal, The Wire etc

Where the bloody hell do I start?

Arnie

Norwich were really good today. Genuinely.

They fought like fucking beavers. Pressed high up and maintained an intensity in their crossing. We just couldn't handle it.

Hixx

I hear so many good things about stuff like Californication, Suits, Hanibal, The Wire etc

Californication. 30 min episodes and 12 eps a season = great pacing. Stays brilliant for a few seasons, good for a couple more but the latest is kind of terrible.

Let's hope they keep it up for next week.

Let's not.

Californication. 30 min episodes and 12 eps a season = great pacing. Stays brilliant for a few seasons, good for a couple more but the latest is kind of terrible.

Let's not.

Sorry Hixx

You guys have been naughty boys this week. Go away for a year, lets both rebuild, then come back and help us out.

Arnie

Sunderland have been so fucking naughty this week. It's great.

Pepe Mel's gonna throw a few blows tomorrow, like.

Who is Pepe Mel?

Who the fuck is Pepe Mel?

We'll all know who Pepe Mel is come 10pm tomorrow.

L1NETT

DC my man

Watch The Wire

My favourite show of ALL TIME

Hannibal is mint, as is Orphan Black

I never got into Suits, thought it was hot garbage. (sorry in advance).

Wes

venison crêpe

Watch The Wire and don't look back.

It's amongst the pinnacle of broadcast dramas of the past 20 years.

Linius

I've had busy times this weekend so I piled my series. I can potentially watch new episodes for Hannibal, Orphan Black, Mad Men, Game of Thrones, Turn and Silicon Valley tomorrow. That's too much awesomeness to handle in one day.

Hixx

Comparing your survival to the rebirth of Elsk... Think about what you just did hixx.

When he stopped being such an overt racist he became not terrible.

It was still a shit comparison but I didn't want to call it the great escape or make a religious reference. And I know Wes doesn't give a shit
dPrJaGc.png

subtles

Norwich were really good today. Genuinely.

They fought like fucking beavers. Pressed high up and maintained an intensity in their crossing. We just couldn't handle it.

Yes. Credit to them.

The moments that stood out for me during their periods of pressing were the few times we took their entire team out with a single pass, leaving a chasm in front of their back four.

I hope we exploit that more efficiently against Chelsea.

I don't mind opposition build up on the ground, even if it carves through us ala City, but I really dislike crosses into our box.

I really do.

Linius

He is on 4 milion a year or something, cant afford that ever ever

Yeah obviously he should be willing to cut back salary wise. With our current management we probably wouldn't even make an exception in the salary cap though and one million is never gonna cut it.

L1NETT

Pepe Mel is a published author

#pepemelfacts

In Peru, Pepe Mel roughly translates as "Bad People"

#pepemelfacts

one of those is true!

FootballFan

Californication sucks
Suits is average.
Have not seen Hannibal yet.
The Wire.

I say start with Twin Peaks.

Razor554

That's good.

Still, I'd have Alexis on the right, Neymar on the left, and Thiago instead of Cesc.

Ffs Thiago. :(

Forget Thiago. We still have his more talented brother.

Just look at dem assists he made today (first and fourth goal)
Rafinha is also much more versatile compared to his brother, can play as CM (like today), but usually he is playing as AMF or winger.

He most likely will be part of out squad next season. However the fuckup called Zubi will probably put some 20m buyout clause on him and he is gone after next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom