• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

subtles

Liverpool U17s are in the final of the Aegon Futures Cup

We play Ajax (whom we beat 2-0 earlier in the tournament)

Let's do this

Linius

Liverpool U17s are in the final of the Aegon Futures Cup

We play Ajax (whom we beat 2-0 earlier in the tournament)

Let's do this

e7rrdnY.jpg

NOURRIIIIIIIII

Arnie

What time (UK) are Game of Thrones and Mad Men on tonight, and how do I go about watching them, for those who do this regularly?

We all make our mistakes in life, it's where you'll end up that matters.

I always learnt the final result, but how you got there. Goddammit, all these motivational posters are so confusing.

What time (UK) are Game of Thrones and Mad Men on tonight, and how do I go about watching them, for those who do this regularly?

I travel to the US to watch Mad Men every Sunday, I'm on my flight right now.

Marc

If Welbeck leaves I will riot

He is my hero now

He is all I have left

Have things really got this bad for United fans?

Man... I'm sorry.

DC - The Wire, Breaking Bad, Boardwalk Empire, Spartacus (yes! its amazing!), Sherlock, Rome, Carnivale, Game of Thrones... roughly in that order. Once you are done with them and have reached enlightenment, we can get you started on the misunderstood TV shows.

Enjoyed Orphan Black, not really on the same level as other shows but fun... like Banshee... only a lot less hot women.

Arnie

Can't wait for Chelsea. Atmosphere is going to be madness. Utterly crackers. Think how the Chelsea players will be feeling coming through this, knowing that they have to win and if they don't their hopes of winning the league will be all but over. Bigger than the City game.

tumblr_n4byxkrY0s1txyveso1_500.jpg

Marc

God damn Rome what a show that was

That's next on my rewatch list.

No one ever believes me when I recommend the likes of Rome and Spartacus, it's like they think they will learn something about history and must therefore be boring. Yet won't shut up about game of thrones, Dragons and loose interpretation of English wars apparently make it ok.

THIRTEEEENNN!!

Can't wait for Chelsea. Atmosphere is going to be madness. Utterly crackers. Think how the Chelsea players will be feeling coming through this, knowing that they have to win and if they don't their hopes of winning the league will be all but over. Bigger than the City game.

Eh the pressure at a match like PSG was much worse I would imagine, and at this point I think most focus will be on Atletico really. Don't see it as realistic beating both Liverpool at Anfield and having to rely on City and Liverpool fucking up after that.

jtb

Banned
Mourinho's been saying for the past two months that Chelsea aren't in the title race, so I don't really see Chelsea being under too much pressure to lock up that top 4 spot.

Clegg

Had a look at the table. It's now mathematically impossible for us to qualify for the CL. That's a first.

Also saw that Ogden article. He has v good contacts at United; if he says Moyes is on shaky ground then I'd believe him.

We'll see tho. Have a feeling that he may have conned another transfer window to prove himself.

Marc

I bought Rome and Battlestar Galactica on Blu recently.

Can't wait to start them properly.

Battlestar Galactica is amazing at the start, just reign in expectations. Won't spoil things but good to temper hopes after the first few seasons.

Enjoy !

Need to watch Fargo as well apparently but too many shows on the go.

Zabojnik

he really is the strikers equivalent of Simone Pepe. A lovable hard worker who's shit at his main job. We both could do a lot better, but can you convince the Zabos of this world? NOPE
llshcqjk8i.gif

O ye of little gratitude! We'll just have to agree to disagree. Pepe was fucking brilliant in Conte's first season. Or at the very least the first 6 months. Sure, you could argue that he was having the season of his life. And obviously I agree that he's far from being a top player. Those six months though ... he was on fucking fire. Goals, assists, worked as hard as I've seen any player work for us. I will forever love him for that. He deserved a better end to his career. :( Fuck injuries.

Terrified at these next two games.

Yen pls. Liverpool have as much of a chance losing the title as Roma have winning it. It's done.

Leighton Baines has grown out of his mod phase then.

If J. K. Rowling ever decides to make a Harry Potter sequel, it should be called Leighton Baines. So quintessentially British.

I can't adequately describe how excited I am about being back in the Champion's League.

Sure, it's great, but Arsenal making the 4th kinda spoils it for me somehow. I have absolutely nothing against Arsenal, but, you know, sometimes you just want to watch someone else's world burn. And you could argue that it would be actually a good thing for Arsenal, since it would drastically improve the chances of Wenger getting sacked.

Salvadora

Sure, it's great, but Arsenal making the 4th kinda spoils it for me somehow. I have absolutely nothing against Arsenal, but, you know, sometimes you just want to watch someone else's world burn. And you could argue that it would be actually a good thing for Arsenal, since it would drastically improve the chances of Wenger getting sacked.
Kin el.

Like people in this thread haven't had enough opportunities to laugh at Arsenal's misfortunes this season.

I don't know, I mean you should always be approaching games with a must win attitude. I think we already do that in big games, at least ones against big opponents. For example, our final three games are all big, but I bet the Liverpool match is the only one we approach with a big game attitude. So I don't think the players will be under a great deal of pressure. I do genuinely fancy a result at Anfield over the other two.

Yen

Yen pls. Liverpool have as much of a chance losing the title as Roma have winning it. It's done.

We've never won the league in my lifetime, and I genuinely believed I would never see it happen, so it's understandable that I'm extremely nervous. Two real tough games. After today's showing, I really hope Sturridge is back so we can revert to our usual system*, albeit with Allen instead of Henderson.

*I think we played 4321, or 41311 today.

As a Chelsea fan, today's Liverpool Norwich game made me confident for our game against Liverpool and petrified of the next one against Norwich. Such a feeling shouldn't be possible. But here we are.

FuturusX

José Mourinho;108879282 said:
As a Chelsea fan, today's Liverpool Norwich game made me confident for our game against Liverpool and petrified of the next one against Norwich. Such a feeling shouldn't be possible. But here we are.

Liverpool at home is an entirely prospect. But hope springs eternal for Chelsea / City fans. I do see a draw as a likely result or a Liverpool smashing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom